Bans for in-game chat

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about inside the game.

People have been banned inside the game (I believe) for hate speech, and I'm sure for official servers it'll stay that way. How it's managed now? I'm unsure, but people have indeed been punished for their actions. They may not have a definitive process right now (it seems), but it will come.

People have been banned inside the game (I believe) for hate speech, and I'm sure for official servers it'll stay that way. How it's managed now? I'm unsure, but people have indeed been punished for their actions. They may not have a definitive process right now (it seems), but it will come.
I hope that's true. I'd really like to see a detailed breakdown of what systems they have in place and what systems they hope to implement as time goes on for punishments.

even as a system is developed and finalised i'll doubt you'll see a detailed breakdown, that's usually counterproductive as some people just use it as an excuse to practice rules lawyering.

i do hope they make a robust system though, and obviously it should be talked about that one exists when they do.

Hey, I'm not really interested in arguing about why it makes me feel unwelcome in a gaming community if the company behind the game implicitly endorses hate speech.
TaleWorlds not banning everyone you personally consider to be using Hate Speech isn't an endorsement of anything, that's ridiculous.

Just know that it does, and that most normal people feel the same way.
And now you're implying that people who don't think the same way as you aren't normal. When are you getting banned since you've now hurt my feelings?

That is the choice being made -- cater to racists and other bigots, or have a community where the rest of us feel welcome.
It is never that simple, as you plain well know. Letting people communicate in a way one may not like is not the same as catering/pandering to something.

Please ban opening poster. He hurt my feeling, and he act as racist dividing people. Moreover, he deem everyone who disagree with him as bigot, which is sign of bigotry and lack of tolerance. Please ban him from the forum and from the game. /s

It is bit sarcastic, but there is bit too much truth. <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Please ban opening poster. He hurt my feeling, and he act as racist dividing people. Moreover, he deem everyone who disagree with him as bigot, which is sign of bigotry and lack of tolerance. Please ban him from the forum and from the game. /s

It is bit sarcastic, but there is bit too much truth. <snip>

Yikes.

There is a clear line of what sensible behavior is. Everyone should be free to express their opinion, but not at the expense of others. Honestly, I don't think a video game community is an ideal place for discussing important political issues to bring about change in society. I view it more as a private club, with community enforced standards, separate from real life. Just as you cannot enter a club without a dress code etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
You play a game where you split other races heads open with steel weapons simply because they are not your race. But you are butt hurt at some text on a screen about races... Maybe you should find a safe space game more to your flavor? Just an observation.

Yikes.

There is a clear line of what sensible behavior is. Everyone should be free to express their opinion, but not at the expense of others. Honestly, I don't think a video game community is an ideal place for discussing important political issues to bring about change in society. I view it more as a private club, with community enforced standards, separate from real life. Just as you cannot enter a club without a dress code etc.

I like this a lot! I play games to relax, not to deal with trolls. The line between banter and harassment is pretty clear in my opinion. It's just a matter of common sense. And good mods will be able to enforce it properly.

There is a clear line of what sensible behavior is.
The fact that we're having this conversation, and that I've had this exact same conversation/argument in now 4 different threads in the last 4 years on this forum alone tells me, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that what is or isn't "sensible" is entirely subjective.

Everyone should be free to express their opinion, but not at the expense of others.
How do you measure that expense, however? There's no objective measurement of hurt feelings, and if there was it would be entirely relative.

Honestly, I don't think a video game community is an ideal place for discussing important political issues to bring about change in society.
I agree, and yet that is exactly what the perpetually offended retributionists are doing by trying to get people who disagree with them banned.

The fact that we're having this conversation, and that I've had this exact same conversation/argument in now 4 different threads in the last 4 years on this forum alone tells me, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that what is or isn't "sensible" is entirely subjective.
Subjective, sure. Apparent to any reasonable person, also yes. The fact that you are not a reasonable person is no concern of ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom