[W6C] Warband 6-aSide Cup Sign-Up Thread [Groups Announced]

Users who are viewing this thread

Tournaments no longer generally get boards within the main forum structure (still waiting to hear back from Callum for any possible exceptions). The idea which I thought I made clear with Apollo is that Tournaments should create a Group here on the forums for their tournament. You get your own discussion board along with that.

And in case it got missed, Group admins and moderators do now have moderation capabilities in their group's discussion board.
so taleworlds has so little appreciation for it's competitive scene it's gonna start hiding warband tournaments in groups now? The tournaments-subboard exists anyway, why not use it like it has been used all these years?

so taleworlds has so little appreciation for it's competitive scene it's gonna start hiding warband tournaments in groups now? The tournaments-subboard exists anyway, why not use it like it has been used all these years?

It’s promotes interesting gameplay :party:

I have no idea why you'd think they're 'hiding groups', they're public...

The plan with the new forums is to use groups to make it easier for people to find tournaments. It's much quicker clicking on groups than going through different boards in an attempt to find the relevant board for both sign-ups and the actual tournament board.

The groups feature only came about with the new forum, so it couldn't be used beforehand, the reason it's been used now is because you can actually do moderator stuff in the group, that feature wasn't available when the new forums first came about.

More people would be looking at the groups section for clans, event groups etc. Why not also check out the tournament groups? They're more likely to do that in the groups than pay any attention to the boards set out in multiplayer. We all know how many SP and other module people have no idea that warband had competitive, the groups is the best chance of getting others to join. It may be a slight inconvenience for people who already know where to look, but for those who don't or have no idea about a multiplayer competitive scene, it's a splendid idea.

Last edited:
On the contrary, they've gone out of their way to push for the group plugin to be developed to a point where we can offer full-featured tournament boards to anyone who has the time and motivation to run a tournament rather than asking those people to jump through hoops and meet arbitrary participation/sign-up requirements. To get a board on the old forum you had to message an on-topic or global moderator, make your case for your tournament's genuine need, and then sit on your thumbs while they decided if you did or didn't deserve one. Now you just make your intro thread on the tournament board, create your group, and then you're free to set up your group board however you like. Sticky what needs stickied, give edit permissions to whoever on your team needs them, etc. Everything a user needs to run a tournament is now available to them without any hoops to jump through.

Conveniently, it also means mod staff isn't put in a position of judging who is and isn't deserving, or regularly pestering Janus to create new tournament boards and archive old ones. Creation and curation are entirely on the people who are running the show, and a public space is provided for them to advertise themselves just as before.

Can't sticky posts, can't lock threads and have to make parents out of posts. Using the tournament sub-board is far easier + its way easier to see it for new players. Mainly one tournament runs from EU Native at one time for months at a time, I don't really see that as pestering atall. But who knows, bannerlord is out now.

- I guess go join this group fully working group :smile: ~ https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?groups/w6c-warband-6-aside-cup.357/

Last edited:
Can't sticky posts, can't lock threads and have to make parents out of posts.
Sounds like a bug to me, since we've made it pretty clear that these functions are supposed to be available to group admins & moderators. We're looking into it, thanks for your persistence.

Using the tournament sub-board is far easier + its way easier to see it for new players.
The first is still there for Warband and (to my knowledge) will be coming for Bannerlord once it's a little further along. As for the second, that's a big doubt from me and something I don't think groups really satisfy either. More exposure for competitive play is a high priority for me.

Mainly one tournament runs from EU Native at one time for months at a time, I don't really see that as pestering atall. But who knows, bannerlord is out now.
One tournament that would get a child board on the previous forum, sure. There's potential for many simultaneous tournaments to be running for Bannerlord, and of different kinds. Skirmish (ugh), duel, battle if/when it comes or is modded in, and not to mention there's freedom to expand beyond native.

In the meantime, if you want to utilize your group while we work out the kinks on the privileges, send me a PM or @ me in a post and I'll help out.

OK, I've investigated and found that board moderation permissions are currently only working for group moderators, not for group admins. It's a bug in the addon which I'll report and hopefully will be fixed pretty soon. Meanwhile, hey, at least group moderators can do moderation, even if group admins can't. :razz:

Yes looks so good, I even had to invent my own sticky and locked features such a great plugin. Thanks :smile:

This is way better than 'pestering' you to give us a sub-board something which has been done for 10 years now? Let's enjoy this freedom though ha ha!

ac1a9c0ac049106e1881114107275939.png

Seems to work now.

Last edited:
For the time being, feel free to set a group moderator and they can do that for you until it's fixed for group admins.

Or, by all means, feel free to carry on complaining. Or, both. :smile:

Having a group doesn't have the same functionality as a board and certainly doesn't have close to the public visibility. Was it really such a terrible burden to get asked to make a subboard every every months? Come now, it's quite ridiculous. There's not going to be a ton of new Warband tournaments. It seems churlish beyond belief to kick up a fuss about making a subboard.

I hope you reconsider this.

Hi guys,

Tourney went abit off-track for now. But we sorted most stuff, seems like we have had a few drop outs leaving us with uneven groups and without a way to fix this we would need 2 more teams to sign up. If anyone didn't sign up in time or knows of a couple of teams who could sign up give them a shout. As we don't want to put the last 2 teams to sign up on the reserve list we want everyone to play.

Thanks, hopefully this tourney will run smoothly from here on out. If u wanna check anything out goto the group here: It's very 'public' but incase u can't find it https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?groups/w6c-warband-6-aside-cup.357/

Having a group doesn't have the same functionality as a board and certainly doesn't have close to the public visibility. Was it really such a terrible burden to get asked to make a subboard every every months? Come now, it's quite ridiculous. There's not going to be a ton of new Warband tournaments. It seems churlish beyond belief to kick up a fuss about making a subboard.

I hope you reconsider this.

have to echo this. there are going to be very few warband tournaments from this point on, probably once every few months until Bannerlord actually offers competitive, and it is hardly time consuming to have one subboard be made per few months.

Let's be honest, nobody looks at the group part of the forum. Just like nobody makes lists on Twitter. It's way easier if everything's in the same place.

I get and respect the idea but it's not going to be practical in the slightest

Having a group doesn't have the same functionality as a board and certainly doesn't have close to the public visibility.

It should (when it works) have the same functionality. I don't think you can say that it 'doesn't have close to public visibility', worst case scenario for groups is that it works the same as boards (where only the veterans actually view it) and the best case scenario for groups is that it gets more publicity from other modules.

You're assuming no one uses groups, but that simply is not the case, this group here (though I don't really know what it is, although it's under the 'tournament' section) has over 250k views and other clans have 50K+.

I mean, I agree with Orion in the sense that neither are 'ideal', but the worst case scenario of a group is the best case scenario of a board and the best case scenario of a group is players will view it from many different modules when they're browsing the groups sections for clans and what not. Let's see how it runs first before jumping to conclusions on if it's a good idea or not (I don't really know if it'll work well either, but it's worth a try). Maybe in the future the groups section will be structured differently as at the moment it's a bit all over the place.

have to echo this. there are going to be very few warband tournaments from this point on, probably once every few months until Bannerlord actually offers competitive, and it is hardly time consuming to have one subboard be made per few months.

I agree that it's not a big deal to create a board since it's a rare occasion (although it's obviously better to not have to do it).

Last edited:
"Sight" is a not really a good example because they have used auto refresh or something similiar as they gained 100k views in one day so the usage is somewhat not accurately depicted.

"Sight" is a not really a good example because they have used auto refresh or something similiar as they gained 100k views in one day so the usage is somewhat not accurately depicted.

Possibly, I don't really know how the views work, though there's plenty of clans with decent views, like MF (BNS) Marko's etc.

MF is quite frequently used as I know with many discussions and has quite many members. Sight has one discussion with few replies and few views though there are a number of comments.

Back
Top Bottom