Gekokujo - trying to add stuff messes up the village icons - please help!

Users who are viewing this thread

So im modding Gekokujo and things seem to be compiling and building ok but even if i add the simplest of things i get the same error/bug in game - i get a red error message saying'failed to get mesh for town map 2' and all the icons for the villages revert back to native...

is there a way to solve this? could i just simply delete the native village icons or would that mess it all up? as for the town 2, theres nothing wrong with the icon or scenes in game just the red error message.

In OpenBRF you have the possibility to check for errors. It checks then all brf files which you included in the mod (and activated in module.ini) and checks for missing links, like if you forgot to introduce a material or texture or the texture is simply missing. If you have compiled something and a mesh is getting called which can't be found, it's also giving out an error. So check if you are loading the brf with the new map icons properly.

Upvote 0
In OpenBRF you have the possibility to check for errors. It checks then all brf files which you included in the mod (and activated in module.ini) and checks for missing links, like if you forgot to introduce a material or texture or the texture is simply missing. If you have compiled something and a mesh is getting called which can't be found, it's also giving out an error. So check if you are loading the brf with the new map icons properly.

im not trying to add new map icons for the villages or anything, it just reverts the map icons to the native icons and not gekokujo's. Iv tried looking for a reason in the module files and i think its because the map icons are names the same as native so it somehow reverts it back. also tried looking in the resources for the meshes of the village icon and the village snow icon but they are nowhere to be found in the resources. even in the daimyo mod they added a new mesh for the villages.

I can sort it by adding new icons for the villages its just really strange how the meshes arnt in the resources but still show up - untill you try doing a cheat or modding it. just try on the native gekokujo by doing a cheat travel and youl see the village icons change to the native ones, then try find the village icons in the resources... so weird.

Upvote 0
If something is getting called which is in Native, the engine first checks if you implemented a new ressource (make sure it is getting loaded in module.ini) which contains a mesh with the same name. If that is not given, it loads the Native mesh (as long as you didn't comment it out in module.ini).

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom