AMD or Intel?

Users who are viewing this thread

So which one is better for Bannerlord? Intel I5-9600K that has 6 cores and 6 threads which better then ryzen in overclocked performance of 4 core performance
or Ryzen 5 3600X has 6 cores and 12 threads which is more then intel's threads.

Also what about ryzen 7 3700X? I can afford that too but I dont know is it worth.I want the best performance for 1000 sized battles with highest graphic settings.I need help to decide one of three.

Ask this in a few months because now the game is unoptimised in so many corners nobody can give you a true answer.

Logically , any CPU you lissted above should be way overkill for this game when it's finished.

Single threaded performance is within 3% between the 9600K and 3600X. If all you're interested in is gaming then you should buy whichever is cheapest.

3700X is faster than both of those but won't make much difference in games to be honest. I got it because I run virtual machines. Great CPU. But if you don't need the extra threads you might as well save the money.

Single threaded performance is within 3% between the 9600K and 3600X. If all you're interested in is gaming then you should buy whichever is cheapest.

3700X is faster than both of those but won't make much difference in games to be honest. I got it because I run virtual machines. Great CPU. But if you don't need the extra threads you might as well save the money.
Okay thank you I think ill go for 3600X.

Ask this in a few months because now the game is unoptimised in so many corners nobody can give you a true answer.

Logically , any CPU you lissted above should be way overkill for this game when it's finished.
Yes you are so right. But nobody knows when game will be optimised. Too hard to wait without able to play the game xd.

I've seen this game use over 90% of my 3600 in big battles, and it can use 50% just on the world map. That means six threads are maxed out just on the world map. You will definitely make use of the extra six threads of the ryzen, this game will max out the 9600k easily.

Go as high as you can afford. As a I7-9700k user, I kind regret not going the Ryzen 9 3900 route TBH. My performance tests show 100% CPU usage on all 8 cores.

Go as high as you can afford. As a I7-9700k user, I kind regret not going the Ryzen 9 3900 route TBH. My performance tests show 100% CPU usage on all 8 cores.
Im having similar issues with the exact same cpu - I bought intel as I believe they had better performance on Total War (my other favourite game) - not sure if I made the right choice. Hopefully Taleworlds can look into this.

Considering from what I see the game is pretty decent at multicore/thread usage, so amd is likely the better path to go down here. Seeing as it'll be better utilized, especially if you also have other things running.

Back
Top Bottom