This is pathetic

Users who are viewing this thread

Never have I seen such a whiny community when it comes to change to gameplay. I see so many people blame TW for "dumbing down" the combat and, making it less smooth etc on a new engine. Personally I welcome the changes. I think the combat is more smooth, no more of that retarded feintspam which served as a "skill barrier", to do what? Press M1 and M2 the fastest? lol be real, you're just mad the game is different and you have to adjust to something new. I played Warband both SP and MP, and I played in Bannerlord beta, but not too much MP on full release. Just get used to something new, the combat is better, it's just a fact.

Git gud lol, games easy.

BsX9JHN.png

Never have I seen such a whiny community when it comes to change to gameplay. I see so many people blame TW for "dumbing down" the combat and, making it less smooth etc on a new engine. Personally I welcome the changes. I think the combat is more smooth, no more of that retarded feintspam which served as a "skill barrier", to do what? Press M1 and M2 the fastest? lol be real, you're just mad the game is different and you have to adjust to something new. I played Warband both SP and MP, and I played in Bannerlord beta, but not too much MP on full release. Just get used to something new, the combat is better, it's just a fact.

Git gud lol, games easy.

BsX9JHN.png

And we're only 2 and a half weeks in... Guess we're going to have to buckle up because I fear the worst*(edit: I'm bad) is yet to come! :lol:

Git gud lol, games easy.

BsX9JHN.png
I don't entirely disagree with you, but with 5 games played and 217 kills, surely you must be playing captain mode?

I don't entirely disagree with you, but with 5 games played and 217 kills, surely you must be playing captain mode?
one captain rest is siege

Or hes heavy cav or camping archer. No way would you have that ratio on Siege mode, you must be heavy cav spamming on Skirmish or something.

defence siege i play archery but mostly i just go some infantry troop, cav is too boring

one captain rest is siege

defence siege i play archery but mostly i just go some infantry troop, cav is too boring
Well I would agree with most of your points. It might just be because I find myself better at bannerlord then warband, but at the same time the current system does have flaws. Chambering for example needs to be reworked, same thing with couch lances. Some of the team-hitting hit boxes seem to also be strange, but idk if you’ve noticed this if you play siege. I do think that how hard it is now to force a kill against anyone who can block feints is kind of ridiculous, it’s pretty much just attack until their shield breaks and shields have way too much HP IMO.

5 games kek... play a few hundreds and then come back
Idk, I think there are parts of bannerlords combat that are a big improvement over warband, but at the same time I cede it has flaws (as stated in my post above). I also recognize the game may have a lower skill ceiling at the moment but overall I think things are better. I know I’m in the minority on this, and I say it with someone who has over 450 beta skirmish games and over 250 EA skirmish games played.

Idk, I think there are parts of bannerlords combat that are a big improvement over warband, but at the same time I cede it has flaws (as stated in my post above). I also recognize the game may have a lower skill ceiling at the moment but overall I think things are better. I know I’m in the minority on this, and I say it with someone who has over 450 beta skirmish games and over 250 EA skirmish games played.
Some parts are simply better. For me it feels to lag less (Desync or animation wise) That doesnt rly mean animations are better, but they feel smoother like if they play on a higher framerate. Warband tended to glitch out at high framerates.

I like how you say 'get good' and think having to adjust are factors behind combat complaints. They aren't. Any player that was good in Warband is still good in Bannerlord. The problem is that the combat's been made easier to cater to new players or those that lacked the mechanical skill to compete like you. I'm pretty sure someone said that the combat speed is on slowest at the moment so hopefully this is changed in the future.

The point is that due to the reduced skill ceiling, in 4 months everyone will be basically the same skill level. Right now in Skirmish, fighting someone else with a shield has been reduced to mainly just trading hits back and forth when in Warband you were required to have good reaction speed and technique to compete with stronger opponents.

I enjoy bannerlord mp but do think the combat speed can have less "delay" or "weight" behind most of the attacks.

Mainly single handed weapons. 2 handers prob need a very miniscule buff to speed if they do that.

I think the combat is more smooth
Objectively: you're wrong. The combat system has been designed around a pseudo-physics system, which means when you're approaching high level play, the animations and player movements break down into a clunky mess that hurts to look at, and feel terrible to play with. Warband's system was what people call "arcady", but the animations were clean, smooth and easy to read, with two smaller exceptions. The feint spam still exists in Bannerlord, by the way, it's just a bit different.

you're just mad the game is different and you have to adjust to something new.
This statement proves you don't know what you're talking about. Many of us, particularly the people complaining the most about the game, have been playing for 6-9 months and acclimatized to the differences. The problems become worse the more in depth you look at them/play the game.

Objectively: you're wrong. The combat system has been designed around a pseudo-physics system, which means when you're approaching high level play, the animations and player movements break down into a clunky mess that hurts to look at, and feel terrible to play with. Warband's system was what people call "arcady", but the animations were clean, smooth and easy to read, with two smaller exceptions. The feint spam still exists in Bannerlord, by the way, it's just a bit different.

This statement proves you don't know what you're talking about. Many of us, particularly the people complaining the most about the game, have been playing for 6-9 months and acclimatized to the differences. The problems become worse the more in depth you look at them/play the game.
+1

Feint spam became close to unreadable its more like someone holding a stab nowadays. The only reason its not broken because if you accel it will poke most likely. Most people here dont say the combat is super bad but theres still lots of room to improve. Especially if you compare it to chivalry > mordhau which was like a night and day improvement. The devs actually listened to the community feedback in beta and fixed their combat.

No more weird ass spinning or **** like that, so why do we still have incosistent pokes?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom