Patch Notes e1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

At the first days of early access workshops were so OP especially smithy and wood workshop were. Then first we cap them (200 daily) and then nerf them and remove cap. Lots of people complain and they said "we will not make workshop investment after now for 100-200-300 denars a day". However they continue making this investment because actually workshops were still good. Having one more money source even they bring 100-200-300 daily was still good for 12K investment in long term. Same here if you think caravans are useless you can use other ways too, however there will be lots of people making caravans in future even they are nerfed. We just want you to decide according to your situation. Some money resources should not be always good. You should consider your current situation and then choose what is best for you.
After a year bandit/looter groups get big enough to take on any caravan in-game, including NPC caravans which leads to an economic collapse. When will you finally address the real issue here, which is the lack of late-game content on which we could spend our money and not the abundance of player's money?

With this part about bandits attacking caravans even if they are slightly weaker it might be a great fix to take out bandit swarms all over. When I travel around the map I think that Calradia is a ****ty place to live when there are more bandits then rest of population xD
Who'd have thought the true kings of Calradia would turn out to be the Looters

I'm perfectly fine with the lords cheating if it means they get to have better armies. I want to fight Cataphracts and Fiann Champions, not recruits and militia. The requirement that lords always play by the same rules as the player is great in theory, but it sucks in practice because the AI is too stupid to play by the same rules and win.
No no no no no, no cheating AI, unless it is optional. Bannerlord has done something unique and special with non-cheating AI. This is a precious gift. Of all the thousands of games I have played, this is one of the things that makes Bannerlord special.

Why don't weak and vulnerable AI lords stay at keep/castle while his allies/lords transfer their troops to them?

Last edited:
I think the loot is determined by the troops defeated; once Lord parties are changed to be stronger then the loot should be better (and thus probably needs to be reduced)
I once defeated two lords and one of them escaped along with a single cataphract. Thought this would be an easy way to farm high tier armor so I saved the game and attacked him. Kept save scumming, every time all I got was some food and occasionally a horse. No high tier loot at all

No no no no no, no cheating AI, unless it is optional. Bannerlord has done something unique and special with non-cheating AI. This is a precious gift. Of all the thousands of games I have played, this is one of the things that makes Bannerlord special.

There's no need for cheating. Just add features like training troops for money limited to T3 for both NPC and player. Cheaper if You own a castle city and more expensive if You're not the owner.

Available only at place of course.

Actually the last part with caravan was a good fix. The caravans never die and you get so much gold mid-late game forever where you had money to buy everything. Perhaps we can relax the caravan death rate a bit for easy mode. But definitely for harder difficulties this caravan fix was a must.
Well, even in 1.0.5 my caravans would die to a random lord with a bunch of recruits. Not as often, sure (probably once a year), and they made some real money. But caravans were not a safe cash printer as a workshop. Right now they are too weak to fend off even a small party and too slow (it seems) to run away from said party.

If by "precious gift" you mean the privilege of fighting armies full of recruits, you can keep it. I'd rather have Warband's party template system which at least ensured that you'd have real enemies to fight

By the way after we make some fixes or balancings this does not mean final point is this after now. Development will always continue and we will follow your feedbacks.
Thank you so much for taking the time to communicate your thoughts with us, it gives us great insight into the development of the game and is very helpful indeed!

Yes we are of this problem and if needed only at this part ai can cheat a bit (get daily xp to its troops) even we are all aganist of ai cheating. Because until they face with player they have several battles and these are not enought to upgrade their troops. In current situation player cannot get real potential from battles because he/she is always fighting aganist mostly recruits. In next patches we will solve this problem.

By the way after we make some fixes or balancings this does not mean final point is this after now. Development will always continue and we will follow your feedbacks.
Stronger Lord's armies are very important but there should be more value and consequences behind these armies. If you fight an entire stack of high tier army and capture their Lord's their should be some war weariness penalty and decreased recruitment for these Lord's as at the moment these stacks keep coming and it's quite meaningless to fight them. Their should be more weight to every fight and city taken which should slow the pace of the game as at the moment it's a sprint but it should be a marathon. This will add more value to your economy system and give more breathing space for developing your kingdom or fies. Add more building options and we are set.

I once defeated two lords and one of them escaped along with a single cataphract. Thought this would be an easy way to farm high tier armor so I saved the game and attacked him. Kept save scumming, every time all I got was some food and occasionally a horse. No high tier loot at all
I've looted the Mamluke looking armour, worn by Aserai Emirs, in a fight against the Jawwal and the Beni Zilal
iXpVF.png
So high tier armours can drop, just a really low percentage, what's really missing is an option to buy time in towns. Right now in my Sturgia playthrough I've looted the exact armour I've been looking for in my Aserai game for ages. (The helmet I'm wearing, I've stolen it from my wife. I would have much preferred buying it in a town)

If by "precious gift" you mean the privilege of fighting armies full of recruits, you can keep it. I'd rather have Warband's party template system which at least ensured that you'd have real enemies to fight

How about we have a training system for lords/castles/towns to train recruits to a higher tier? Make the AI lord with all recruits wait inside a safe keep/town, while training them up. If they have clan members, the clan members can recruit for them and transfer their troops/recruits for the recovering lord?

Apart from the changes made in this patch. I think their should be a lot more focus on things like new mechanics, equipment, building chains etc. Which can only be done by the devs. The number issues and big changes to them unless a part of bigger game overhaul should left out to modders and community as they will tweak them accordingly to their own liking anyway. More emphasis and attention should be given to to things which modders can't fix or change.

How about we have a training system for lords/castles/towns to train recruits to a higher tier? Make the AI lord with all recruits wait inside a safe keep/town, while training them up. If they have clan members, the clan members can recruit for them and transfer their troops/recruits for the recovering lord?
I'll take anything that solves the problem of the crappy low tier armies. But if it comes down to it, I say let them cheat. They're just dumb AI. They're not really smart enough to play by the same rules as the player

Oh come on TW... No fix to useless infantry AI before release the beta build to public. How is possible that you ignore this issue?

Quite stunnising, what's the use of beta-branch if you're not gonna fix the most annoying bugs/glitches before official release?

Good job out of that.

Hopefully the flee system also gets some rework, as other people pointed out, they should fight back if they really can't retreat(even on winning numbers troops may flee because of morale modifiers, but they shouldn't start ignoring close-by targets and simply run away on winning spots or if enemy is reachable/close by).

Perhaps a system similar to Ranged units going to melee, but instead applying that radius for fleeing units to try and fight back would work perfectly.

I've looted the Mamluke looking armour, worn by Aserai Emirs, in a fight against the Jawwal and the Beni Zilal
iXpVF.png
So high tier armours can drop, just a really low percentage, what's really missing is an option to buy time in towns. Right now in my Sturgia playthrough I've looted the exact armour I've been looking for in my Aserai game for ages. (The helmet I'm wearing, I've stolen it from my wife. I would have much preferred buying it in a town)
What I'm saying is that even though the drops are based off the enemies in the party you fight, you aren't guaranteed high tier loot just because you fight a party of high tier enemies, the loot is based off a percentage chance for each item not based on a fixed amount of loot dropping after battles

Also is Taleworlds aware of this? I'm dissapointed that it's not fixed. At least @Duh_TaleWorlds just confirmed they're looking into the overall AI bad combat situation in this patch(also spammed on forums on beta branch). But hopefully both can be fixed by the same time.

Apart from the changes made in this patch. I think their should be a lot more focus on things like new mechanics, equipment, building chains etc.
I'd rather see some fixes to broken mechanics than even more broken mechanics. 90% of perks are not working, every skill gives 0,01% per level and in effect is absolutely worthless to level up. Most siege towers and ladders are bugged, navmeshes do not exist, and thus taking any town/castle is rather frustrating experience. Not to mention half of the quests are still bugged (spy party, family feud, find a daughter, rival gang), and sending more than one follower at a time to resolve any quest will lead to infinite "holding" status and vanished companions.

Hi.

Is it just me or did somebody played with brightness/contrast and black levels for inventory and party screens with sunglasses on? Seems something changed since this patch with lightning there, and also in the encyclopedia for heroes portraits as they all seem way to dark, like the light source lost to much intensity.

Hi.

Is it just me or did somebody played with brightness/contrast and black levels for inventory and party screens with sunglasses on? Seems something changed since this patch with lightning there, and also in the encyclopedia for heroes portraits as they all seem way to dark, like the light source lost to much intensity.
Yeah, these problem was in the beta too, and was reported too. They didn't fix to the main patch too.

Back
Top Bottom