Add Character Body Weight Slider to Customization?

Users who are viewing this thread

One thing I noticed when I created my first character, the character creation menus don't have a body weight / Body build slider. I can't make my character skinny, ripped or significantly fat, it's kind of a bummer! The addition of a character body weight / Body types for character customization would be much appreciated in future updates.

It's possible that the way the gear is setup is that adding those kind of sliders would take a lot of work. Far as I remember the height slider merely scales your character, so i don't think they actuallysupport that kind of deformation?

While I to would love to see an option to adjust the 'bulk' of your character, either muscle or fat, I understand that implementing character editing like that can be quite difficult with a game like this. However, if it is something they could potentially add in, it would be a welcomed sight.

My character start musculate and now he is very skinny. I guess you can't choose because that changes due to the environment
Same here, if you paste your characters key from the face creator you can see his current weight and muscularity. My character went from 0.6 "build" (which is the muscularity stat) to 0.1, maybe because I have low combat stats ?

They absolutely do. During closed beta they tweaked the character T H I C C ness a few times. They definitely have the technology, they probably just haven't worked out the clipping issues enough to feel good about implementing it yet.
Alright, hopefully it'll be a thing eventually then :smile:.. I did think that my guy was starting to look a lil skinny compared to how he started out... thought it was my imagination tbh

I think adding thickness would be a lot of extra work for something that is not really needed. Imo they should just remove the height slider as well (Or reduce the difference between tallest and shortest) since the height differences are already too big.

I just think my character is way too thicc for how I customized his face. I wanted him to look like Gman from half-life, his face is perfect but he's like 350 lbs of pure muscle. It'd definitely be nice to thin down his body size.

The amount of customization they showed during Gamescom some years ago (2016 I think) was far more advanced than what we got during this release. See

I really looked forward to that level of customization.

If you use the command "facegen.show_debug" in the dev console mod, then you can edit the weight/build and age, still decreases over a few days for some reason.

I also noticed it's mostly the shoulder armors where the clipping is really bad, other than that it's pretty epic

The amount of customization they showed during Gamescom some years ago (2016 I think) was far more advanced than what we got during this release. See

I really looked forward to that level of customization.

I think we cant reach those face types right know(very basic atm), and i do want even more than those face characteristics.

There's a lot of work to do for character customization. We should wait :meh:
Seems like there is a lot of work to do for every aspect of the game. Quite frankly, considering what they gave us with 8 years old development, I highly doubt that we'll have something good for the final release in... one year.

Indeed.
The character customization, although nicely done, definitely has a loot more potential.

You are right - this vid from 2016- gave much bigger expectations. Perhaps, like You wrote- there are changes to character's physique according to course of the gameplay - but even if so, it would be niece to have the option of character's starting's physique (i.e. start as a skinny apprentice apprentice who then facing harsh life of Calradia shapes up to look like a cross fitter, or a die hard mercenary who begun to grew fat after becoming a landlord or lazy merchant- this would surely be immersive ; )

Like mentioned above- definitely lot of options to "enrich" character customization: more hair and beard styles (perhaps linked with the factions more for the npc's), possibility to "combine" facial paint/tatoos and scars perhaps (not just selecting one), perhaps adding body tattoos for some cultures- possibilities here are endless.... :wink:

Companions have different weights than the player character default, and armor seems to conform to them fine. Perhaps there are some problems with allowing arbitrary body sizes that need to be worked through first.

I've often wondered about them implementing something similar to what we have on the Nexas with a couple outstanding body replacers that come with sliders and even the ability to remesh / fit all the clothing and armor to the body. I'm talking about CBBE and UNP on NexusMods. Sure it might take a little time but these days mods like those are pillars for the gaming community.

Same here, if you paste your characters key from the face creator you can see his current weight and muscularity. My character went from 0.6 "build" (which is the muscularity stat) to 0.1, maybe because I have low combat stats ?
Where do you find or paste your character key? Was trying to figure this most wanted feature from previous games but havent found it.

Where do you find or paste your character key? Was trying to figure this most wanted feature from previous games but havent found it.

Press control c when you're in the character creation screen (which you can open from the campaing map by pressing v) then press control v when youre in notepad to see the key. ALso press control v in the char creation screen to paste a key in.

Back
Top Bottom