What are you playing right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

It's good, but not self-harm good :smile: Be a dobry cattolico and think of what would Jesus do.
Looks great. It's on my Steam wishlist. If only I had the time.
How long have you been playing?
Total, Steam says 55 hours, but it could be squeezed into 30, maybe less. This playthrough is ~ 10 hours, but again could be speed-played in around half the time. The game can be pretty automated after you discover domestication of animals and sheep especially (for wool) so if you want to, you can just draw up work areas and resource limits and the AI will do a pretty decent job and you can speed up to 8x and only manually deal with raiders, traveling traders and new buildings. But I like to do a lot of things manually even later on, or just keep it at 1x and read about the actual Mesolithic era on the other screen etc.

Last edited:
Damn. 50 hours is at least a month for me.

Right now it's Bannerlord.
Just witnessed an argument between a mother and her teenage son, and it's the most lifelike animationwork I've ever seen!

YvR5_.jpg

:lol: some Juliard acting there. What were they arguing about?

50 hours would normally be weeks or a month for me too. But I have literally nothing to do. I've seen everything I wanted to see on Netflix. I Marie Kondo'd the whole apartment. I run on the treadmill for an hour, I play piano for up to an hour, but realistically like 30 minutes. And then there's 14 more waking hours to kill. I dug up my mom's old Latin textbook and tried to brush up / learn it again, but I'm too old and retarded for that now.

What do you do that you're deemed essential?

Wheels of Aurelia. Huh, happy I didn´t spend a cent on this game. The story is bland, the milieu is overhyped, the soundtrack is mediocre and the controls are clunky with a keyboard. Got geeky about being able to drive the Lancia Stratos, but that´s about it.
[haha rally car goes vroooom] = [haha la macchina per rallye vroomazzano] 2/10. 1 point for the game as a whole, another one for the Stratos.

Retrowave. This game is essentially the game version of slowed + reverb songs, literally just mute the in-game synth soundtrack and put on one of those. It´s a great arcade-y lil´game for only 1,59. (1,19 until 8 May) Definitely way better than its competition with similar concepts like OutDrive and Retroracer. (Driving vapourwave/cybersynth/80-90's racing). 9/10. One short of full score as it lacks some camera settings. Edit : Got boring after buying most cars.

You might be surprised that the fastest and most expensive car isn´t the easiest way to earn money. If you´re looking for something like Outrun, I´d advise you to check out Slipstream.

Last edited:
I'm hopping between Deus Ex GOTY, Battlefront 2 (Scarif update), and Warband (Full Invasion 2 basically every day)

Switched over to IL-2: Great Battles after getting annoyed at War Thunder.

There's a great duel/dogfight sever which I've been having boatloads of fun messing around on (I wouldn't want to always fly in this TDM way, but it's pretty nice to get away from the long periods of inaction in normal flight simming and the less great things about WT).

Tempest is a beast to fly, just a bit rough since the pilot has no g-suit. The P-51 has surprisingly become one of my favorite planes to fly (it's not great if you get slow, but at high speed it's a joy to fly, makes the Luftwaffe cry, and really only suffers a bit due to having .50 cals, which I like a whole lot less than cannons).

I have been playing a bit of Subnautica Below Zero mysef, Bannerlord but it's starting to get old after about 150 hours, and just now I have Warband open which only serves to amplify all my gripes with the wonky physics in Bannerlord :lol:.

@kurczak , Dawn of Man is definitely awesome, I have about 100 hours in it myself and it's rare for me to find a game where I can put more than 10 hours without getting bored (I am easily distracted I suppose).

Did you finish the Ancient Warriors scenario? I can usually keep up until the Bronze Age, but there's just too many of them in Iron Age.

879Zw.jpg

Did you finish the Ancient Warriors scenario? I can usually keep up until the Bronze Age, but there's just too many of them in Iron Age.

879Zw.jpg

Nope, I don't think I even ever played that one :lol: . It took me a while to get all the milestones on Hardcore for the previous two and after I that I was a bit burned out on it. I am sure it gets crazy tough. Walls and tower spam worked ok in the Northlands but I don't know how well that would work in Hardcore Ancient Warriors (on Normal I imagine you should be able to turtle up).

Perhaps it is time to play Dawn of Man again :xf-cool:

Yeah, I played it on hardcore and it is actually pretty hardcore (for me). They come basically every year, I think their numbers are determined by both era and your population.There was ~ 30 of them to my ~75, but like 25 of those are children and raiders seem to have near infinite stamina. My people get exhausted just by running to a warehouse for a weapon when I sound the alarm, while the raiders run around like mechanic mice, and that more than undoes the numerical advantage.

It's honestly awesome. I'm even considering writing a review on Steam and I don't think I have ever written a "official" customer review (positive or negative) of anything ever and also for the first time ever I'm trying to get all the achievements. Not gonna lie, some of the excitement may be the corona-quarantine and missing the outside. But still it's great.

Today, I tried to get the achievement where you have to get 900 (out of 1000 max) prestige while technologically reaching no further than the Neolith. I wasn't sure how exactly prestige worked, I just knew you generally get it by expanding and especially building megalithic structures. So I only started to look into the details when I was like 2 hours in. The calculation of prestige is very weird, you do get 2 points per every tribe member, some for every "essential" building like granaries or watchtowers, then yes for various megalithic structures and other spiritual/funerary even if they are not megalith and then for unlocking techs. I was originally going to do a little bit of roleplay with house rules, so I wanted to build a henge with lots of menhirs around, but it turns out menhirs are prestige-inefficient compared to henges and megaliths are a very scarce and obviously non-renewable resource, so I reluctantly did 3 henges. I also wanted to permanently deforest as small area as possible and instead build around and between the trees and give it a more spontaneous and organic look.

CLDjv.jpg
yTDou.jpg

It became soon obvoius, the three henges and around 100 population are not going to cut it, so I decided to spam totems, which are made from renewable materials. Here's my Neolithic mini-Šiaulai hill of crosses totems.

LgYhw.jpg

Turns out, they only give you prestige until a certain point, in my case some 80 points aways from the 900 goal, so I have to make up the rest by population expansion, which means getting to 180 pop. I'm stuck between 140 and 150. The immigration rate slows down as you expand and I'm playing hard mode, so raiders advance in tech independently of me, so while I am stuck in the Neolithic with flint axes and simple bows, they come at me every ~ 24 months with bronze swords and shields and while I can still zerg them, they usually take 5 to 10 of mine with them, which is about what I get from immigration and net natality during the cycle. At least I get to loot their corpses for the bronze stuff, so maybe eventually eventually, slowly but surely, I'll be able to kill them with just 1 or 2 casualties.

zue_B.jpg
0bJ5q.jpg
Those screenshots really do look a lot like banished don’t they?

Back
Top Bottom