Users who are viewing this thread

I've taken a quick look at lord equipment.

I can sometimes get the equipment set to work, and get the result I want. For example, here's a Dwarf lord with the desired outcome:
Zw2QgYg.jpg

But on other occasions it will default back to Empire lord equipment for the Dwarf lords. I have yet to work our how the programming makes the selection between equipment pools.

And for a bit of fun, here's High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer resting at home:

UPS74kt.jpg

G1IeyYS.jpg

And here's a dodgy looking Mannfred von Carstein,an Empire lord. There's something not quite right about it him, you can't quite put your finger on it...

VpfAFEb.jpg

The game is still only in early access, but what progress already! It’s interesting what will happen when the developers release full editor-tools.☺️. I hope that the multiplayer version of this mod will also be

I've taken a quick look at lord equipment.

I can sometimes get the equipment set to work, and get the result I want. For example, here's a Dwarf lord with the desired outcome:
Zw2QgYg.jpg

But on other occasions it will default back to Empire lord equipment for the Dwarf lords. I have yet to work our how the programming makes the selection between equipment pools.

And for a bit of fun, here's High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer resting at home:

UPS74kt.jpg

G1IeyYS.jpg

And here's a dodgy looking Mannfred von Carstein,an Empire lord. There's something not quite right about it him, you can't quite put your finger on it...

VpfAFEb.jpg
Which file are you modifying? Usually if i want one set i erase the others to force one set of clothing.

okey im sold on the idea, i loved the old warsword conquest mod fer warband tha was a fairly developed warhammer mod, i dont know lots o modding coding etc, but i can offer ye lore and concepts fer the dwarfs so they will be true to their lore, and then i mean the older dwarves fer warhammer, i own nearly 400 tabletop figures o dwarves and have painted alot o em and still painting em continuely, im not one o the best one out there fer painting but im atleast fairly good, would love to post pictures as a form o concept art so ye get a better insight in the dwarven culture and their armours, weapons, beards etc, might this be any kind o help for ya?
i know its mostly lore and cosmetical help i can give but i rather do wha ever i can to help when im not experienced in modding. i own several army edition books fer the dwarves and can fer sure qoute alot from it if ye want too.

okey im sold on the idea, i loved the old warsword conquest mod fer warband tha was a fairly developed warhammer mod, i dont know lots o modding coding etc, but i can offer ye lore and concepts fer the dwarfs so they will be true to their lore, and then i mean the older dwarves fer warhammer, i own nearly 400 tabletop figures o dwarves and have painted alot o em and still painting em continuely, im not one o the best one out there fer painting but im atleast fairly good, would love to post pictures as a form o concept art so ye get a better insight in the dwarven culture and their armours, weapons, beards etc, might this be any kind o help for ya?
i know its mostly lore and cosmetical help i can give but i rather do wha ever i can to help when im not experienced in modding. i own several army edition books fer the dwarves and can fer sure qoute alot from it if ye want too.
Thanks for your enthusiasm SirStart.
Here's what I think: wait for the official scene editor to come out. Then go NUTS with the editor for a specific Dwarf location. Really own the location and make it as lore detailed as possible with the resources available. Be aware that you need to be fully on top of path mapping and spawn locations, or bad things happen for sieges.
It's how I got started with the Warsword Conquest scenes back in 2015. I fully committed to making Skavenblight, and then grew from there after learning lots of tricks:
mb16.1.jpg

mb33.jpg

mb23.jpg

mb50.jpg

khemri_update.jpg

Lasheik.jpg

Tor-Elyr_scene_edit.jpg

Nuln.jpg

OldOnes.jpg

Which file are you modifying? Usually if i want one set i erase the others to force one set of clothing.
I think I've worked it out. All the new Dwarf lords introduced into the game are guaranteed to have the new armour set I've added. The Dwarf lords that have been converted from native Western Empire have a chance of being equipped with standard Empire armour. I'm okay with that for now, I'll fix it up later on. It was just bothering me trying to work out why it was happening!

The Wood Elves main troop tree has been given some much needed attention.

The Glade of troops line are now armed with bows (Glade Warrior, Glade Guard, Glade Champion). I've also added in two deadly troop types: the elite Shadowstalker and the Waystalker. They have a really high bow skill. Wood Elves are now back on top in the ranged combat department.

Cosmetically, there's now a lot more flesh being bared by the elves, plus the armoured helmets have been reduced or removed.

ODnEfaN.jpg

jZ0v4DJ.jpg

ZUYofXw.jpg

babv3kq.jpg

The Wardancer is looking pretty cool:
fNGt3Kq.jpg

Looking cool!
I just discovered: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1547 do you use it? It seems to be convenient for editing squads
Thanks Apolon.
That mod looks great, but seems like it's designed for singleplayer saved games. However, it does seem to reveal some of the inner workings. I will take a look and see if it's useful. My current method has been painful, but at least has revealed to me some of the eccentricities of the Bannerlord system ("change name, face and skills of troop= that's okay. Change equipment set of troop = nope, not going to budge"). Hammerlord has to work out of the box for a fresh new campaign, not a modified save game.

e1.4.1 stable brought some major changes that have impacted Hammerlord. I thought the situation could be dire, but after updating the Settlements and Kingdoms files, the game is back up and running. Phew! I thouyght it would be worse. There are a load of new characters added to the game. Most fit in nicely, but there's a few that need to be fixed up to match their culture. A few changes and the next version of Hammerlord will be up and running this weekend.

Thanks for the hot tip Apolon. I really appreciate it.

Fortunately, I've actually done a lot of heavy lifting with character editing the manual way. But I can see this would be super helpful for someone starting from scratch.

Hammerlord 0.3 update:

I cleaned up a number of files in Hammerlord for e1.4.1 stable, including settlements, lords and heroes. A lot of new characters and locations were added in the latest update. Hammerlord now works again (phew!)

New crash issue:

A new problem has emerged, however. The game crashes when the player talks to a lord from one of the new 5 cultures added to the game (Tilea, Kislev, Skaven, Goblin, Dwarf).

Specifically, it's when the NPC lords introduce themselves to the player. I can speak to villagers and lords from existing cultures without any issue.

Potential solution:

I think I've identified the problem. The new cultures are missing a tag of some type to let the NPC lord know how they are meant to introduce themself to the player.

There's code for existing culture lords in comment_strings.xml that appears to be crucial. But I don't know how to 'tag' lords from new cultures so that they use the correct response for the player.

I've asked the wise Gauner for advice, I'm hoping he may have a solution.

Hammerlord 0.3 major update for Bannerlord e1.4.1 stable available
A major update that updates settlements, lords and troops.

Download mod on Nexus:
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1288

The Kislev main troop tree has been re-worked.
It includes three main lines: Ungol, Kossar and Gospodar. Of note is the new Streltsi, a unit that wields a hand cannon and a polearm:

Rzu51tT.jpg

The Norscan troop tress have been changed.
Archers have been removed. A small Nurgling is now available before the larger Nurgle spawn. Notably, the Undivided Chaos Knight has been added to the game:
sLvhmhX.jpg

OfIDvDw.jpg

GQO5Y1r.jpg

5OoTgSG.jpg

The Black Orc and Skaven Storm Vermin make use of the new plate armour:

a5BsneB.jpg

pSIHW1V.jpg

Orc Big 'Un armour has been improved, plus other cosmetic changes for Orcs:

EJqjulv.jpg

0pfH1i4.jpg

New Dwarf weapons
The Dwarf Trollhammer sits alongside the Dwarf Irondrake in the Dwarf troop tree. Plus new hammers for the Dwarfs.

YjHILYx.jpg

Framuym.jpg

Wood Elf troop tree improvements
Wood Elves now have many more archer units in their core troop tree. Also, cosmetic changes have been made.

ODnEfaN.jpg

fNGt3Kq.jpg

babv3kq.jpg

I hope the mod works for you, enjoy.

