So hows bannerlord??????

Users who are viewing this thread

I have over 5000 hrs on WB and close to 500 hrs with BL ..I have 2 hrs on CK2 did not like it uninstalled it will never play it again.everyone to there own.
Agreed. Though, you missed my point. I was adressing the argument that if you "play a game for 200 hrs. you must think its a good game." No i think ck2 is a good game. I could have also used rdr, rdr2, oblivion, skyrim, gta, etc. I mean bannerlord is okay, but it's far from a good game, at this point, imo. and from what i see, im pessemistic that it will ever be. And unlike you, i spent sufficient time exploring and testing the games mechanics. You can only begin to scratch the surface of ck2 in 200 hrs, you can forget 2 hrs. I could list countless things i have yet to do in 2600 hrs of playing ck2. Granted it is a very difficult, unforgiving and sophisticated game that can easily overwhelm a newby. In any case im certainly not arguing bannerlord should follow in ck2 footsteps. Unless you want all the extra content behind a dlc paywall.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the replies, exactly what i wanted to hear.
however about me i havent done nothing wrong cops tell me i got lost like i blacked out after doing whatever i did and am not even who i think am, like i lived a new life or something its confusing but i just built a brand new pc for this game and haven't even played.
Thanks.

It's the Walk of Shame that I bought it EA for me, because it seems that they don't have a real Roadmap and communication. Hopefully CK3 will be in a better state and that the release date comes soon ??

For now bannerlord is removed from my pc.

It's the Walk of Shame that I bought it EA for me, because it seems that they don't have a real Roadmap and communication. Hopefully CK3 will be in a better state and that the release date comes soon ??

Would be hard for CK3 to be worse than Bannerlord. They need to remove all features from CK1 and CK2 and add a lot of bug and placeholders.

But usually game companies add new features for the second/third/whatever game of a series.

Would be hard for CK3 to be worse than Bannerlord. They need to remove all features from CK1 and CK2 and add a lot of bug and placeholders.

But usually game companies add new features for the second/third/whatever game of a series.

Sometimes I ask myself if I still understand how the gaming industry work and what to ask of a EA Game compared to a Full Release. Nowadays it feels like half portion warm recooked food where you have to wait some days for some ingredients and the last parts you have to pay extra (dlc). That's sad.

i got bored of it playing first 2 weeks :l
never opened since . and its disapointing coming back to the forum to check how its going :C
tried to update it to test whats new but i dont have enough disk space ?

Sometimes I ask myself if I still understand how the gaming industry work and what to ask of a EA Game compared to a Full Release. Nowadays it feels like half portion warm recooked food where you have to wait some days for some ingredients and the last parts you have to pay extra (dlc). That's sad.

I wouldn't say game development is any worse than it used to be. I mean from the era of crap Atari games, then crap difficult Nintendo games, and so on... There's pretty much always been 3rd party developers that put out questionable product.

The only difference is now people aren't just fans of games, they're "fans of developers" of said games. They'll defend any tripe that is put on their plate, and early access is just another somewhat shady avenue they justify eating **** with. Kind of like kickstarter lol.

Regardless though, I think games are basically the same. Good ones, bad ones, and lots in between. The only change is that gamers are somehow gullible enough to believe they're "toxic" if they complain about a product... they bought.

Regardless though, I think games are basically the same. Good ones, bad ones, and lots in between. The only change is that gamers are somehow gullible enough to believe they're "toxic" if they complain about a product... they bought.
Well, can't entirely agree to that. There were times when games were mostly made by gamers for gamers. People who created the games knew they themselves should enjoy playing them. It was also the creative process. People put their views, visions and spirit to their game. All we see now are sterile games made by companies after market researches that take no risks, don't touch questionable subjects and don't take risks. And todays AAA games sole purpose and mission is not a quality but quantity.

Sure, in terms of technology, quality skyrocketted but in terms of content? Not so much. The thing is, gamer market is growing. More and more people are playing games and they're not necessarily all gamers. In fact, those casual players are now majority of consumer market and if company wants profit, it will aim for majority. Since majority of people don't want complex games that requires some knowledge, patience and desire to play complex, interesting stuff, big companies don't include such stuff in their games. They go for simple shoot em up, hack and slash, nice visuals, tons of cinematics and so on. So all we are left with are indie games, still done by gamers for gamers.

