Recent content by Zoonanay

1. Please remove the Bound Crossbow

TW was misled by someone from the community to do this(that someone pops out of nowhere with no real life experience, watches a few of Todd's Workshop videos and then claims to be an expert).
    Crossbow usable distance should be at a shorter distance than the best performing bow, but should hit hard. Light crossbows should deliver similar distances but be less powerful.
    edit: for those naysayers or those wanting to ask what I'm smoking, the proof is in the pudding. From time to time TW will implement something they see from the community.

A crossbow bolt at the heaviest weighs less than 600 grain, meanwhile a war arrow can weigh 1200 grain.

A traditional European war bow can draw anywhere from 130-210 pounds, a heavy siege crossbow anywhere from 700-1300 pounds.

Crossbows deliver more kinetic energy on an object that is lighter, undoubtedly they would have a greater maximum range assuming the aerodynamic properties are similar, which they are.

A light crossbow would not have a greater range than a heavy siege crossbow, the comparison in poundage (150-350/1300) and bolt weight (350/500), shows a significant loss in poundage for a minimal decrease in projectile weight.

Light crossbows were designed with the premise of faster reloads, perhaps not requiring mechanical assistance and being hand loaded. These would generally be used in hunting, attempting to use one on a medieval battlefield or siege would be a rather dire sign of desperation.
  2. Deleted the game and will not come back until at least something changes

Horse archery is decent but requires retreating back to refill arrows, which feels pretty cheesy to me, otherwise the limited number of arrows you can carry evens it out for me.

I can kill far more on foot with a swinging polearm or long two hander than on horseback, bow or otherwise. Being so close to both enemy and allied troops makes it harder for ranged units to target you as well.

If I'm horseback with lance I can target Lords and high value targets and one-shot them, something that's far harder on foot, which I feel is pretty fairly balanced with the increased risk from velocity bonus and being more exposed in general.

Haven't played Native for a long time though, so maybe looters are death machines there. Games terrible without mods anyway, plenty I use solve that problem pretty easily, so I'd just recommend use mods and give up on TW changing these things.
  3. When ranked multiplayer will be ok?

Ranked should've been there from the beginning or not at all. Whole point was to keep experienced players away from the hordes of new players figuring out what a block is. By the time it did come, the new players had long since got bored of the 2 semi-functional gamemodes and 1 broken gamemode provided, none of which were particularly good at teaching new players how to play the game.
  4. About updates and mods and blablabla

I feel like the price of the game is justified. In this new generation of inflated game prices, it's nice to see a reasonably priced game. That said, mods add a ton of content that should have been present on final release.

Give this game as much time as Warband had to stew and I'm sure it will be a different game in another 4-5 yrs post release along with any DLC taleworlds will add. Everyone will say it shouldn't take so much time but this was kind of the same with Warband, took forever before taleworlds was finished with balancing and features, and then modders unleashed on it.

Can't justify the small updates which change nothing but break game for mods (although most mods that work with v1.1.x work with the newer updates for me but it can be tricky).

Don't think you can really compare Warband and Bannerlord's development anymore.

Warband came out 2 years after its predecessor, Bannerlord came out 12 years later.

Warband was already producing its DLC Napoleonic Wars 6 months after official release, Bannerlord still lacks features promised in 2018 with a plethora of game-breaking glitches to choose from.

I know what you mean about Warband, particularly SP, being buggy at release but most of those issues were fixed within months not years.

I would not expect Bannerlord to have substantial changes, without experienced developers or even simply people familiar with how the codebase was developed the project is simply ****ed. You can throw 100 interns at a brick wall, all you're gonna get is graduate jam.
  5. Guys save multiplayer for xbox?

PC is probably more dead than console, at least Native anyway. Don't think you'd get many new faces.

The server crashing was expected to be fixed in months, unfortunately we had to wait for mod support three years later, only for modders to fix in weeks problems TW had spent years telling us were "impractical" or "technically impossible".

Your best chance is to get mod support and functionality however unrealistic that goal may be for console systems, without it the game you've got is the game you're getting sadly.
  6. Skein, Column and Scatter Formations are useless

I found it works better with a small group of cav with swinging polearms, as it gives more time for them to hit the archers. They also get hit a lot more so it's probably not worth it.

Hadn't thought of trying with menav cav, though I'd worry that without a shield they'd turn porcupine pretty quick. Depending on how heavy you want to be microing, you can have the cav shield wall then switch column as you're about to impact. Might soften a few casualties here and there. Definitely more for disruption than killing.
  7. Skein, Column and Scatter Formations are useless

I tryed it a few times but cav seems to ride a lot slower when in column, you just tell them to follow and ride along the archers?
    Yeah run down the line with follow command, works well for one charge to either deal some damage or to disrupt formation. Careful getting overconfident though, archers will be aiming for you second time round if you come in too soon after the first, with the velocity bonus you're adding with horse speed its an easy way to get one shot.

