Someone Missed Decimal Place

Users who are viewing this thread

A lot of the issues with the game feel like someone added or missed a zero somewhere they should have.

- There is no way in Hell you are only supposed to get 15 gold from defeating an enemy party as a merc. 150 or even 1500 seems more reasonable. The contract should be a wage subsidy like it was in Warband rather than a reward per party anyways.

- Crossbows costing 20k is obviously a fluke. I hope...

- After 20 hours of play, I've just reached level 10. I've also never seen a companion level up. Not saying it needs to be increased by a factor of ten but I think it needs significant buffing

- Woodshops. What more is there to say?

- Passive training does ****all. It should be relatively easy to train troops to tier 3 or so outside of combat. Instead you have to hunt down looters to pop like some sort of XP balloon.

I've heard people say that the reason for the glacial progression is because they want you to use your heir when your first PC gets too old, but I really don't see the appeal in playing in a world where all the original, custom characters have died and all you are left with is randomly-generated potato-heads.

I don't think woodworks are as good now after the patch. I've made one and it was only making me 50 denars per day.

Though the crossbow price is really weird. And it's only one model, too! In warband there was a whole class of them, like bannerlord has many kinds of bows. Maybe they're still going to implement it? Anyway, it seems to me that it's more advantageous to use a bow than to use a crossbow at the moment.

Last edited:
I don't think woodworks are as good now after the patch. I've made one and it was only making me 50 denars per day.

Though the crossbow price is really weird. And it's only one model, too! In warband there was a whole class of them, like bannerlord has many kinds of bows. Maybe they're still going to implement it? Anyway, it seems to me that it's more advantageous to use a bow than to use a crossbow at the moment.

So when you upgrade an infantry to crossbowman, they are getting 20k worth of kit! Hey mange, can I have a lend of that xbow?

Another place it feels like this is the Khuzait Heavy Lancer. The Khuzati Lancer has only one skill below 45 and that is crossbows when it upgrades to the Heavy Khuzati Lancer this drastically changes. The Heavy Khuzati Lancer only has one skill above 20 which is riding at 70 which was previously 100.

Regarding merc payments, you actually also get paid even for destroying bandit parties. With that being said, it's still very poorly thought-out giving a small flat payment for all contributions rather than pay relative to what you actually do or the strength you provide to a faction. Warband's system that pretty much paid off your party's wage was also flawed since players could simply not help their faction at all and still make money. Being a mercenary clan in Bannerlord apparently causes your influence you gain in a faction to occasionally be converted into money, but it currently doesn't seem to be very consistent or worthwhile although if they expanded on this system I think it could work better than what we have now and what was in Warband.

FYI I don't think you actually get money per fight, it just pays you 10-15 gold per day (check your expenses). The game also says "mercenary clans cash out their influence for gold periodically" but that's never happened for me yet.

Warband's system that pretty much paid off your party's wage was also flawed since players could simply not help their faction at all and still make money.
I don't think Warband's system paid off my party's wage. It recall getting a weekly payment of ~500 for my army that cost 1500. The point is that I'm entitled to loots from the battles, even though diminished due to "sharing" with friendly armies, is still safer if I were to go at lords from other Kingdoms alone. Though I did feel the merc system in WFAS was slightly better as it was paid based on the number of enemies I defeated, unfortunately I had to go ask for the payment from the king myself every week. Also if I did not answer the marshal's summons in that game, I was basically branded an outlaw to that faction.

As for Bannerlord, it makes sense to me if there's a down-payment of roughly equal to 1/3 or 1/4 of the pay for the duration of the contract (once they got it fixed, that is), and the player gets gold per battle for the faction based on the total daily salary of the army. So if the contract is one season, in game that's what, 30 days? If the devs expect the player to defeat at least 1 enemy party per day, just divide the daily cost of the player army by 30 and times 2/3 or 3/4 to get the payment per battle. So now the players gotta fight enough battle to make the rest of the money to pay for your troops as well as making a profit from loot and stuff.

- Crossbows costing 20k is obviously a fluke. I hope...

Some bows had that price too, 30k+
It has to do with the stupid Tier-System i guess.
A T-4 is not much worse than a T-6 bow (why the **** do we need Tiers anyway? in single player? Maybe make it even more un-immersive and arcady by just name it after the gamecode), but the price multiplicator is alot higher.

Armour seems reasonable, despite the fact that i could puke with the Tier-Numbers there too, a leather cap is around 200 and a iron helmet around 2000 worth, thats fine.
Same goes for the rare chainmail you find, roughly 5-6k is completly fine for such a piece of armour.

Yeah I agree with all your points. I don't know who did the balancing, but they must be playing a wildly different version, theyre all actually bugs, or they havent actually been playtesting at all.

I refuse to believe someone can make the conscious decision to give the player 10 or 15 denars per party defeated. Seriously :lol: I only hope these things were mistakes.
A better question is why are you going to keep playing at all when the game wins itself after a dozen hours.
That's a much more complicated balancing issue. I think it has something to do with clans flipping sides. Not sure if people have noticed, but they are doing this really often. And an entire clan flipping can mean several lords.

Not that this solves any of your issues, but I think you can edit your character at any time. So if you did end up playing as your heir, I think you could change the way the character looks at any time.

Back
Top Bottom