That's why Kingdom Come: Deliverance is so good (even though it pissed of sjws). If it would be done by Electronic Arts or Bethesda, it would be much prettier game in visual terms but complete bull**** with story for 12 year olds and black NPCs for Czech merchants, with mandatory gay companion maybe. (Don't get me wrong, have nothing against any of these people and Mass Effect trilogy + Dragon Age: Origins are still my favorite games and diversity of characters is one of the reasons for that too)

Actually, you could make a decent indie game today with a budget spent by big companies only for the trailers of the games. And don't let me start on money spent on marketing. That's why we get so many mismatched reviews on IGN, Gamespot and so on that don't correspond with gamer reviews. Those big company reviewers are all bought today and would slap 8 and 9 and sometimes even 10 to the products they might not even enjoy, just because they're paid.

And the casual players are happy of course, but old-timers and those who wants more struggle :/

Well, can't entirely agree to that. There were times when games were mostly made by gamers for gamers. People who created the games knew they themselves should enjoy playing them. It was also the creative process. People put their views, visions and spirit to their game. All we see now are sterile games made by companies after market researches that take no risks, don't touch questionable subjects and don't take risks. And todays AAA games sole purpose and mission is not a quality but quantity.

Sure.
So all we are left with are indie games, still done by gamers for gamers.

That's why Kingdom Come: Deliverance is so good (even though it pissed of sjws). If it would be done by Electronic Arts or Bethesda, it would be much prettier game in visual terms but complete bull**** with story for 12 year olds and black NPCs for Czech merchants, with mandatory gay companion maybe. (Don't get me wrong, have nothing against any of these people and Mass Effect trilogy + Dragon Age: Origins are still my favorite games and diversity of characters is one of the reasons for that too)

Right.
Sure, in terms of technology, quality skyrocketted but in terms of content? Not so much. The thing is, gamer market is growing. More and more people are playing games and they're not necessarily all gamers.
Hmm...

Unless we have very different interpretations of what "market growing" means = Market growing -> More consumers, more games -> More AAA, More Indie.

Your point: AAA bad! Indie good!
Situation: Now more Indie, yes!

Hmm...

Also:
More and more people are playing games
...and they're not necessarily all gamers.

Uh huh.

And the casual players are happy of course, but old-timers and those who wants more struggle :/

...have more and better games to play to satisfy their needs than ever before, but look at the world through nostalgic glasses to a time when their favourite game companies weren't billion dollar reverse ATMs and complain about the "games industry" or "casuals" when they should be complaining about specific greedy companies that have the rights to specific IP's they enjoy and "ruin" those IP's in the interest of mass marketing.

...have more and better games to play to satisfy their needs than ever before, but look at the world through nostalgic glasses to a time when their favourite game companies weren't billion dollar reverse ATMs and complain about the "games industry" or "casuals" when they should be complaining about specific greedy companies that have the rights to specific IP's they enjoy and "ruin" those IP's in the interest of mass marketing.
I think you got me little bit wrong. It's not about nostalgic glasses. And I don't complain. I just explain :smile:
It's a natural force and laws of market.

That's why those big companies ruin games like Sims and Mass Effect and Dragon Age and their marketing strategies where they make you pay for "additional" content that should in base game and all the different ways to make you pay more and more even after you ALREADY purchased the game. And yes, I'm with you on this subject, how greedy companies have right to IPs.

And yes, there are great games produced today but they more frequently come from small companies.
Again, I don't complain. Not even saying it's unfair or anything. It's how it is. It's how marketing works.

It's same in music industry. It's just how it is.

And yes, there are great games produced today but they more frequently come from small companies.
Again, I don't complain. Not even saying it's unfair or anything. It's how it is. It's how marketing works.

It's same in music industry. It's just how it is.

Alright, I hereby rescind my snarky tone for the most part.

Being an M&B fan from its first appearance, I bought BL ASAP. Played several campaigns, waited for changes, DLed a ton of mods to make it more useable and got tired of it. Went back to Grim Dawn and HoI4. I just keep an eye on the boards from time to time now, without much hope of anything good happening.

Bottom line from my PoV : BL is a mess design-wise and the devs don't seem to be adressing the basic issues, just trying to patch fixes on a borked foundation.
Maybe some modder will make it a good game in a year or two. In the meantime, I may replay VC or Warband a bit for the M&B experience.

Be aware, that mostly only dissatisfied people post on forums, people who are happy with a game are playing it. The Elite Dangerous forums are much like this as well. If the only impression you had came from the forums, you'd probably never touch the game.

Back
Top Bottom