Do devs here communicate whatsoever with us????

Users who are viewing this thread

You made that post a few seconds before I replied. Anyway, if your communication strategy relies on posting links and being hostile, I'd say you are rightfully getting ignored.
If you want to voice your opinion try to describe your issue, just posting a thread with 0 information appears more like trolling rather than a call for help (even though the relevant information appears 15 posts later by a random link).
Apologies if my post sounds condescending but it's either that or a hug (which I can't give you right now).

OK.

They do. In fact, they just fixed one of the bugs I was reporting yesterday.
Keep in mind two things though.
First of all, the developers are called developers for a reason: they mostly spend their time developing the game. What a surprise, huh! They could go here and chitchat instead, sure, but that is going slow down the process of improving the game or even completely halt it. The devs are yeeting new patches out like no tomorrow getting rid of numerous problems, and that's the best kind of message they can send to the community. I am sure they will communicate more in the future when the most immediate things will be done hence they get more spare time for discussions, but now they are very busy people and you can see the result of their hard work in every patch note every day.
Secondly, it's important to know that the more detailed your feedback is, the easier it is to resolve for the developers. Whenever you encounter a bug, you have two options: you can either rush to the forum recklessly and rant about nobody addressing the bugs you have, or you can examine the problem in details and provide every single bit of information you have. Guess which kind of feedback provides more clues? You may smell all you want as a customer, but your status doesn't really help to solve the problem. ACKNOWLEDGING THE SWEETY doesn't help either. It's the data you provide which matters.
Yes, the devs are listening. They are fixing the problems fast, sometimes even faster than they respond here. Not all bugs can be solved quickly, some are tricky and require time and effort to figure them out. But they are getting things done.

Their list is sort of cryptic, I feel like it may be lumped into the problem of "Fixes on dynamic resolutions".
That probably refers to another unrelated problem. Don't see any cryptic thing here. Dynamic resolution is a feature used to render 3D scene with different resolution while keeping your UI standard, so you can have a high end PCs, increase dynamic resolution and get more quality, or you can run your game on a potato PCs and shrink your resolution to get some FPS you need. I don't see how that can be connected with streaming software.
What I can say about the list tough, it is not definitive. There are bugs they never get in there but get fixed anyway.

@Renard de Lissel You're cool. Thank you :smile: .. I agree, and I have detailed as much as I could in the Steam thread that is linked in that bug report thread. Although yeah, too many variables with streaming software and etc. All I know is, this is the only single game I've ever seen it happen with. Let's positively hope it's on their to-do list, even without a cookie cutter message informing us so.

@Renard de Lissel You're cool. Thank you :smile: .. I agree, and I have detailed as much as I could in the Steam thread that is linked in that bug report thread. Although yeah, too many variables with streaming software and etc. All I know is, this is the only single game I've ever seen it happen with. Let's positively hope it's on their to-do list, even without a cookie cutter message informing us so.

Damn, I didn't even notice. I just spent 5 days making this video

No wonder it isn't clear

I'm sure they are reading the forums. It's just a lot of posts and they are probably hard at work at collecting all the issues, prioritizing them and working on solutions. It's probably for the best for them not to get involved in the discussions.

Do you still encounter the issue?
If so, did you try forcing Shadowplay to record your desktop instead and run the game in borderless window? I am just guessing here, it’s not even something I can tinker with myself, but if I were you that would be the first thing to try and I didn’t notice you doing that in any of these three topics you created.

Do you still encounter the issue?
If so, did you try forcing Shadowplay to record your desktop instead and run the game in borderless window? I am just guessing here, it’s not even something I can tinker with myself, but if I were you that would be the first thing to try and I didn’t notice you doing that in any of these three topics you created.

I've tried that already before, and now just did again to be sure, all three. I've literally tried everything I can think of.

I guess people are too bussy gathering information and pumping patches out like no tomorrow that they might do that in the future. but this now is pretty crunchy.

I can't believe that the two founders of Mount&Blade were able to gain confidence and encouragement in the forum formed by a small number of supporters. They have been constantly listening to the opinions of the players and improving!

Last time when I saw a dev respont or communicate with players was mexxico's caravan thread (which was amazing in terms of communication btw). After that I have never seen a dev post anything. This was ok before EA but now this is not just a project of a studio, this is a product and we are customers, and with all my respect, i think we deserve communication and hopefully a roadmap of sorts (SP Top Feedback & Suggestions does an okay job being a road map tho it can improve). Not just because to prove your interest in our feedbacks(im pretty sure you are caring about feedback) but also to guide our feedback, to let us know which topics are being worked on, which topics devs don't have a plan to change and which topics are still controversial for them. This will greatly increase efficiency of the feedback we give to you and encourage us to give more.

Last edited:
Last time when I saw a dev respont or communicate with players was mexxico's caravan threads (which were amazing in terms of communication btw). After that I have never seen a dev post anything. This was ok before EA but now this is not just a project of a studio, this is a product and we are customers, and with all my respect, i think we deserve communication and hopefully a roadmap of sorts (SP Top Feedback & Suggestions does an okay job being a road map tho it can improve). Not just because to prove your interest in our feedbacks(im pretty sure you are caring about feedback) but also to guide our feedback, to let us know which topics are being worked on, which topics devs don't have a plan to change and which topics are still controversial for them. This will greatly increase efficiency of the feedback we give to you and encourage us to give more.
So true. My thoughts exactly.

well, I know they respond to some issues, they'll even create threads of their own sometimes. Me? Never got a answer from anyone from TW, except maybe once or twice by their Community Managers (and I've been here since 2009), though I think I'm just too annoying, so I'm like that guy nobody wants to talk to hahaha Only hope that they read my suggestions and take them into consideration because I'm not an uninstructed idiot, I actually know a lot about Game Design, and I work with communication, so yeah... And even so, in eleven years, I've not even once flipped THAT hard about them not responding to me directly, and I couldn't care less tbh

well, I know they respond to some issues, they'll even create threads of their own sometimes. Me? Never got a answer from anyone from TW, except maybe once or twice by their Community Managers (and I've been here since 2009), though I think I'm just too annoying, so I'm like that guy nobody wants to talk to hahaha
Don't worry im talking to you bud.

Also I might have missed some of the replies of the devs but I look at a lot of threads, and I haven't encountered any. Maybe Im just unlucky that's a possibility but i don't think that.

Back
Top Bottom