Am I missing something? (with regards to obtaining vassels)

Users who are viewing this thread

The release of the game was the only time i ran my own kingdom. at the time, there were so many updates that required me to restart a game I've decided to just play a vassal til 1.4.1

my concern is how difficult it is to get a vassal. event if i get all the charm point on him him, he'll request over millions of gold to change over. Am i doing something wrong? ive raised relations with hopes of them joining with no success. can anyone give me any pointers?

Nope it's broken. I'd avoid playing your own kingdom until they fix this issue unless you're into the type of play of systematically owning and defending every fief you acquire (blehgh)

You should look which clan doesnt own a town or castle, if you succeed at convincing their leader, they dont want any money. playing 1.4.0

I honestly don't think this is broken. In war time they bring their feifs so you're essentially buying those in oracle time they are giving up their feif and should be compensated. If you want someone cheaper find someone with no feif.

I honestly don't think this is broken. In war time they bring their feifs so you're essentially buying those in oracle time they are giving up their feif and should be compensated. If you want someone cheaper find someone with no feif.
i see, i didnt know it took into account the the fiefs they bring in. i must have been lucky bringing people on my first kingdom play through of acquiring nobles who were fiefless. thanks for the tip

Getting vassals without feifs, and then granting them feifs soon after getting them, has been successful for me.

I got the Legion of the Betrayed to become my vassal for 3k Denars, gave them a castle and they've stuck with me as become an important part of my kingdom.

Getting vassals without feifs, and then granting them feifs soon after getting them, has been successful for me.

I got the Legion of the Betrayed to become my vassal for 3k Denars, gave them a castle and they've stuck with me as become an important part of my kingdom.
doesnt recruiting mercenaries as vassels still leave to another kingdom?

The release of the game was the only time i ran my own kingdom. at the time, there were so many updates that required me to restart a game I've decided to just play a vassal til 1.4.1

my concern is how difficult it is to get a vassal. event if i get all the charm point on him him, he'll request over millions of gold to change over. Am i doing something wrong? ive raised relations with hopes of them joining with no success. can anyone give me any pointers?
Recruit lords from factions that are getting beat down, they're more keen to defect when they're poor and feifless.

Wondering if this has changed with any of the updates. Lords that left my kingdom would be ones I've brought in without any fiefs. They left just the same as the ones that came in with fiefs.

Wondering if this has changed with any of the updates. Lords that left my kingdom would be ones I've brought in without any fiefs. They left just the same as the ones that came in with fiefs.

Getting them feifs needs to be a priority for you.

Don't recruit lords unless you are going to have the opportunity to get them a feif pretty quickly

at the time you need to make the mainquest for become a king vasals were loyal.

since you can create kingdom by pushing a button vasals are illoyal.

you can have good relation you can be family member you can give them fiefs.

NPC wont care.
they leave you in every situation.
while besieging enemy or beeing in army or peacetime.

i couldnt find any reason why.
someone wrote in my vasal thread that he saw a relation between friendsship.
i will test it tonight.

i can give you an good advice.
first make save before you try convince someone.
second make save after that and from now every 10 minutes.

todays patch will do 3 autosaves that makes it easier.

ill start 1.42 tonight maybe they fixed something.
my experience based on last 12 weeks.

In the early stage of your kingdom, I've found that I must use cheatcode to keep vassals.

Basically, a vassal will leave if your kingdom is weak and they have no castle/city. So, I use cheat to conquer a nearby castle as soon as I get a new vassal and give it to him/her.

Once your kingdom is no longer small, unlanded vassals will hang around for a lot longer, I've found.

Getting them feifs needs to be a priority for you.

Don't recruit lords unless you are going to have the opportunity to get them a feif pretty quickly

A) convince lord join kingdom
B) give lord fief(s)
C) lord leaves kingdom

Happens to me like clockwork. That's actually what I'm trying to find out if they adjusted/fixed. I have no interest in recapturing the same set of fiefs over and over because the lords keep leaving my kingdom.

Clans with several fiefs usually wants big amounts to join your kingdom. Its normal what real problem is :

Convinced lords can leave you if your kingdom is not powerfull enough or if you do not have good relations with them. We will deal with this problem to make defections harder. In next days this will be fixed.

Currently you need to convince lords which have no fiefs and you need to conquer and give them a new fief asap to avoid them to defect.

Edit : Defections will be harder means not more expensive but after you convince them they will not leave you easily.

Last edited:
Clans with several fiefs usually wants big amounts to join your kingdom. Its normal what real problem is :

Convinced lords can leave you if your kingdom is not powerfull enough or if you do not have good relations with them. We will deal with this problem to make defections harder. In next days this will be fixed.

Currently you need to convince lords which have no fiefs and you need to conquer and give them a new fief asap to avoid them to defect.
thanks a lot for this answer.
now we have a clear vision.
and thanks for the wish to fix it.
you can make it hard to convince or really expensive.
but bear in mind that npc kingdoms also not easily catch new vasals.
pls no cheats for npc ?

Edit : Defections will be harder means not more expensive but after you convince them they will not leave you easily.

There really needs to be an option to give your existing fief to a new lord. I know there is an option to give other lords' fiefs but not your own.

And newly defected lords need to have a grace period of at least 20 days during which he won't defect at all. I've seen unlanded lords change their side more than few times in minutes.

Last edited:
Nope it's broken. I'd avoid playing your own kingdom until they fix this issue unless you're into the type of play of systematically owning and defending every fief you acquire (blehgh)
Or just cheat. Get character exporter or dev console and give yourself as much money as these silly lords require.

Back
Top Bottom