Recent content by zajuts149

1. zajuts149

SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

I haven't played 1257 AD in a long time, but it has always been a favourite. Glad to see it is being updated. I have a question about the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
    Some of the lords fiefs were randomized, instead of fixed. Is it possible to lock certain lords to castles/cities, like Baldwin VI to Antioch, Guillaume of the Hospitallers to Krak de Chevalliers? Also, the HQs of the orders were also randomized, and you can't recruit order troops from a castle unless the leader of that order owns that castle. Could this be fixed?
  2. zajuts149

Bugged quest? (Hunt down murderer)

It would be helpful to have a screenshot of which village type you mean. If it's the typical "Greek" style village with a town on the right as you enter, with a monastery on a hill on the left  across a river, then the nervous man is in the wineyard behind the manor house straight ahead. Ride on the right side of the manor house and the rows of grapevines behind it. He should be visible once you get far enough up the rows...
  3. zajuts149

Need a detailed list on items needed for magnificent feast

I haven't organized a feast in this mod, but in vanilla it was enough to have two of each type of food, plus wine, ale, spices and oil. Remember, if you put perishable food in the party inventory, it doesn't rot. Also, it replenishes automatically there. That means if you carry around 2 of each of the 12 non-perishable food stuffs, and half of that in the party inventory, you'll never have to get more food. I simplified this even more by modding all the foods to have the same quantity. Makes it easier to keep tabs:smile:
  4. zajuts149

castles vs towns

In castles you can manage your own garrison without taking a relationship hit. Also, Towns counts as two for number of fiefs held for tax penalty purposes, while castles only count as one.
  5. zajuts149

Castle building

Flavius Silvanus said:
    zajuts149 said:
    Flavius Silvanus said:
    How many castles can you build?

Just one, so make it count. That means, try to build it in a spot where your faction has no castles/towns nearby.

Thank you.

Lol, there goes my plan to cover the map in castles!

Here is the thing though.  Your faction will always have a town or castle nearby, or else you wouldn't be holding a village.  I am thinking that maybe build the castle from one of villages you get from the first town/castle you start your faction with?

Depends. Sometimes the castles can be a way off. Only time I've built a castle so far, was with the English. I was granted Limerick, and there are no English castles very close. A couple of remote villages that are really far off, is Thorshafn and Sudreyjar. It is all relative, of course, but for instance, the Baltic is so riddled with castles, that it is hard to find a place where building a castle will greatly strengthen your strategic position over just capturing one.
  6. zajuts149

How to Invite Crusade Knight Order?

Flavius Silvanus said:
    Is there a limit to the number of Crusader Orders you can recruit?

1) If I have two manors, with a monastery in each, can I have different Order in each one?

2) If I have a Manor with a monastery and Crusader Order, if the Manor ends up passing to a Vassal. will the Abbot still give me troops?

The limit seems to be 3+ in your party will prevent the priest from summoning more for you. If you have 2 or less Order troops, he will get you more.

1) Yes, but they all count as Order troops, so there's no way getting around the above.

2) I do not know. Never played a character that far.
  7. zajuts149

Castle building

Flavius Silvanus said:
    How many castles can you build?

Just one, so make it count. That means, try to build it in a spot where your faction has no castles/towns nearby.
  8. zajuts149

NPC lord keep ever follow me

I've only had it once. The game seems to have made a duplicate of the character for some reason.
  9. zajuts149

Freelancer: Not able to rejoin order after losing

Alarmingly Fast Skeleton said:
    In my experience, in this mod I could never actually rejoin a lord I was serving before. While I could go up and just reenlist it with them it was as if I never served them in the first place (I got the first dialogue where you could pick what unit type to be, and issued new gear too). This works fine for lords, but by joining a military order it eliminates the opportunity to join others, so if you lose one battle you will be unable to rejoin as the game still thinks that you are in one.

Note that if you reenlist in the army of a lord, or enlist with any lord of the same faction, you will become the same soldier you were when you left service, not matter what status you claim to be.
  10. zajuts149

Regional Manor - a guide for peasant on how things work

Fakiniger said:
    Can you upgrade a manor into something or it just stays as that small thing which cannot even be seen on map?

A manor will always belong to a town or a village. It will stay that way.
  11. zajuts149

Regional Manor - a guide for peasant on how things work

Thrawnmulus said:
    I've noticed that towns like Brandenburg and Koln can sometimes spawn a little village (named Brandenburg Village/Koln Village), is there a way for the player to do this?
    If you build a castle out of a village that belonged to a  town or castle, your village will belong to your castle, and the original town will spawn a new village.
  12. zajuts149

Where or How to get elite troop?

hells_gullet said:
    To jump in the topic of elite units; What does it take to recruit Varangians?  You have to be a part of Roman Empire of Nicaea, right?  Do you have to be a vassal?  Do you have to be the lord of Constantinople?
    I have yet to find out exactly. I have 2 characters that I've put on the back-burner to investigate just that. You have to be a part of the Empire of Nicaea, and Constantinople has to be taken, since that's where the Varangian Guard is. You are supposed to get a message that the Roman Empire has been restored, and they should become available within a week. I'm not sure if you have to be the lord of Constantinople to enable recruitment of the VG, and I don't know if you can get them while being a mercenary. I'm going to continue with the to saves I have, one where I'm a vassal, and the other where I'm a Mercenary. Hopefully I'll find out soon.
  13. zajuts149

I have never played this mod with native recruiting, so I have no idea. With lance, you can only recruit mercenaries and from your own fiefs. Are there no mercenaries recruitable in towns besides the taverns? Maybe that's a lance feature.
    AFAIK, you can't change after the game has started, but check the camp menu, just in case.
  14. zajuts149

The ordinary retinue cavalry that the Crusader states use are the same Miles as you'll find elsewhere, and not recruitable to a mercenary if you use the lance recruitment system. There are, however religious Order troops available as mercenaries in towns and castles. Go and "recruit volunteers" in a town, and you'll get an expensive option of some order knights and sergeants.
  15. zajuts149

AD1257: Lords from a defeated faction

Usually, they defect to other factions.
Back
Top Bottom