Which faction will you join, and who do you want to fight?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry that was a typo, what i meant to ask is why The 3 factions are NOT at war.. So far only north and Western are at war while the South is at peace. Why is The South empire at peace when everyone else betrayed them?

I got this information from Gamescom i believe, maybe this is outdated and I do hope that is The case because to Me it makes no sense for 1 faction to not be at war.. Especially The empress.

I feel like it's probably a case of cold war. Nominally, the power is with the empress. Or her child, more specifically. Thus, neither other faction is quite ready to openly declare against the Southern Empire just yet. They are, however, more than happy to suss out their beef with one another through force of arms. Their feud likely started while they were still paying lip service to Arenicos' heir, and both sides are reluctant to drag the ruler many view as proper and legitimate into that feud until one of them has gained sufficient ground on the other.

The empress, for her part, lacks the authority to call them to heel under threat of force. She wasn't the ruler, her husband was. Worse than that, she's a foreigner, which hurts her own legitimacy. Until her daughter comes of age and takes the throne for herself, she probably figures any attempts to exert that authority would just harm the South's immediate position by giving the other factions a just cause to resist her.

Last edited:
I feel like it's probably a case of cold war. Nominally, the power is with the empress. Or her child, more specifically. Thus, neither other faction is quite ready to openly declare against the Southern Empire just yet. They are, however, more than happy to suss out their beef with one another through force of arms. Their feud likely started while they were still paying lip service to Arenicos' heir, and both sides are reluctant to drag the ruler many view as proper and legitimate into that feud until one of them has gained sufficient ground on the other.
This makes a lot of sense and gave me a sense of relief when looking at it from your perspective. Thank you sir!

Take over western empire, crush the corrupt senators, unify with south through marrying emperors daughter. an proceed to tame the filthy barbarian nations

Inappropriate behavior
Battania I just love the Longbow and 2h Longsword

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry that was a typo, what i meant to ask is why The 3 factions are NOT at war.. So far only north and Western are at war while the South is at peace. Why is The South empire at peace when everyone else betrayed them?

I got this information from Gamescom i believe, maybe this is outdated and I do hope that is The case because to Me it makes no sense for 1 faction to not be at war.. Especially The empress.

If someone else have confirmed and updated information regarding this, please feel free to put me in my place and correct me. Because it would only make me a happier man. ?

PS: Please no rumors or uncomfirmed opinions ??
Haha fair enough

Loyalist to the Empire/Queen.
Fight whoever threatens said empire.

Then a barbaric raider type of Battanian variety. Attack any in my way.

Then a sneaky trader type of no specific nation. Attack whoever/whatever gains me more merchantile power.

I just remembered that there's supposed to be better criminal options (they showed these way back in 2016!). Maybe I'll join one of the Empires and try destabilizing the others through crime.

My problem is that I don't like the Empire's aesthetics, but they feel like the defacto starting faction. I want to play as Vlandia for the classical medieval feel, but it feels like every choice other than one of the empires is canonically wrong :/

I think you're making that distinction in your head, friend. M&B has always been about doing exactly what you want in an open and fun sandbox. I'm sure Bannerlord will be the same.

Empire does have a shorter term goal than just "conquer everything" (reunite the Empires and Valandia), and balanced troops. That's all I can see though.

Aserai and Im not interested in anything else. I would like to kill some khuzaits because Aserai fast horse counter horse archers.
Honestly I wish there can be more variety of factions like a japanese one, Chinese one, and African one, but that's not gonna happen.

I think you're making that distinction in your head, friend. M&B has always been about doing exactly what you want in an open and fun sandbox. I'm sure Bannerlord will be the same.
You're probably right, but the magic of sandboxing is writing your own story, and those can be as meta as you would like them to be. In my story, Empire is boring to play as :razz:

I'll, of course, give them a go, but don't think it will be my first run

First time round I plan on joining no one and seeing how I can influence wars and politics with money and persuasion and deceit

Edit: aka I want to play as littlefinger

I just remembered that there's supposed to be better criminal options (they showed these way back in 2016!). Maybe I'll join one of the Empires and try destabilizing the others through crime.
I've been thinking about doing a campaign where I don't join any factions and just build an international crime syndicate.

If someone else have confirmed and updated information regarding this, please feel free to put me in my place and correct me. Because it would only make me a happier man. ?

PS: Please no rumors or uncomfirmed opinions ??
Also,the S. Empire is at war with the Aserai. Most likely the sand people are trying to take advantage of the split in the Empire.

I’m really not sure which faction I would eventually join.
I plan on exploring Bannerlord’s Calradia and speaking to characters and learning about the politics from them.
Im hoping that rulers and claimants have personalities with more depth than warband, as I think that would influence my decision.

Culture-wise, Sturgia is the most Slavic and therefore I relate more to that faction. I may perhaps serve a sturgian clan/family that borders Vlandia as I also like that culture.
I’ll probably look to become friendly with Battania though too.

Back
Top Bottom