Tournament reward consistency.

Users who are viewing this thread

I've noticed dramatic changes to the rewards as updates have been coming out, ranging from nothing but unique named weapons and mounts to the current state which seems to be almost exclusively helmets of mediocre quality with the occasional low-ish grade chest piece or unusable mount. I'm hoping for the reward table to be more consistent and the betting amount increased.

Unless you save scum, winning tournaments can be difficult on realistic, especially at earlier stages in the game where you're getting one shot by a falxman or armoured units fight you into old age. A more proportionate prize should be well-earned, and from my players perspective of this, doesn't seem so difficult to balance. Maybe the better the city is doing or depending on the shops the city has the reward could be adjusted? Obviously location is already taken into account regarding what sort of reward it would be, and that should definitely stay! Perhaps tournament rewards are given a unique label which means they'll sell for more because they were a tournament prize?

Another suggestion is that all fighters are given stock armour as well as weapons to balance the combat out- I've noticed that when I have an army full of Imperial recruits, the tournament roster fills with them and it's like rigging a win because their armour sucks and their skill is low. Just a quick thought to get out there, no doubt it's already being thought about though!

There is wide variety of items as a tournament rewards, not just helmets. And they all range between tier 4-5, which is quit nice buff when you are starting the game. Couple of them are useful in to the late game.

There is wide variety of items as a tournament rewards, not just helmets. And they all range between tier 4-5, which is quit nice buff when you are starting the game. Couple of them are useful in to the late game.

I'm definitely not experiencing this. Reinstalled last night, became arena "champion" this afternoon. Almost nothing but helmets and leather armour. The best helmet I've won is a kettle helmet from the Vlandians, and it's fairly mediocre. Also one lot of wolf shoulders and one lot of Imperial shoulders. I've never installed a mod for this game.

I'm definitely not experiencing this. Reinstalled last night, became arena "champion" this afternoon. Almost nothing but helmets and leather armour. The best helmet I've won is a kettle helmet from the Vlandians, and it's fairly mediocre. Also one lot of wolf shoulders and one lot of Imperial shoulders. I've never installed a mod for this game.

Lances, spears, swords, axes, throwing weapons, boots, mittens ...the only thing I did not see in the tournaments are shields, bows and crossbows. Aslo rewards tend to differ from patch to patch, devs seems to be expanding them.

Lances, spears, swords, axes, throwing weapons, boots, mittens ...the only thing I did not see in the tournaments are shields, bows and crossbows. Aslo rewards tend to differ from patch to patch, devs seems to be expanding them.

Of the two of us, one is an anomaly. Yours sounds like the more intended way so basing it off that then it's likely me, in which case I have no idea what to do about it- as I said earlier, a fresh install and when I uninstall games I manually delete all left over files afterwards. Would be useful for me to have a third set of eyes on this, I think!

My last playthrough was 1.3 and tournament rewards was very mediocre, as OP stated. 27 helmet at most, 20 boots, ~20 gloves, ~22 chest armor, 14 shoulders, strange mounts (even camel), some useless weapons. Nice gear to get started, but nothing really good or expensive. And yes, helmets was 2/3 of all rewards.

e1.4.0. Always current and as up to date as possible.

I am on 1.4.1 and that might have added few new things over 1.4.0, but even in 1.3.0 you could win:

Vlandia: several helmets, one armor, at last one sword, axe, horse, lance
Imperium: several helmets, 3 different armors, mittens, lance, axe, 2 swords, 1 shoulders
Sturgia: spear, 3 different armors, 2 horses, 2 swords, 2 axes, 1 shoulders, several helmets
Batania: 1 helmet, axe, 2 swords, horse, 3 different shoulders, boots, throwing axes, 2 armors
Asseray: several helmets, 2 horses, camel, 1 armor, spear, axe, sabre, 2H axe, 2 maces, throwing axes
Khuzaits: several helmets, shoulders, horse, probably couple of other things but I did not play too many tournaments there

And those are just things that I have encountered and that I remember. 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 added more things: Armor, helmet, sword, axe, lance, boots, throwing axes to Sturgia. Couple animal pelts and animal heads, mittens and 2H axe to Battania. Boots, lance, spear, horse to Imperium, boots to Vlandia ...again, just from those I have noticed.

I am on 1.4.1 and that might have added few new things over 1.4.0, but even in 1.3.0 you could win:

Vlandia: several helmets, one armor, at last one sword, axe, horse, lance
Imperium: several helmets, 3 different armors, mittens, lance, axe, 2 swords, 1 shoulders
Sturgia: spear, 3 different armors, 2 horses, 2 swords, 2 axes, 1 shoulders, several helmets
Batania: 1 helmet, axe, 2 swords, horse, 3 different shoulders, boots, throwing axes, 2 armors
Asseray: several helmets, 2 horses, camel, 1 armor, spear, axe, sabre, 2H axe, 2 maces, throwing axes
Khuzaits: several helmets, shoulders, horse, probably couple of other things but I did not play too many tournaments there

And those are just things that I have encountered and that I remember. 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 added more things: Armor, helmet, sword, axe, lance, boots, throwing axes to Sturgia. Couple animal pelts and animal heads, mittens and 2H axe to Battania. Boots, lance, spear, horse to Imperium, boots to Vlandia ...again, just from those I have noticed.

My game updated during the night to the same build that you're on (couldn't manually opt-in for some reason, needed a code?), and I've started a fresh character to get going. Same deal, helmets and horses.

My game updated during the night to the same build that you're on (couldn't manually opt-in for some reason, needed a code?), and I've started a fresh character to get going. Same deal, helmets and horses.

I have no idea where the problem might be. I am not using any mods, btw.

Tourney rewards stink. But what annoys me even more is how low the betting odds are and how they decline globally over time. the odds start too low already with the highest being 400 on a 100d bet in the first round. The best you can win early on is about 1000 denars plus whatever the selling value of the prize, which is usually under 1000d. And then as the game goes on, the odds keep getting worse so that after a few months, you're lucky to make 130 on a 100d bet in the first round. You can bet max in all rounds and win maybe 300d total. Add in the crappy prize and it makes tournaments not worth the bother after the first few weeks.

In 1.4.0 the only tournament rewards that I received were items that would be valuable to a level one player. It was mostly tier 2 armor. I was level 26 and my clan tier was 6. The rewards don't seem to scale with a player's level. It's all crap now.

The betting has been a joke since it was change back in... 1.0.3 or 1.0.4. You can bet max in all four rounds and win a whopping 60 denars. That paltry amount is not even worth clicking the buttons for.

Tournaments are sometimes fun but there is no reward for winning currently.

It was mostly tier 2 armor.

Which one was tier 2? All tournament rewards are tier 4 with couple of tier 5 thrown in.

Examples:
Imperial Auxiliary Armor With Straps -t4
Highland Scale Mail -t4
Highland Scale Armor -t4
Leather Armor with Iron Plates -t4
Northern Bronze Scale West -t4

Tournaments help with early gear. There is also small renown gain, but yes, for established characters tournaments mostly useless.

In 1.4.0 the only tournament rewards that I received were items that would be valuable to a level one player. It was mostly tier 2 armor. I was level 26 and my clan tier was 6. The rewards don't seem to scale with a player's level. It's all crap now.

The betting has been a joke since it was change back in... 1.0.3 or 1.0.4. You can bet max in all four rounds and win a whopping 60 denars. That paltry amount is not even worth clicking the buttons for.

Tournaments are sometimes fun but there is no reward for winning currently.
+1000000

Been with 4 different mains, 2 warrior ones, 2 non-warrior ones...always realistic difficulty. More than 100 tournaments done.

Reward: Have only been getting mediocre ones, with helmets being the most common. But hey, at least you can still sell it.

Betting: Yes, it's a joke. Why is this not getting fixed? This has been an issue with Warband as well, and ANY better mod changed it. It's been 10 years, and you still stick to Warband native philosophy?

Considering that most warrior mains are NOT traders, and traders easily make 5-10k per town visit, I REALLY don't see the problem with improving tournament rewards, which take more time, have a risk of actually NOT winning (only 1st place gets a reward? -_-), and if you bet full-on you even risk losing 1k.

And hey...NO monetary reward at ALL, if you don't bet? You're kidding right...because even Warband was better than that.

And don't get me started on spears 1vs1...2 full-plate dudes with spears+shields, chipping at each other for 5-10pierce and every 2-3 attack is blocked (and spears won't destroy shields)...those are the most unfun Mount&Blade combats I've experienced in a decade.

Version: e1.4.2 05/06/20
Installed community-made modifications: none
Computer Specs
: Acer Predator Helios 300

+1000000

Gear problem very nicely solved by mod called "Tournament Fair Armour". Why this is not part of main game is beyond me.

Rewards are Ok for occasional side activity. Piece of useful gear here and there, some crap to sell, but main thing is early renown gain.

Back
Top Bottom