Resolved Banned from my own server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yagababa

Regular
I've been playing with a couple friends on a dedicated server I usually host (on the same computer I play on), only recently when I try to join, I get a message that says "you have been banned from this server." There's no ban list in the server files, and I tried adding an empty text file.
My friends all have the same problem trying to connect, and it doesn't matter who hosts the server or whether it's dedicated or not. I'm really confused by this, because we all have our own copies of the game and can join online servers just fine. If anyone has any idea what's going on, help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: I haven't figured out a solution to this issue, but I do have a workaround.

For whatever reason (and this is true for warband as well), it's impossible to join a game being hosted on the same network, dedicated server or not. This is true even for a dedicated server being hosted on the same computer.

You can still host a dedicated server, port forward, and have it be accessible to friends on different networks at different locations. In order to be able to play with those friends--to connect to your own server--the only workaround I've found is to host a dedicated server on a separate computer and port forward like normal; then on the computer running my game, I use a VPN to trick the game into thinking I'm on another network.

I use Nord (nordvpn.com) to do this, it's very simple--just install the windows application, run it, and click on any country. You should be able to connect to your server as normal. Unfortunately Nord isn't free; this might work with other VPN's but I haven't tested any so I'm not sure. For LAN parties, everyone can use the same Nord account to connect to a dedicated server being run on a separate computer.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom