Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

I feel like there's a certain reasonable expectation that players who opt in to the beta branch will come here to get the patch notes for beta hotfixes. If you want to be on the leading edge of development, this is the place to be.
Why is copypasta of patch notes into another thread on the distribution platform in use such a great demand?

I'm not going to even start on the whole "ignoring steam forum" thing, but I don't think expecting basic communication regarding any change to the game version (whether main or experimental branch) is such an extraordinary request.

Hey everyone, we just shared another hotfix for the beta branch. It includes the following
  • Fixed the campaign map defender siege engine positions for the level 2 version of Medeni castle. This should resolve crashing for cases where the player initiates a siege against a level 2 version of the castle.
  • Fixed an issue that caused corrupted save files to crash the game on load screen.
  • Fixed an issue with the final perk of the 1-handed and 2-handed skills.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the diplomacy system to have multiple relations between kingdom pairs. This should alleviate some problems with short war and truce periods.
  • On average about 30% of towns and 50% of castles were experiencing issues with starvation. To improve this situation, settlements with less food now offer higher prices so caravans distribute food better. Village food production was also increased from 4/8/12 to 5/10/15 and consumption of beer in settlements now gives a bonus to food stores. Furthermore, garrisons grow to a lesser degree if a settlement has fewer or smaller villages. With these changes starvation was reduced to 10% of towns and 20% of castles - which mostly occurs in cases of hostile actions like raids and sieges.
  • Influence awards of some policies were adjusted to reduce influence inflation across kingdoms.
  • Effects of daily default projects for settlements were reduced.
  • Several minor fixes for AI war and peace declarations.
oik my 2 cents, to make it super easy to see what updates are done why not make a separate thread and a single post for each patch so it is super easy to find these. sometimes it can be hard to find because also steam show update button give it directly, I think that is a really easy and simple thing that could be done
thank you

I can see the need to "nerf" Sacred majesty. That policy was one of reasons why nation leaders were able to overcome elections and take all lands by him/herself.

I think the nerf has gone too far though.

From what I can tell that issue isn't necessarily a bug, but may just be the starting set up of factions not really supporting that particular war in the current model. We are gonna have more of a look at the early period, though from what I have seen today this particular matter isn't a huge issue. The western empire did fine in a number of runs today, for instance.

Ok, if you put it that way it's more of a balancing concern that needs deeper analysis.
Regardless it still gives an advantage to SE and Aserai over the other neighbouring kingdoms, the question then is do they really need it ?
I guess it depends on what you pursue in the design of each factions, if you want a balanced stalemate or if you want pertubating event like this one to make factions more alive.

So maybe WE really wasn't lucky in my test, and it could be interesting if for example Aserai declared war on Kuzait, but I didn't see anything else than WE having a hard time yet.

Ok, if you put it that way it's more of a balancing concern that needs deeper analysis.
Regardless it still gives an advantage to SE and Aserai over the other neighbouring kingdoms, the question then is do they really need it ?
I guess it depends on what you pursue in the design of each factions, if you want a balanced stalemate or if you want pertubating event like this one to make factions more alive.

So maybe WE really wasn't lucky in my test, and it could be interesting if for example Aserai declared war on Kuzait, but I didn't see anything else than WE having a hard time yet.

I have not had chance to test the new patch but WE got wrecked in three 100-days runs I did yesterday. They went at war with Northen Empire pretty soon and It was too much for the WE. Fighting two factions at the begin when huge armies with veteran troops are created, Plus towns have worse defences, and WE has a hard to defence position in the map, is simply too much to manage.

Maybe the WE had also bad luck in my runs but thinking about it, I have the feeling that WE getting wrecked in first days is probably the most common possibility in new campaigns.

Anyway, kingdoms getting destroyed in the first 1-2 years should be something really, really, really rare but currently It is not the case and It is common to see WE getting killed pretty fast. This is more than enough to ruin a campaign for someone who maybe could think join as vassal for this faction in early/mid-game.

Community Patch is still broken with the recent hotfixes. I almost feel like there is no point playing without all the perks the CP fixes. Literally feels like a shell of a game without it.
if you go into their page on github one of the modders have made a temp fix for community patch until the leadership have time again, i cant remember the adress but you can find it under their mod on nexus.

did we just get another hotfix just now or is my steam weird again? it said i had a 403mb update for bannerlord, and after the update the 28th i was hoping for a break from hotfixes, but i cant find anything about an update from today, and my steam is weird sometimes.

It would be kinda cool if there weren't really any wars for the first year or so apart from between the empires maybe. And if in general a declaration of war was like a big event.

Maybe rather than having concurrent wars all the time it might be a bit more common for factions to pick sides in a war, resulting in 2 v 2's or 2 vs 1 sometimes. Not all the time of course but just as something that might happen!

I guess this could be achieved by alliances, but also an option to 'join war against' as a barter option which the AI and maybe mercenaries could use as well.

did we just get another hotfix just now or is my steam weird again? it said i had a 403mb update for bannerlord, and after the update the 28th i was hoping for a break from hotfixes, but i cant find anything about an update from today, and my steam is weird sometimes.
I had this update as well.

OK just checked latest hotfix my army of 215 which i have had for ages is now only 195.
Yep, my army size also went down by 50, meaning I have too many troops (T5+) who are abandoning party now... This was without Community Patch since it has not been working, party size dropped from 362 to 312.

New Community Patch dropped but with the comment that they also cannot fix party size currently.

Yep, my army size also went down by 50, meaning I have too many troops (T5+) who are abandoning party now... This was without Community Patch since it has not been working, party size dropped from 362 to 312.

New Community Patch dropped but with the comment that they also cannot fix party size currently.
I have no mods so this is in game. Will stop playing for a time as my army is really strong.

Thank you dev's and team for your continuous hardwork.
Despite many people complaining, many of us are enjoying the game without mods and notices improvement made.

Please continue to with your work

OK just checked latest hotfix my army of 215 which i have had for ages is now only 195.
Perhaps you guys are aware, but the policy Noble Retinues went from +50 party capacity to +30 and the policy Royal Guards went from +80 to +50. That's where the difference is coming from. The only thing you can really do is drop 20-50 of your worst troops before desertion begins to happen. That, or you can wait and hope that a mod reverses the changes.

Perhaps you guys are aware, but the policy Noble Retinues went from +50 party capacity to +30 and the policy Royal Guards went from +80 to +50. That's where the difference is coming from. The only thing you can really do is drop 20-50 of your worst troops before desertion begins to happen. That, or you can wait and hope that a mod reverses the changes.
Thanks for that will have to head to a garrison and drop some troops off. Not sure why they have done this though there should be other problems to sort out first.

I just use the weird bug that has my party limit up to 569 now :smile:. Works on 1.4.1 and 1.40 release on my laptop I keep trying to nail down what causes it to get a save game before and after, has something to do with being in battle and then reloading. Each reload party size will go up like another 20. Even works if you exit to main menu, however if you exit the game it completely resets so if you have 200 too many troops poof they'll leave fast. It must reside in memory because otherwise the party limit would come back from the save game.

Back
Top Bottom