Recent content by Zeus1257

1. Zeus1257

Imported Mesh has normals facing the wrong direction in editor despite being correct in the model

I've managed to get it to work, i exported it with a new name and imported it as a new asset, and it works fine now. I had originally taken just the part that was messing up and exported it on its own, and then i went back and merged the rest with it again and then tried to reimport that, but it didn't actually change at all in the resource browser or when opened in the mesh editor. it seems like the reimporting just...didn't work?
  2. Zeus1257

Imported Mesh has normals facing the wrong direction in editor despite being correct in the model

having a bit of a weird issue bringing in a new mesh in the bannerlord tools. I have a model of a helmet I've exported from blender as an fbx file, which ive imported into my module. however, a large portion of the helmet has its normals the wrong way around. this is despite the mesh having them...
  3. Zeus1257

Question about making spear + shield more viable for AI armies.

Well, I've managed to decently balance out some spear infantry now, using a fairly simple little hacky solution. I've taken the shortened spear and created a slightly buffed version that has lower reach (by quite a bit) which means that they'll be much more able to hit enemies in close combat. I also have two spear attack direction set up in my module, so combined that creates a pretty capable system. My plan is to have any spear infantry that are meant to be focused on fighting other infantry use these (they won't be purchasable or anything either). Even though the spear is longer than the reach now, it never really looks bad because the AI still get so close to use them.

I'm still going to mess with them some more, and see what else can be done to balance them out. Thanks for the suggestions as well, I'm going to try some of that stuff that I can as well.
  4. Zeus1257

Question about making spear + shield more viable for AI armies.

I've recently been working on a singleplayer mod for Warband, and one faction right now uses spears + shields on most of their infantry. However, with the way Warband works, spears used onehanded by AI tend to be a bit...useless. Since AI soldiers like to run in as close to an enemy as feasibly...
  5. Zeus1257

OSP Dark Ages 3D Art Zeus' Norman/Viking Style Helmets

Overview: This is a small pack of three helmets I've made as part of a mod I'm currently making. They're based on various Norman and Viking helmets. They are not perfect or 100% historically accurate (the project they're made for is fantasy) but I think they're decent enough and quite close to...
  6. Zeus1257

Official 3D art thread - Warband

Yeah, I think that's the reason. The inside of the Sallet itself and the visor both have the same amount of faces on the inside as they do on the outside.

EDIT: Upon further inspection, I was completely wrong about it having 2700 faces. In fact, it only has 700 at the moment, including all the separate parts. I had extra stuff in the base file for that sallet, and had not removed all of them, and thus got an incorrect count.
  7. Zeus1257

Ah, okay. At the moment mine has about 2,700 faces. That's a lot to do with how I've got the visor, helmet, and stuff separate, and because they're 'solid' and not just one layer of faces. (Though the bevor is just one layer)
  8. Zeus1257

Slytacular said:
    Very cool! Don't be afraid to use the knife tool (or something similar) and cut some shapes to define the lips of the sallet. While it is nice to have low poly, you have lots of room to further add edge loops to the sallet to make the piece more rounded and believable. Even one subdivision level on that sallet would still bring the poly amount to a very healthy level. Your current piece is very top-down RTS friendly.

https://skfb.ly/6txBC

texture maps for Total War and sketchfab shaders don't go well together, but here is my sallet for comparison (I have to redo the rivets).

Thanks! I'll definitely try to add some more details along it, though I'm not sure about adding another subdivision level. The main thing is that with how it's set up right now I'd have to do that very manually, and that'd be a bit tedious :razz:. But adding more details in certain areas to make things look better is something I'll try. I'll also probably add some more details just to the texture (like some little rivets along the sides.)
  9. Zeus1257

Tried my hand at another helmet, this one being a Sallet.

I think it's quite a bit better than my last one. I didn't make this one so low poly, and I tried to do more with the texture details. Still not too great at texturing though.

Render:
    yusqGUv.png

xVZ9xRj.png

2bJA9II.png

I've got it set up where some parts can be rotated, to easily make opened versions and such. Also can be helpful for making different variants of the helmet (like one without a bevor or visor). Haven't put one ingame yet though.

Ingame:
    hikJwmd.jpg

6BnpLau.jpg

DGSjt9U.jpg

eaRgIE3.jpg

HSYR2vY.jpg
  10. Zeus1257

SacredStoneHead said:
    I'm pretty certain that there's no need to be so conservative with the polycount in this day and age, it's too low even for Warband standards.

Yeah, I think the 'dome' part of the helmet particularly looks a bit too low poly.

I decided to make a higher poly version of just that part, and I think it looks a lot better. It makes the shading on that part of the helmet look quite a ways better, too, I think.

Ingame:
    HpV5eMF.png

kkswTeH.png

A render of it and another variant from before with the higher poly top:
    CadgUjG.png

ypG14Hc.png
  11. Zeus1257

Used to do a fair bit of modding Warband quite some time ago, and recently have been doing lots of 3d modeling so I thought I'd try and put something into Warband to see how it looks. This is a helmet I made, based off of some Norman helmets.

uleybun.png

Coif is not mine, threw it on with openbrf because the helmet looks a bit weird without it.

And some renders of the model in blender, and some other variants of it I've yet to texture. Also based a bit on some Norman Helmets, and some Scandinavian ones too.

cfTQFp6.png

ipgzeAd.png

Certainly not perfect, and could do with more work. Particularly in the textures and maps I think. I've not done much work with completely original textures before, so making the maps for them is something I'm not too great at yet.

If anyone has any tips for the textures that would be very appreciated.
  12. Zeus1257

SP Fantasy [WB] Echoes of a Bygone Age - Help Needed! (Formerly: Shattered Empire)

Michadr said:
    So will you add new features or just stick to new factions/ troops?

There are going to be new features in addition to the factions/troops and whatnot.

FortTell said:
    Those (ERE-influenced?) guys are fire! Esp. the upgraded version with oval shields.

Yup, these guys were heavily influenced by the ERE. Speaking of those guys, I've made some more of them that I've yet to show here in this thread, so here's some more:

C85HMI6.jpg

kxpbZdr.jpg

DtIfFgV.jpg

xmo6tHD.jpg

qvfXfTW.jpg

PYOdmHg.jpg

Also, I've been working on some more of the troops for Vericia, who I started on pretty early on but kind of abandoned.

GHOg7eu.jpg

l1aN6pJ.jpg
  13. Zeus1257

Weird Historical Amour and Weapons

Bluehawk said:
    A narrow (and pointed), jacketed, high velocity round will always penetrate better than a slow, broad, naked, lead sphere. That's why the wounds are "cleaner", they have a greater chance of leaving the body in the same condition they entered it with minimal deformation of the bullet and much of its kinetic energy retained. Exit wounds tend to be wider than entrance wounds due to the fact the bullet is pushing outward rather than inward, but a musket ball hits a broader surface area on contact, often slows to a complete stop in the body, and flattens itself or fragments into multiple pieces which diverge inside the victim.

As far as metal on metal goes, the 20th century cartridges will out-penetrate any muzzle loader, rifled or not. If a matchlock can reliably defeat your plate at a given distance, you should go nowhere near an MG 08/15.

^^^^^^^
  14. Zeus1257

F.F.C._fritz said:
    Man, the next one looks like one of those sci-fi, steam-punk stuff it seems to be so loved nowadays. Or something out of a Wolfenstein game.
    Deans-panoply.jpg

This makes so much sense. Plate went out of style because of bullets punching right through it, so obviously now that bullets are so much more advanced the obvious way to protect soldiers it to dress them up in....plate armor.

:facepalm:

It's really interesting looking at all these armors, I never really knew this stuff about WWI...it's a bit sad actually.

I also found some helmets that look like they were pulled straight from the middle ages:
    tumblr_mgmzygGKGm1r7emyeo4_500.jpg

Mix these with the plate armor from that other picture, get some horses, and you've got some knights ready to get gunned down by machine guns and blown apart by mortars!
  15. Zeus1257

Gestricius said:
    Sidenote : Is it just me, or does it appear as the man in the armour is holding a percussion cap rifle?

Yeah, but wondered about that when I found the picture. Seemed a little odd.
Back
Top Bottom