Ai cavalry miss their swing timings all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Edward_Cullen

Sergeant at Arms
Very easy to test, essentially due to this cav are absolutely awful in singleplayer, only useful for morale value. After much watching they miss the majority of swings as they amble past enemies regardless of speed. perhaps this might be looked at?

True, they should definitely miss some swings, but it's far too common.

I basically just use cavalry now to slow down the advancing enemy and break them apart, while my archers are taking shots

I agree, it's particularily painful when 10 elite heavy cav repeatedly miss immobile archers on the charge! I feel they get destroyed by horse archers due to this

i dont even use cavalry to much effect other than to run down routing enemies my infantry do the job just fine and with the way archers are atm when they actually shoot they are extremely good at countering enemy cav

I noticed that by giving to all my companions long axes. They suck. One companion has a polearm and she is doing better.

If you have Vladian Knights, they will do the most kills with the polearms before them. So the companions don't make any level in this format. And it takes forever if you want to engage separately with them. You just watch them fail over and over again...

i've found its way to easy to miss your swings from horseback, even the ai have too much troubled, two handed axes and spears are the only two weapons that can hit enemies from horseback rn and the spears STILL need work, way to hard to miss your thrusts with the spear, very hard to aim

Funny. Since M&B warband/etc, I always use almost only horse-based unit (cavalry or mounted archers), because moving fast on the map matter.

With such army, I can usually take on armies 3x times bigger with no problem. With armies of comparable size, I often get no loss (maybe a few peasants that recently joined). Would it mean that if I was using infantery I could beat even much bigger armies?

Or it is because I took the default difficulty setup?

Two random examples... :

281 vs 5 kills on comparable forces

F7199FBA92A4BFB517D67B3E261C832494AD67E9

621 vs 48 kills against ar army 2s bigger

8102728E61F492DDBC309CB27016283134E0894E

I found that when I gave my mounted companions lances, they were far more lethal especially against fleeing enemies. With swords, they did (as of e1.03) just slice horizontally above head-height. I wonder if the AI is using the wrong one-hand sequence against foot - i.e. they're cutting as if for enemy horsemen and not foot?

Back
Top Bottom