Special thanks to these contributors

- Thank you Gauneer for the work you have done creating new cultures for this mod, as well as the advice you have provided. Extremely valuable. Check out some of his work: Bannerlord Reimagined and Bannerlord Kingdom Creator.

- The excellent work done by Nicholas Wetta with Goblin Empire and Dwarf Empire mods. This world would not feel right without the green skin colour! Nicholas also discovered the Hideous Monster armour inside the game. Check out his latest work.

- The handguns and flame weapons inside the game are made possible by BestMods168 thanks to his Hand Cannon Mod and Iron Drake mod. Check out BestMods168 YouTube channel for lots of great modding clips: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0webi_akI8FmaEsvjmaeGw

- Dad's 2Handed Maces and Poleaxes mod provided some much needed weapons that fit the lore of the game.

Credit to the talented banner authors on the Bannerlord Banners subreddit:

- Dimasassus for his many wonderful banners, including Skaven, Greenskin, Kislev and Dwarf Kingdom banners. Also for his banner guidance on Reddit.
- ChryoEhh for his Empire skull banner
- TheDarkKnight1111 for his Brettonian King Banner
- Definitive_Dude for his Empire banners
- Plutarch_von_Komet for his Tilea banner
- Cgwiz for his Empire and Dwarf hold banners

Other resources:

- Gitzman's Super Huge Detailed Warhammer map, assisting with location details
- Warhammer Fantasy Fandom Wiki - character, faction and background details
- Various Taleworld and Nexus mods, guides and FAQs available to the community. In particular the Kingdom Template mod by phakscion.
- Warsword Conquest (Mount&Blade) for spiritual inspiration.

Last edited:
My skill is not really from game-industry. Been working 3D-design and 3D-visualization for too many years :smile:
I prefer using Lightwave 3D but can ofc use Maya too.
Did work freelance (about a year) for a gamecompany in sweden 2003. Making 3D humanoids. Their game never hit the market thou. :sad:

I know 3D-modelling, rigging and importance of UV. Ofc I can texture too (in Photoshop or Substance Painter).

*edit Made and sold 3D-clothes/textures for the software Poser between 2000-2008

You do not have any skill in 3D, you say, I have.
I have no skill in programming C#, some in easy scripting thou.

You can make any 3D-model, from nearly any 3D-software to work in Bannerlord as long as it's .obj or better .fbx compatible.
New models (non-stationary) crave a knowledge about how to read and setup (skeleton, joints and so on, then read the movement)
Ofc, you could instead "morph" any existing 3D-model in game, keep the vertex-count and just move them (UV would **** up).
Today, I have not seen any new 3d-figures in game, just some edited ones.

I still want to help on this mod, no payment, I buy that. Just because Warhammer is one of 2-3 games from table top games that still "warms me" :wink:

I still want to help on this mod, no payment, I buy that. Just because Warhammer is one of 2-3 games from table top games that still "warms me" :wink:

Let's do it Mattias!

Based on the positive impact of Hideous Armour and Hallow Plate armour, I think armour is the best way to start. In particular, an 'Orc Helmet' to start with that can populate an entire race as a face, as well as skull-based shoulder pauldrons. At the moment the goofy green Orc race is getting a lot of negative Shrek comments.

The classic Warhammer orc face has a small forehead, wide chin, and the essential mega tooth that sticks out 6 inches:
lUYKKkf.jpg

We can also collaborate and work with Calradia Awakens mod. They can assist with getting 3D models into the game better than me, and both our fantasy mods can make full use of your work.

Your work can also be shared as a standalone module, for everyone to use.

Some battle pics using Hammerlord 0.3
GtMGzEa.jpg

hEBOXji.jpg

A showdown between a Big Boss and a Giant Slayer
IVTplTI.jpg

The Slayer won
Zcfy8Ou.jpg

Dwarf shooting line
4plNvhh.jpg

hASqdjF.jpg

Go in swinging
alvncqe.jpg