Bannerlord is missing many good features from Warband and VC

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, deserters because its boring to fight countless hordes of looters in Bannerlord.
Frankly, I wondered why such a thread took this long to be posted.

Thanks for gathering all important missing features in a well designed list, this is one of best lists I read here. Yes, the ones you selected are all very important features which is currently missing in Bannerlord. Even some can seen less important like follow option but its not. Addition of these will add Bannerlord a lot of positive gameplay but I am not sure how many of them will be added. Even adding only these listed easily make game’s steam rating 90+ and increase number of players by 30-35%.

Sry because of my bad English I am not sure if I understand you correctly - those features of warband isn't supposed to be in bannerlord? In my opinion those things are the fundaments (or part of) the mount and blade experience. For me it would be a big backstep if now there will be mainly bug and performance work for the mentioned one year in early access without working on implementing thos listed things. Thanks for your time and support. Cheers

Being a fan of the M&B series since the first opus early access, BL is a huge disappointment. That's a pale and very clunky shadow of the original. Only the graphics are (much) better.
It feels like a cash grab coupled to a project management catastrophe. (The cash grab being probably prompted by the catastrophe)

Being a fan of the M&B series since the first opus early access, BL is a huge disappointment. That's a pale and very clunky shadow of the original. Only the graphics are (much) better.
It feels like a cash grab coupled to a project management catastrophe. (The cash grab being probably prompted by the catastrophe)
I really hope you are wrong about the cash grab. I too am disappointed, but I still have a bit of hope that the game will be improved. There is no doubt that the project was managed very poorly, I hope Taleworlds will get their **** together and come through to make Bannerlord a good game. It definitely has a lot of cool new features but it's just missing so much. They tried to make new stuff and forgot about what made the game a Mount & Blade game.

Seems the original poster forgot to mention claimants. I understand the the 3 Empire factions are like Claimants but the other factions could have claimants and maybe the claimants randomly become active over time especially if one faction gets too big and dominate over the map.

Oh sorry, I confused them with each other ?

It happens. But it was my favorite Easter Egg when I saw that selecting Ichamur as your starting town held a special warning "Do not leave this starting town without a horse!" in one mod.

Seems the original poster forgot to mention claimants. I understand the the 3 Empire factions are like Claimants but the other factions could have claimants and maybe the claimants randomly become active over time especially if one faction gets too big and dominate over the map.

It seems to be that is the future intent, once we get civil war mechanics put into the game. You can already see notables split their support among the various clans of a faction if you hover over their portrait and quite a few are friends or enemies with the faction ruler or their immediate liege.

In Warband I used to farm forest bandits to level up my troops. I killed maybe 1000 of them in total. One day when I was travelling alone, without my men forest bandits caught me. I asked them for the safe passage for I had no desire to fight. They told me something like this:

"Wait, I know you. You have been butchering our friends like dogs. You had no compassion for them and we will show none"

This was the very first time that I saw that dialogue and did not see it ever again.

I am %100 sure this is not a thing in Bannerlord.

Last edited:
In Warband I used to farm forest bandits to level up my troops. I killed maybe 1000 of them in total. One day when I was travelling alone, without my men forest bandits caught me. I asked them for the safe passage for I had no desire to fight. They told me something like this:

"Wait, I know you. You have been butchering our friends like dogs. You had no compassion for them and we will show none"

This was the very first time that I saw that dialogue and did not see it ever again.

I am %100 sure this is not a thing in Bannerlord.

I've seen that too in Warband. Its details like that, that gives debth and immersion to a game

I really hope you are wrong about the cash grab. I too am disappointed, but I still have a bit of hope that the game will be improved. There is no doubt that the project was managed very poorly, I hope Taleworlds will get their **** together and come through to make Bannerlord a good game. It definitely has a lot of cool new features but it's just missing so much. They tried to make new stuff and forgot about what made the game a Mount & Blade game.
Well.. What I think is that the project was slipping, so they NEEDED to grab cash. I don't think TW wanted to just grab cash and run, it doesn't fit. But this looks like a severe project management problem. That's not something that will resolve on its own.

The thing that concerns me is that Viking Conquest was not worked on for 8 years.
Keep in mind that they already had a good base product to work on - Warband. Here in bannerlord due to totally new engine and new scripting language they can't just move a code from one game to another.

there are no old features. no new features, they promised. some of the new features witch where in reality there like the dynamic economy system doesnt work either. the game is more buggy than its first release.

Back
Top Bottom