Tribal Warrior

Users who are viewing this thread

tribalwarrior.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Aserai Tribal Warrior in this thread.

Increasing this class' cost to 120 was a bad idea, in my opinion. It could work as a three-lives class right off the bat, but this cost, along with the lack of any two-lives infantry class that can keep up with other factions' heavy infantry, sets in stone the Veteran as the go-to class.

Increasing this class' cost to 120 was a bad idea, in my opinion. It could work as a three-lives class right off the bat, but this cost, along with the lack of any two-lives infantry class that can keep up with other factions' heavy infantry, sets in stone the Veteran as the go-to class.
even if this was 100 worth its still trash. The armor is ****. The Movement speed is ****. The sword is ****. The shield is ****. Aserai is every infantry mains nightmare.

Having a third or fourth spawn is useless anyways. Since your whole team is ded by then or you won before.

Last edited:
You probably increased this units price based on statistics showing it was very strong.
That was because players were/are able to abuse this classes spear. Fix spears, fix the class. No need to make it 120 gold, fine at 100.

+1

Perk problems with this class:
-All the good perks are in the first tree
-Spear will win out in the 2nd tree most of the time
-I would swap Larger Shield to 2nd tree for Axe. It doesn't make sense that you can carry an Axe and a Mace at the same time.
-Reduce the cost to 110, it's just unflexible for it to be 120. I understand it was the strongest light infantry class but Aserai needed it to be.

I suppose, it was the devs' intent to give each faction a certain flavour, with Aserai's being good archer and cav units at the expense of infantry - which is fair enough, but at this point the tribal warrior appears rather lackluster. On its own, it doesn' fare very well against its counterparts from other factions, so oftentimes it's better to pick the archer and bet on catching the opponent in a crossfire, unless the situation dictates using extra anti-cav measures. Giving the tribal warrior a better shield or some extra mobility might help.

The great useless axe perk needs to go. There's also no reason to pick any other perk than a spear if you're a reasonable player, MAYBE javelins if you're feeling lucky. As for the first row of perks, the mace is needed in Captain's mode, for example, to counter heavy infantry like Vlandian Sergeants, and the improved armor may be useful when fighting against Aserai or Khuzaits, but in all the other gamemodes, the class really doesn't benefit from that larger shield perk. It's simply not worth picking over improved armor or the mace itself.

After e1.1.0 theres no reason to pick this guy over the skirmisher. It has a worse sword and less movement speed.

It needs to have the big shield by default or you will die instantly to archers as light infantry. It could get a kaskara instead similar to the skirmisher.

As it is now, Aserai has by far the worst infantry in the game, to the point where its only cav and archerspam.
So i suggest to raise Tribal Warriors armor to ~30, raising the cost to 130, also give him a big enough shield. I know they are supposed to be archer and cav heavy, but they dont even have a medium infantry as it stands now. If you pick the armour perk you get shot in your feet like crazy, so you are forced to go with shield, having 18 armour is just too weak.

the flyssa is so bad you might aswell use ur fists they do more damage, idk why the unit doesnt get a kaskara as default. It doesnt even got access to one.

they could add something like fire pots to aserai units.

Last edited:
everytime i use Tribal Warrior in captain mode, i end up doing 6 kills for 26 loss, and the 6 kills are done by myself. Even when i charge them into a bunch of rangers.

Captain Mode Perspective: Tribal Warrior is generally considered the weakest shield infantry unit in the mode. Their bigger shield perk is really nice and I think works really well, it should be their default shield instead of a perk. Perhaps increase the unit count of tribal warriors by +2 to help buff them to an acceptable level.

Captain Mode Perspective: Tribal Warrior is generally considered the weakest shield infantry unit in the mode. Their bigger shield perk is really nice and I think works really well, it should be their default shield instead of a perk. Perhaps increase the unit count of tribal warriors by +2 to help buff them to an acceptable level.
I didn't play captain mode much but sometimes I'm try to play this mode with friends. You dont need to use tribal warrior as a front line shield infantry like you can do it with heavy infanty (legionaries, varyags etc). But tribals has enough countity and good equipment to stop enemy charge or cover allies from arrows. They absolutely support unit and you must choose what kind of support you wanna do. You can pick bigger shield to covering from archers and safety capturing flags or you can take very fast maces againts enemy armored infantry. I dont reccomend to use armor perk in captain mode. Also as a second perk you can pick javelins and be annoying to enemy archers/light cav/2hd inf. Or you can pick spears and cover flank crom cavalry. Axe perk useless in captain mode, spear or javelins much better.
Next your allies need to flanking enemies when the battle begin. And you can support your friends with javelins or spears. Others perks viable only for personal use in tdm, siege or skirmish.
Btw I think that tribal for now is the best light infantry with a normal or even good shield, with an armor and spear or javelins. Also you can deal many damage with absolutely fast mace or axe. If devs made bigger shields as defoult thay must increase price from 100 to 110 or even 120 and decrease countity for captain mode.

Last edited:
Looking at the changes in 1.5.5, it seems to me that the current iteration of the Warrior really only exists to punish players who die as the Archer, Skirmisher or Guard and kills whatever incentive you would have to play as anything more expensive as those guys. I think instead of removing the javelins outright, he should be given the new Light Javelin or if the developers REALLY don't want him to have a ranged attack, make him cost 90 to compensate for being a rather terrible unit.

Looking at the changes in 1.5.5, it seems to me that the current iteration of the Warrior really only exists to punish players who die as the Archer, Skirmisher or Guard and kills whatever incentive you would have to play as anything more expensive as those guys. I think instead of removing the javelins outright, he should be given the new Light Javelin or if the developers REALLY don't want him to have a ranged attack, make him cost 90 to compensate for being a rather terrible unit.

Tribal Warrior is the best 100 cost unit in the game right now, he gets armour shield and spear and that makes him a very strong 3 life pick in skirmish.

He doesn't need javelins as well.

Back
Top Bottom