NA Skirmish Completed BSL Discussion *NEW* $360.00 Prize! NA

Users who are viewing this thread

The only thing that separated mordhau combat was that you couldn't hold attacks or blocks. It is kind of a joke to say that the comp scene of chiv and mordhau isn't the closest to warband in comparison so I don't really get what you're trying to say. Mordhau has more attack directions and more things to do with attacks (in a way that made sense), have since added matchmaking modes (Imagine duel being the first match making mode added ?? :OO), and just overall more mechanics that players can utilize to place themselves above someone who just got the game. Calling Mordhau casual is like calling warband casual and that would honestly be okay to say that the competitive scenes of both games aren't as large or doesn't have as much competition in comparison to any of the esport tier games. Skirmish literally came from Mordhau, btw.

I would love to see that added as well I just think it's awfully entitled that a bunch of vets come on here and complain to him about a bunch of things he can't fix because he is ready to compete. Sure there is a lot of RNG involved at the moment but some games with huge competitive scenes have RNG as a core element and in any game it is up to the host and the person that is paying the money to decide what the rules are.
You can say that Skirmish mode can be taken from Warband? If anything it was, but I doubt it was originally adopted from Warband. Warband has been doing "Skirmish" mode much longer. Just difference sized teams. If anything Mordhau entire game was about reusing already attempted concepts. This combat system is original, and far better then Mordhau. Having more means nothing, its about making what you have fun to watch. I don't find Mordhau fun to watch. Not that it was not fun to watch, but the entire concept was already used and was already very well known. Which is why it died. It was the same stuff. It was honestly doomed from the first day it released.

I think everyone who's complaining about this thread needs to stop whining and let the man host his tournament. So what if it isn't "how it's supposed to be" in your book - any organized event will be great for the community and growing the excitement about clans. Since there is no buy-in there is 0 reason for any serious clan not to participate in this besides having salt over small intricacies of the game or complaining that this isn't in "your vision" of how a tournament should happen.

At this point, you all are just being petty. I don't see anyone else trying to organize a larger scale event for Bannerlord. My clan is bored with just going around winning pub matches and I'm sure many others are thinking the same way. I'm excited to see where this goes and I will be participating in this tournament.

Hello- I'm messaging you because you are designated leader of a Bannerlord NA clan, to ask you to consider not committing a team to the "tournament" being hosted by VK. I'll preface this by stating that obviously as your own autonomous group, you are free to do whatever you want, and if you choose to participate, best of luck to you. If you require my background, I played native warband competitive for 7 years under the names ________ for a variety of teams, and played NA _________________________, and we are not taking part in this tournament due to a number of grievances. Primarily, while Les is certainly a controversial figure on the forums (the baiting from both sides on his clan thread is entertaining), there is, objectively, no fair way to host a competitive tournament while the community lacks access to custom servers which enable, at minimum, the ability to ensure a skirmish against your actual opponents, and to swap factions following the conclusion of the set. Leaving aside arguments as to whether you consider the game balanced in its current state, its undeniable that the format for the first tournaments in Bannerlord will have a definitive impact on how potential community led competitive tournaments will operate in the future. If you are browsing the thread, then you'll see the numerous issues being highlighted from people who were involved in warband tournament administration for years on end. By refusing to take part in what I personally consider a sham of a tournament, we can send a message that, as a community, our warband competitive experience will not be dictated by a single clan whose leader utilizes money to compensate for lapses in

Boy is this community fun!

Last edited:
Hello- I'm messaging you because you are designated leader of a Bannerlord NA clan, to ask you to consider not committing a team to the "tournament" being hosted by VK. I'll preface this by stating that obviously as your own autonomous group, you are free to do whatever you want, and if you choose to participate, best of luck to you. If you require my background, I played native warband competitive for 7 years under the names ________ for a variety of teams, and played NA _________________________, and we are not taking part in this tournament due to a number of grievances. Primarily, while Les is certainly a controversial figure on the forums (the baiting from both sides on his clan thread is entertaining), there is, objectively, no fair way to host a competitive tournament while the community lacks access to custom servers which enable, at minimum, the ability to ensure a skirmish against your actual opponents, and to swap factions following the conclusion of the set. Leaving aside arguments as to whether you consider the game balanced in its current state, its undeniable that the format for the first tournaments in Bannerlord will have a definitive impact on how potential community led competitive tournaments will operate in the future. If you are browsing the thread, then you'll see the numerous issues being highlighted from people who were involved in warband tournament administration for years on end. By refusing to take part in what I personally consider a sham of a tournament, we can send a message that, as a community, our warband competitive experience will not be dictated by a single clan whose leader utilizes money to compensate for lapses in

Boy is this community fun!

glad you finally acknowledged this les! However you are not a native comp player!!!

Also stop typing 3rd person ^^^^

glad you finally acknowledged this les! However you are not a native comp player!!!

Also stop typing 3rd person ^^^^
I dont! Pretty cancer that the old warband pro community is soooo TOXIC that they have to send out mass messages like this to the entire community to stop them from playing in my little tournament

I dont! Pretty cancer that the old warband pro community is soooo TOXIC that they have to send out mass messages like this to the entire community to stop them from playing in my little tournament
He is not tho? He says in the message that they are free to play if they want. He is just trying to protect the NA scene by not rushing things

I sent out these messages cause I wanted to share my viewpoints on why I think its a bad idea to host a tournament right now so long as we don't have custom servers. Additionally, it gave me an opportunity to add a fair amount of the Bannerlord clan leaders on steam. I wouldn't get on your high horse, as I'm also aware at the beginning on this thread that once opposition was voiced, you reached out to certain individuals to come on here and post in its defense. I believe I sent a total of 7 messages, to 5 different clans.

If you have an issue with me wanting to have a private conversation with an entirely separate clan about the same reasons I have publicly stated, by all means, keep up with the paranoid pretense that the entire warband veteran community is actively trying to subvert you.

He is not tho? He says in the message that they are free to play if they want. He is just trying to protect the NA scene by not rushing things

Bannerlord's a new game, at the moment the only real 'NA Scene' contributors I can see are VK, who've organised countless scrims and want to go out their way of making a minor tournaments for people to play in. Everyone knows it's EA and that it's not going to set any precedent for future tournaments.

I sent out these messages cause I wanted to share my viewpoints on why I think its a bad idea to host a tournament right now so long as we don't have custom servers. Additionally, it gave me an opportunity to add a fair amount of the Bannerlord clan leaders on steam. I wouldn't get on your high horse, as I'm also aware at the beginning on this thread that once opposition was voiced, you reached out to certain individuals to come on here and post in its defense. I believe I sent a total of 7 messages, to 5 different clans.

If you have an issue with me wanting to have a private conversation with an entirely separate clan about the same reasons I have publicly stated, by all means, keep up with the paranoid pretense that the entire warband veteran community is actively trying to subvert you.

You're the definition of toxic. Its a little tournament for a couple of willing clans to enjoy and you're taking time out of your day to try and stop me from hosting get a life dude youre such a joke

Bannerlord's a new game, at the moment the only real 'NA Scene' contributors I can see are VK, who've organised countless scrims and want to go out their way of making a minor tournaments for people to play in. Everyone knows it's EA and that it's not going to set any precedent for future tournaments.

Christ on a crutch do I agree with this! I am so taken aback by the persistent level of pettiness and paranoia being displayed by this overly vocal minority. What's even worse is the amount of bandwagoning and brown-nosing that I can only imagine gets worse behind closed doors. The lunacy portrayed in the failed and warped sense of logic is mind-blowing and disturbing.

Mouse House;
Please...please explain how a lottery tournament in Early Access sets the precedence for ALL tournaments and events to follow? When is any tournament or competition, digital or real life; ever 1:1 fair? There is no such thing as a level playing field; no matter how you attempt to satisfy your own perception of such. There is no argument you could ever compile that can back the propaganda and conspiracy theories in your head/s. If the world operated as you think; we would go no where as a civilization. Sitting around, bashing positive effort, being "lazy", and waiting for others to do what you demand/expect is the type of thinking that gets you set up for natural selection. The only thing unrivaled about your group is the level of entitlement and self-pride you gladly wave in front of everyone; the irrelevant (in the grand scope of reality) clout of your M&B tenures and how the world should revolve around how you see it just because of your voluntary dedication to another game? Your loyalty is definitely not to Bannerlord; your loyalty is reserved for what Bannerlord may be and your own self-preservations.

So do us a favor "Old World Order" (OwO..omg im so good with these clan names) - while you sit and wait on the sidelines for what may come to pass; don't sabotage what others are trying to accomplish just because it's not yours, or you don't agree with it. It's a really gross outlook to take, and shows a lot about the people behind the computers. The world would be a much better place if there were less people who thought like you, and more of people who tried to be innovative, use what they have, and make the best of life they can. It's people like us that drive the world forward, and your hate only powers our smiles.

TL;DR - Ya basic.

Toodles!

Last edited:
You're the definition of toxic. Its a little tournament for a couple of willing clans to enjoy and you're taking time out of your day to try and stop me from hosting get a life dude youre such a joke

Host your tournament. I disagree with the format, so im not participating. I felt obliged to share the reasons for my disagreement, which apparently makes me toxic because I chose to do it both privately and publically. Despite the chip on your shoulder, Les, I have nothing against you personally, and applaud your enthusiasm to kick off Bannerlords competitive scene. I don't want to devolve your thread into another pointless argument or flaming match, so from here on out I'll make the attempt to be positive.

Good luck to the people playing in the tournament. Hopefully we can ALL make an effort to be civil.

im not a les bot but marquis thats pretty cringe bro ur like that one time where karth messaged people to not join nwl one season because he wasnt in charge

if ppl look at the thread they can decide if they want 2 or not they arent babies who cant read

people already know about les's past which at times was cringe but i'd say it was only cringe until like 2017 then it wasn't as cringe

the idea that the first tournament will define the entire bannerlord format is a low iq retard assumption to make especially how skirmish is the only game mode available

if les is sh1te at adminning then ppl will quit his tournament midway and remember for the future

assuming this does happen, other people wont be turned off from OTHER people hosting tournaments at all especially since it is community made

we are likely to see taleworlds sponsor a tournament hosted by them which will likely be the real standard set so there shouldnt be any fearmongering over potentially dud community tourneys

maybe ur not actually that dumb and just want community validation that u dont like it but l0le

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom