1. Zombie Warrior

Who of the old guard are still around?

You're all old pfft! Meanwhile I am still very much new :wink:
  2. Zombie Warrior

Darker Than Blue Forum Theme

Obligatory new version for fixing broken stuff. Log:
    - Fixes login
    - Fixes article author
    - Borderless is now the only variant that will be maintained from now on.
  3. Zombie Warrior

SP - General Dual Wielding

Ye Return of Ye Age Olde Debate
  4. Zombie Warrior

Ukraine Today

You can go and buy an HMMWV, even as a civilian. It's just a car, and a pretty ****ty ride at that. I could go get one tomorrow, paint a little Ukrainian flag on it, and roll it into a ditch for a photo op. Look at me, I'm Peter Propaganda.
    :lol:
    Orion Private Army confirmed!

you know, you could just buy a bunch of toyota trucks and equip the passengers with rpgs. DIY Tanks! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_War
  5. Zombie Warrior

why only my party can't move fast?

It's not that parties move fast, it's that time is faster, so parties move "fast". In fact, parties still have the same speed, they just appear faster because time is accelerated.
  6. Zombie Warrior

why only my party can't move fast?

I don't think you can speed up and move at the same time in the first game. Speeding up in the first game was meant for when you have long waiting times doing nothing. I don't think they anticipated people would want fast travel. That's something they introduced in Warband iirc.

But I could be wrong, it's been a very long time.
  7. Zombie Warrior

TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Getting rid of twitter is almost like getting rid of email (or more comparably, fax). Sure the companies involved could all just collectively get their act together, but removing another avenue of communication is beneficial to nobody, even if it also silences the most obnoxious people online in the process.
    Mastodon can easily replace Twitter.
  8. Zombie Warrior

Une insjustice totale !

Je suis surpris mais pas surpris en même temps, vu tout ce que j'ai ouï dire sur Bannerlord. Mes sympathies pour ton amusement qui est maintenant gâché. Ça doit être rageant.
  9. Zombie Warrior

LOTR: Rings of Power (Amazon)

Beyond that, I think it's hilarious how much the non-white actors are upsetting people. :ROFLMAO:
    From what I've seen, it's only a very small minority of the negative criticism that was blown out of proportions. Understandbly, reactions like yours by more famous people have spurred anger and criticisms of their own for delegitimizing any criticism the show receives. Personally, I don't care that much, but I think this kind of simplification of people's reactions to Rings of Power is kind of mean and insincere.

there's like a dozen different stories you could do if you had full access to the writings (eg also children of húrin as the other big one), including two separate ones being used for this show that could each be easily fleshed out into their own thing (the making of the rings, and the fall of númenor).
    I don't think those stories are easily adaptable into live actions or movies because they lack either enough content or pacing for a movie. The adaptations would and should suck. I feel only Beren and Luthien and, as you say, Children of Húrin have enough content and pacing to be reasonably adapted. Most second age stuff especially occurs over hundreds of years. They are very interesting stories in a book, but I fear they wouldn't be that good on the silver screen.
  10. Zombie Warrior

LOTR: Rings of Power (Amazon)

I feel that it is very difficult to deliver something good with that universe when the two main stories already got adapted. What else from Tolkien's universe can be turned into a movie or live action series except perhaps Beren and Luthien's story?
  11. Zombie Warrior

Old SMF forum backup closing down

It would be nice if we could download the backup, but I suspect that it's not going to happen. There are several good reasons that I can think of too.
  12. Zombie Warrior

La Taverne : "Du rhum, des femmes, de la bière nom de Dieu..."

Salut Daneel!
    Ça fait longtemps, comment vas-tu?

J'ai essayé Discord, mais j'aimes pas trop. Les messages se perdent dans le néant et tout est instantané et chaotique. Le QI moyen d'une personne sur Discord est très bas comparé à une personne sur un forum. Je ne comprends pas comment Discord peut remplacer un forum non plus; je comprends pour les autres services de clavardages comme IRC, Slack, Chatango, TeamSpeak, MSN, Skype, etc, mais un chat et un forum ne sont pas les mêmes choses. C'est vraiment bizarre. Mais bon, t'as probablement raison. Je ne comprends juste vraiment pas et je ne suis pas un vieux nostalgique. C'est pas comme si Discord a inventé le clavardage. Ça existait bien avant Discord, alors pourquoi déserte-t'on les forums maintenant?
  13. Zombie Warrior

La Taverne : "Du rhum, des femmes, de la bière nom de Dieu..."

Mon dieu c'est triste de voir la taverne aussi déserte. Je place le blâme sur Bannerlord, qui n'a pas eu la même capacité à garder la communauté active longtemps.
  14. Zombie Warrior

TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

The Depp-Heard case was so complex I didn't side with anyone. Sounded like a mutually abusive partnership.
    But terrible to learn how Heard made up the allegations, and how she now keeps pretending to be the victim.
    Same. I couldn't find myself to take a side or really understand what was happening. However, I didn't follow closely the case. I figured it was more celebrity drama and I consider my time too precious to burden myself with those kind of american news
    The EU is saved

cDm8R.png
    :lol:
    Looks a lot like this:
    Canadian_8f1fe2_2901822.jpg
Back
Top Bottom