Works best in smaller battles (as do cavalry in general imo) or as a last resort against an enemies superior archers.
  8. Skein, Column and Scatter Formations are useless

Scatters useful for pushing enemy archers after you've wiped their inf, stops them slowing down to stay in formation and I find making distance faster reduces casualties more than keeping formation like shieldwall or line.

Columns good for cav if you're charging enemy archer formations perpendicularly, stops the furthest wings getting caught on enemy infantry too.

Can't really find any use for Skein though, if I'm charging cavalry into infantry its probably for the morale damage which is more potent if they all hit at once rather than in a staggered wing.
  9. Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Idk, Persistent Empires is implemented well on a technical standpoint... But on a gameplay level I don't think the modders know what to do with it. Too many rules being broken with no in-game consequences for it.

It's version 0.1, I'd imagine technical and server stability issues are their priority right now. I'm impressed they've managed to achieve 500 player stability with the night terror that must be that spaghetti code. More effective moderation systems will eventually be developed, but considering the mess that game is I wouldn't expect it quickly.
  10. When will you start actively dealing with cheaters in multiplayer?

Understood but I prefer a controller and pretty sure PC has the most cheaters/exploit/hackers. Not saying bannerlord but just in general. I'm definitely going to keep playing although the spinning in the guide from last reply doesn't appear to have a limit like it states

Alot of PC games are rampant with hackers, so that's fair enough. The guide linked before is from 2009, safe to say anything described in there isn't considered an exploit, or it'd have been patched a very long time ago.

Also, bear in mind, alot of the people you're facing may have played this game for a decade. Some have thousands, even tens of thousands of hours of gameplay experience. It'll take quite some time to catch up to them.
  11. When will you start actively dealing with cheaters in multiplayer?

Sure do and I'm actually very good until someone has to switch to keyboard and mouse to beat me.

I've seen chamberblock pop up on my screen. I'm really just talking about me blocking someone and them swinging again before I can even lower my shield

Console players being disadvantaged isn't new. It applies to almost every game, it's why "Aim Assist" doesn't exist on PC. If you don't want disadvantage, I'd recommend not using twiddle sticks. Or play a game where it is an advantage, like Rocket League.

The games mechanics are very interlayered and complex, for example "perfect" blocking, where you block just before the attack hits. This will stun your opponent longer after their attack and makes you faster to counter-attack. These things aren't immediatley obvious and are why M and B has such a steep learning curve but might help explain your experiences.

One thing I can say though is in 11 years of playing this series of games I've seen less hackers than I can count on one hand. And even then they were basic auto-blockers which even in Warband without the relativistic blocking in Bannerlord, was pretty ineffective. In Bannerlord, such a hack is even less effective due to any blocking direction theoretically being able to block any attack.
  12. the grund grind: a salty mutliplayer suggestion+complainment "thread"

Development has completed. The recent patch notes show how few sprints are available for MP, "lobby server performance" and some asset removals aren't relevant considering the state of the server codebase.

Deep down in the depths of Armagans filthy little pocketses there was a precious, but you're gonna turn into Gollum looking for it.
  13. Most most pressing multiplayer issues.

It's to terrible that 48,000 people are playing it regularly, making it the 22nd most played game on Steam OH NO, game ded!
    I'll admit there are some issues that need to be resolved, specifically on the multiplayer front, but they have been doing a pretty good job of fixing issues the last couple updates eliminated pretty much all my problems with the game, and If you give them good feedback they will fix your problem aswell. Getting all dramatic and angry isn't helping anyone.
    Servers crash as frequently as they did two years ago. The regular players are almost entirely single player, they give no relfection on the quality of the multiplayer experience. That experience not even being accessible to some users, even now after official release.

Although perhaps that's some hero at TW trying to save whoever they can at this point.
  14. Do devs play their own game?

I don't think Turks are lazy (maybe they are, I don't know), but we know the company culture is easy-going and you can get away with poor performance. Poor management oversight is the problem here and this likely gets worse when people work from home. Salaries are also lower compared to non-game industry jobs, but this is the same everywhere.

Agreed, I think poor management is also the leading issue here. Especially considering how many of the few english speaking dev's spend much of their own time on the forums, which suggests quite a large degree of personal commitment and conscientious'.
  15. Do devs play their own game?

mexxico complained about Covid being a significant factor as most of them stayed home.
    Now imagine how a company that has lax work ethics already and low productivity, sends its employees to work from home. Their performance would hit new lows and very little will be done, because management lets it slide.
    At least this means that now they are back in office, the holidays are over and more work is being done.

I hadn't taken work ethics and cultural norms into account, good point. I hear Turkey's wage for software development is pretty poor, and payments can be delayed for months or even years, leading to massive wage losses due to Turkey's horrific inflation rate.

It's a shame not all companies respect skilled and specialized employees, I've always found paying someone extra for that little more commitment cost-efficient long-term, compared to scraping as much revenue out of underpaid staff which is akin to pulling teeth, but that may be a observer bias.
Back
Top Bottom