Recent content by Zarthas

1. Zarthas

v1.2.4-v1.2.5 Balance Changes

Captain mode is improved by the Shield Strength Multiplier tweak, full stop.
    Captain mode is improved by javelins doing extra damage to shields, full stop.
    Captain mode is improved by Throwing Axe changes, and Brigands are now actually very playable for the first time in the history of this game!!!!!

All of these changes are great, well done.

At least in my playthrough, the throwing AI tweaks are mostly good (though still far from perfect.) They do seem to be able to put missiles on a target more often. Throwing missiles at a fleeing enemy or an enemy uphill is still vastly more accurate, though.
    The Friendly Fire problem with throwing troops is still very much in effect. If an AI ever tries to back out of a throw for whatever reason, if they are too far into the throwing ready they will just release the missile in a seemingly random direction as they pivot to their new task. Results in massive intra-unit friendly fire if you are using Hold Fire and Retreat commands, WHICH YOU NEED TO IF YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY SKIRMISHERS.

I have yet to see anyone get unhorsed by one of the unhorsing weapons in this game. I suspect we moved the threshold back too high. The Berserker sledge for example either doesn't actually unhorse anyone, or any hit that would have unhorsed them just kills the horse and rider anyway (at least anecdotally in a few hours of playing since the update.) I've done some 68 damage hits that didn't unhorse anyone.

Unfortunately, even all of this great stuff doesn't seem to have had too much of an impact on the Blunt Heavy Infantry Monoclass meta.
    • If a team has "perfect play" (i.e., full send and engage properly) with 5+ Heavy Infantry, there's still very little anyone can do about it.
      • Skirmishers could now destroy their shields to get some advantage, but the Heavy Infantry meta is to just rush. Destroying shields is actually possible now, even Varyag shields, but takes longer to start having any impact than it does to reach the Skirmishers at a full charge.
      • The game still very much favors the aggressive attacker in almost every situation.
  2. Zarthas

Hey all, fixed the speed damage bug with v1.2.6 but also added the admin panel!
    Nice!!! Any chance of getting a Captain server going? I need to know what these Brigands do to shield peasants now.
  3. Zarthas

Yeah, good change with throwing weapons.

Also considered slowing down crossbow readying time? Trying to stagger them often results in getting kickshot because they ready and shoot so damn fast.
    Maybe consider removing stagger all together but speed up shield bash so it becomes more viable against held attacks/shots and fully steps into the gap that chambers have left.
    That would've been phenomenal honestly. A good solution would have been to have a longer "get bashed" animation than usual if you get hit while you have a ranged weapon out.
  4. Zarthas

• (Already in v1.2.3) Players that have a throwable weapon can now block with a shield without getting staggered. Trying to throw the weapon will, however, still stagger you.
    This is also incredible. We of the Most Revered Order of Skirmishers thank you.

I maintain that Throwing troops should be immune to the proximity allergy that bows and crossbows have, on the grounds that they actually do have a hand to hand weapon in their hand, but this is a very reasonable middle ground.
    It is very funny in the case of Throwing Axes especially, you have to twirl the axe around a little and then become immune to sneezes.
  5. Zarthas

Captain Mode Skirmisher AI Fix

Hello @badbuckle ! In light of your most recent triumphs with Shield Strength Multipliers, I'd like to suggest a low-medium effort solution for the ongoing Skirmisher AI problems in Captain mode. I am the only psychopath I know of that mains Skirmishers in Captain any more. Its common to play...
  6. Zarthas

Captain Mode Shield Strength Multiplier Should Be Reduced

@badbuckle is ****ing bae

we did it lads

7. Zarthas

Captain Mode Changes​

• Decreased the Shield Strength Modifier which applies to all troops from 50% to 25%, making it easier to break shields.
    ****ING MARRY ME BADBUCKLE
  8. Zarthas

Spear Infantry

Archers should not have access to polearms and twohanders at all. That's one of the core issues I have with multiplayer balance at the moment.

Once Khans Guard doesn't have glaive anymore, giving it to Spear Infantry in exchange for its shield seems like an okay option.
    Khan's Guard is definitely the worst offender and I don't think anyone will argue it couldn't use a nerf. Being able to take Glaive and Reinforcement perks in Captain is just a war-crime.

Said this two years ago and I stand by it lol:
  9. Zarthas

Spear Infantry

I agree, Empire has Menavlions, Vlandia has Voulge/Bilhook.

I think the problem is no one would play Spear Inf with Glaive when Khan's Guard exists. Khans can 1v1 any shock unit without firing a shot and win and will murder most Light Infantry as well. (Club Clans can kind of stand a chance if you get them in a tight spot where they can't swing).
    I don't think a Khuzait Shock Infantry would have a job to do that Khan's Guard isn't already better at.
  10. Zarthas

1.1.4 multiplayer fixes

Would you have any balancing suggestions?
    Yes please.

Captain mode has been back at the Heavy Infantry + Blunt weapon meta for a year or so now.

Please reduce the Shield Strength Multiplier for Captain Mode to about half its current value.

Put Javelin bonus damage to shields back on. (Probably not worth the debate)

There's no reason to take axes because you will not be able to destroy enemy shields in any meaningful way.

The overwhelming majority of players of this game don't know the AI will pick up shields from the ground if theirs gets broken because it never happens, as troops die long before their shield could possibly be broken.

Skirmishers could potentially help with the monoclass meta problem and this could give them an actual function to perform in the game:

Collection of other bugs that stop Skirmishers from being effective in Captain now:

11. Zarthas

Cavalry Needs a Nerf

Another post for the pyre.

Give me back my ****ing pikes, TW.
  12. Zarthas

Female animations

they did lol, very strange thing to prioritize right now.
  13. Zarthas

Patch Notes v1.1.1

There is no silent hotfix for consoles. That is a tool we can use to get a change out to PC exclusively but at a faster pace. Console updates always increment the version.
    You guys using Patchwork, by chance?
  14. Zarthas

Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Volume 6 would be super
    This would imply there are Plans for Multiplayer, though.

I support naval combat.
  15. Zarthas

We were wrong about the class system...

I honestly hadn't thought about how balanced, enjoyable, and rewarding the class system is. Perhaps I have been mistaken. Thank you.

Maybe a way to expand on this system would be to add naval combat. Boats are philosophically aligned with Bannerlord's design principles. To illustrate my point: you could 'main' a boat, and learn it at your own pace, enjoyably. I would also love to customize my Viking longship; I could add a frightening figurehead to the front, so as to frighten my enemies in a balanced way.

I could picture it now. There's me, in my Viking longship, ramming plebs in rowboats (the 100 gold option). Then, I collect enough moneysacks and add a cape to my boat. Goodness, it would be so cool to do skirmish on a boat. Please, taleworld, give me boats. please
    I support, naval, combat.
Back
Top Bottom