MP Remove the block delay you've added back

Users who are viewing this thread

I just want to remind anyone that may actually be looking every comment here represents 10 at least more like minded individuals not bothering to say it. I can honestly say that I myself right now speaking out am representing that in this very moment. I've spoken to many regular players and everybody, every single one, agrees that this is terrible.

I just want to remind anyone that may actually be looking every comment here represents 10 at least more like minded individuals not bothering to say it. I can honestly say that I myself right now speaking out am representing that in this very moment. I've spoken to many regular players and everybody, every single one, agrees that this is terrible.
we initially had 2 threads aswell this is a merged one

Glad I found this thread, I've been really frustrated over the past few weeks playing multiplayer. Some bad ****s been going on in my personal life and suddenly I became much worse at bannerlord, I thought it was stress or anxiety effecting my game!

I recorded some of the TDMs I played back before the delay was added. I was having a blast, I have a clip where i block five players trying to gang bang me. Completely impossible now.

I've been playing warband for over 10 years and was so stoked for bannerlord. I was actually excited about the block delay, it sounds great in theory! But practically means that the game has suddenly become frustrating, disappointing and unenjoyable. I just can't land blocks that 10 years of muscle memory tell me that I should do.

And if that's the direction taleworlds wants to go in the I guess this is where I get off. I always thought it would be all the toxic racism you see online that would make me finally uninstall the game, never thought it would be disappointing game mechanics.

Anyway that's my two sense. Be well my dudes.

I totally understand your frustration about this subject. When you prepare a right-swing attack it actually take more time to travel your sword to the left block. As far as I know, this is simply a more realistic mechanic. This is exactly what they intended the game to be, More Realistic.

Yes, it is different from Warband. But this is not Warband.

In my opinion it takes some time to adjust to but it doesnt mean it leaves you without posibilities.

So even though I understand your point of view, I love this new system and am quite sure it will NOT be changed because it is more realistic.

I totally understand your frustration about this subject. When you prepare a right-swing attack it actually take more time to travel your sword to the left block. As far as I know, this is simply a more realistic mechanic. This is exactly what they intended the game to be, More Realistic.

In my opinion it takes some time to adjust to but it doesnt mean it leaves you without posibilities.

So even though I understand your point of view, I love this new system and am quite sure it will NOT be changed because it is more realistic.
Mount and blade is an arcade game, not based on realism. It should stay that way so it doesn’t stray the path of being fun. You don’t make any convincing arguments for blocking being worse is better for realism

Yes I agree in principle it makes sense and like I say I was excited for the change. Unfortunately in practice, for me at least, it has just made my gaming less enjoyable. Unexpected but it is what it is.

Like you say it's personal opinion, I'm not saying what they are doing is wrong just my experience. At the end of the day people who enjoy it will keep playing and those who don't won't, same as any other game. I guess it feels personally disappointing for me because I've enjoyed the mount and blade multiplayer journey for a long time, but all good things come to an end. Glad you're enjoying it though, may you drink from your enemies' skulls!

To avoid confusion "block delay" is always there (it was in warband and it is in Bannerlord), but in Bannerlord the weight of a weapon makes your block be slower and the blending between the animation also has an affect. We are working on ways to make this better right now, but I can't share any details yet.
source.gif

source.gif

source.gif

This is a burning issue within the MP community. Let`s make this thread a place to communicate about it and help the devs hear our worries about it more easily.

Added to "MP Top Suggestions&Feedback"

Why would I want to fight the cav spam, range spam, s key spammers and often my own teammates just to have the game say "Yes technically you're fast enough but I dont want you to be so screw you." I'll just play archer with pinpoint accuracy for 3 times the damage an infantry would do...

Why would I want to fight the cav spam, range spam, s key spammers and often my own teammates just to have the game say "Yes technically you're fast enough but I dont want you to be so screw you." I'll just play archer with pinpoint accuracy for 3 times the damage an infantry would do...
This. An average one-handed sword hit is between 10/20 dmg while an arrow is between 25/40 and 60+ if you can shoot properly. An average cav hit is between 30 and 115 if you don't couch and basically an instakill if you only couch (and it's viable atm). Melee is supposed to be one of the most important element in this game, but atm players are punished for playing melee. You are punished for playing defensively, even if you are not turtling (50 meters kick with a short cooldown and block delay making defensive style super risky and super useless). Everything in this game seems to be anti-melee because melee is simply not viable in a defensive way. The block delay and kick abuse do not promote an "interesting gameplay"

Would be cool if the combat dev could take 5 minutes to tell us what they are working on.

They still haven't fixed the janky shield-less blocking system. Blocking is only active as you hold down your block, there is no *decimal* amount of time where a block is passive after you have let go of your block. This means that you usually cannot react to an attack as it is taking place, which was common in higher level combat in warband. Having a passive block (say .25 seconds) after your block is no longer active would make combat much more reactive rather than predictive. Either this, or make blocks faster with less cooldown while switching between them, blocking is WAAAY too slow.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one thinks this :smile:

They still haven't fixed the janky shield-less blocking system. Blocking is only active as you hold down your block, there is no *decimal* amount of time where a block is passive after you have let go of your block. This means that you usually cannot react to an attack as it is taking place, which was common in higher level combat in warband. Having a passive block (say .25 seconds) after your block is no longer active would make combat much more reactive rather than predictive. Either this, or make blocks faster with less cooldown while switching between them, blocking is WAAAY too slow.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one thinks this :smile:

Also, Please reduce the damage of Polearms (HINT HINT MENAVLION)

As far as I am aware, Bannerlord is supposed to be a skill-based game, if there are mechanics that have no real counter other than counting on your luck and throwing in a random hit while the enemy is rapidly feinting, it creates a gap in your ability to influence the fight. No skill-based game should have a mechanic you can’t react to in time.

Shield blocking is comparatively instant making them even more necessary.

Also: holding shield when fighting is also too strong in my opinion, as there's no offensive tools to deal with that unless you manage to kick them and have a teammate nearby. You can also feint or spin, but those aren't really offensive and are just there to bait the opponent picking the brick up off their block button.

Half of the games I play archer some infantry pushes me and I'm wailing on his shield for the next minute and a half while the actual match is resolved in a 5v5 elsewhere.

I mean if the goal is realism can we just stop pretending and just give everyone a spear and once in a while a sword :grin:

If the goal is realism delete the game and start over, it's based in a fantasy world which is very unrealistic!

It's funny how people only bring up the realism argument for stuff they personally dislike while ignoring other egregious affronts to realism. Which is usually based on either: A) being s*** at melee so they want to remake melee and have the potential to not be s*** SPOILER: they'll still suck. Or B) because there's women leaders in SP.

On that note spinning is very unrealistic plsfix

The amount of block delay depends on the current position of your weapon. If you are attacking with a left-swing it will obviously take longer to block a right hit. However, if you are in neutral position it will still be relatively fast. That being said, it is not entirely true that all the ''skill'' is taken away. If you want to be sure to block a hit, you shouldn't be so aggro. Another way of saying it is that being overly aggressive (by feint spamming a lot) will be punished by this block-delay system.

Back
Top Bottom