Is there an MMR system?

Users who are viewing this thread

For the quick play matches, does anyone know if there's a hidden MMR rating of any sort to be matched with people closer to your skill, or is who you're matched up with completely random?

Agree, having players run into stacks is not a good way to retain steady playerbase. Even a basic MMR system would do wonders for the time being.

I don't enjoy playing games with 0.2 hour players and they don't like playing against me.

Basic ELO shouldn't be that hard to implement unless matchmaking has some truly bizarre stuff behind it.

Just not a priority until enough people start asking about it.

I don't enjoy playing games with 0.2 hour players and they don't like playing against me.

Basic ELO shouldn't be that hard to implement unless matchmaking has some truly bizarre stuff behind it.

Just not a priority until enough people start asking about it.
Even if enough people start asking about it, it's unlikely with TW track record.

Please for the love of god, add this. Playing MM right now feels pointless. 95% of games are either stomping new players who are utterly clueless, or you're up against an experienced stack with new players.

I genuinely don't know how you managed that, majority of the time I end up in a game with people who don't even seem to understand what the objective is, nevermind fighting. Not a fun experience for me or them, and I'm afraid a lot of potential players might be scared away from MP early on.

I'm sure there will be MMR and a ranked system in the future, but there's more pressing issues and features that should have priority, regardless of how simple MMR implementation is.
idk how you can leave that out in first place even if its early access. Dont put a competitive mode into the game then...

If there was an alternative to this game..

idk how you can leave that out in first place even if its early access. Dont put a competitive mode into the game then...

If there was an alternative to this game..

Well, the leveling is clearly a placeholder. Since there's no ranked, theres no real need for MMR at the moment, it's best to work on other issues before that comes around. If leveling provided some sort of benefit, then sure, an MMR system right now could work, but at the moment leveling is just a number.

I'm sure there will be MMR and a ranked system in the future, but there's more pressing issues and features that should have priority, regardless of how simple MMR implementation is.

It probably shouldn't be priority number one, but I think something that would help with a significant amount of matches being unfun one-sided stomps should be fairly high in the priority list.

don't think so, skirmish is unplayable because every match is a one-sided stomp. even something simply based on K/D and limiting how many players can stack together would be a temporary fix before a better, more complicated system is implemented.

Well, the leveling is clearly a placeholder. Since there's no ranked, theres no real need for MMR at the moment, it's best to work on other issues before that comes around. If leveling provided some sort of benefit, then sure, an MMR system right now could work, but at the moment leveling is just a number.
thats the sad part that there are so many other issues

and ye cant remember when i actually last played a good game

don't think so, skirmish is unplayable because every match is a one-sided stomp. even something simply based on K/D and limiting how many players can stack together would be a temporary fix before a better, more complicated system is implemented.

Yes, limiting groups is an easy fix, it kinda worked before, it can work now. Pretty sure that feature has been implemented (since it was there in the beta), turn that sucker on and you're good to go.

Yes, limiting groups is an easy fix, it kinda worked before, it can work now. Pretty sure that feature has been implemented (since it was there in the beta), turn that sucker on and you're good to go.

Even tho I'm rather desperate for a solution for unbalanced matches and stacking I really think that just stopping players from queuing up together is a classic case of the cure being worse than the disease. Without meaning any offense, it rather surprises me how many people in these forums seem to find it a reasonable idea to just stop people from playing MP with friends, which for a lot of people can be the entire point of multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom