Horse prices 1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Nakh

Sergeant
Hey, comrades,

Anyone where noticed absurdly high prices for steppe horses in Khuzait lands? I took a cruise around and not found any steppe horses cheaper than 250, despite cities and villages have literally hundreds of them for sale. Empire cities have saddle horse prices from 200 to 400 and trotters from 170 to 350 in my observation. Looks like prices doubled for horses for some unknown reason.

Did I miss something in patch notes or it's a bug?

They changed product prices so villages wont starve i guess everything got affected,i saw horses went cheapest like 150 now which is ok price in regard to how much money we make,even higher would be ok as cavalry meant to be a very expensive unit.

Battanians pony sells for 125-175 with 150 being the average, they were already the cheapest horses pre 1.4.2 I remeber seeing them as low as 50-55 almost as low as the most expensive old work horse lol, it was even worth it to butcher them to sell for meat

It really depends where in Khuzait, at least for warhorses. The west of mountain range steppe warhorse are now 1500-2500 but East of the mountains they are still mostly below 1000. This is a game I started on 1.40, moved to 1.4.1beta, and now on 1.4.2 beta. About 450 days in.

It really depends where in Khuzait, at least for warhorses. The west of mountain range steppe warhorse are now 1500-2500 but East of the mountains they are still mostly below 1000. This is a game I started on 1.40, moved to 1.4.1beta, and now on 1.4.2 beta. About 450 days in.

Whole Khuzait territory checked, 250 - lowest price for regular steppe horse, even in cities with 100+ stock available.

Also, looks like caravan AI cannot handle new prices, my caravan struggle to generate any income, 100-200 here and there, but mostly just nothing.

Isn't it a back-door nerf for the Khuzaits? I like it, because it will delay the Khuzaits a while until they can amass their cavalry-rich armies (at least if the NPC lords also have to pay more for horses, don't know if they cheat).

Isn't it a back-door nerf for the Khuzaits? I like it, because it will delay the Khuzaits a while until they can amass their cavalry-rich armies (at least if the NPC lords also have to pay more for horses, don't know if they cheat).

Don't think so. Most of the map have insane prices for horses. Even deep green price for mule is 80 now, not 30-40 like it was before.

I think something is not quite right with the trading prices. Prior to 1.4.1 I had a trading run buying desert horses and selling them to Vlandia / Battania and I could make a reasonable profit but with 1.4.1 I started a new game and now I can actually buy desert horses in Vlandia cheaper than I can in the southern provinces. That doesn't make any sense at all.

It is? In my game Khuzaits are getting clobbered (and I didn't even get involved)....I guess the price of 250-260 per steppe horse will ensure they'll never recover.

Not sure I like the "use horse to upgrade" troops mechanic. As concept it's nice, but the reality is a lot of balancing issues, incl. horse selection when upgrading, acquiring the horses, but also difference between recruiting troops ALREADY on horses vs upgrading infantry.

It seems to go down after a bit of game time. The steppe warhorses where 1.5k but now they're 850, still more then before but it's fine.
It didn't slow me down in the least in building a fast HA army. I makes stealing the herd at the start of the game even sweeter too.

Not sure I like the "use horse to upgrade" troops mechanic. As concept it's nice, but the reality is a lot of balancing issues, incl. horse selection when upgrading, acquiring the horses, but also difference between recruiting troops ALREADY on horses vs upgrading infantry.
I agree I want to select what horses to not waste special ones. Also I would like a basic horse back when I upgrade with a warhorse. I mean where did it go?

I agree I want to select what horses to not waste special ones. Also I would like a basic horse back when I upgrade with a warhorse. I mean where did it go?

I would like a better accounting of horses as well. I would also like to loot the armor and weapons that soldier are bringing into battle. I highly doubt either one will happen though.

Back
Top Bottom