Recent content by xzangth

1. xzangth

ambushing is a ****show

I managed a successful enough ambush eventually, but it would be so much easier if we could choose the troops that come out with us. its just annoying that they put every big new feature out half-baked. months and months after "full release" and it kept crashing on me as well. I'd expect more from a game that has supposedly been deemed ready for full release.
  2. xzangth

ambushing is a ****show

does anyone know how the game picks the troops that come out when ambushing to destroy enemy siege engines? I have cavalry charging out in such a disorganised manor that the sturgian spearmen are just picking them off one by one. There is no organisation AT ALL with the AI. I try to get them all...
  3. xzangth

Resolved please, for the love of my sanity, fix square formation

Summary: square formation soldiers still stand loose as hell. not a good defensive formation. Aserai horse archers are about to kill us from behind thanks to the most useless formation in the game. its been like this for so god damn long. for the love of god can you just freaking fix it and make...
  4. xzangth

Resolved army leadership in battle

Summary: my spouse, who is in my party, is somehow leading the entire army in this battle even though she nor I are leading the army. How to Reproduce: have spouse in your party, join an army and wait until army leader takes army into battle Have you used cheats and if so which: no
  5. xzangth

Renown Decay

lets just be honest, most features of the game are and always have been half-baked and not thought through to their full potential. I think they've left too much of it to the modding community to make the game good. the community is full of good ideas but the devs don't listen and they haven't added any of the community's good ideas to the game. their features develop towards illogical conclusions (i.e, renown as we're saying here) and by the end of the mid/start of the end game (reaching clan tier 5 or 6/becoming ruler of a kingdom) all that's left to do is amass armies of 2-3 thousand and play cat-and-mouse with other factions' armies as you take castles/towns and they retake them. there's no balancing, there's no dynamism. You're just waiting for everything to max out essentially.

It would be great if we could see clans rise and fall, if the game had any actual politics other than spending influence like money. If individual clans in the same kingdom could go to war, if clans had visible ambition in the game and stomped on other clans if they were in the way of an aim. Highly ambitious lords wanting more fiefs and feeling they have the strength to take them by force. if they succeed, the clan they stomped on looses renown and vice versa. Having secret, behind closed doors alliances with other clans to join a side and protect their fiefs if this should arise.

There's a feature to kick clans from the kingdom and I have not seen any AI use that ONCE. Not a single time, because there's no ****ing reason to and like I said, most of the features are half-baked and not thought through to their logical conclusions or full potential. But no matter how many ideas we want added to the game, no matter how many improvements we propose, I guarantee not a single dev will read this thread and not a single idea will be listened to and implemented.
  6. xzangth

Renown Decay

I do know the diplomacy mod has influence balancing stuff like decay and corruption when you own too many big towns and stuff, so it is out there
  7. xzangth

Need More Info I am not cavalry

Just figured out, the problem it seems, is that the game is not updating its assignment of noble/companions to correct formations if I change the original loadouts of the character's weapons. Svana, for example, was originally a horse archer. I'm playing Battania with an emphasis on an infantry heavy army, so I took her horse away and her bow and when you hover over the party on the campaign map, it still registers as '1 horse archer'. As my brother and I began with horses, it is still saying '2 cavalry' even though I took his horse away as well as mine and there are no other cavalry units in my party.
  8. xzangth

Need More Info I am not cavalry

Game insists I am cavalry. I am not cavalry. I am on foot. Game places me with cavalry formation at the start of every battle.
  9. xzangth

Need More Info Game Launcher does not even open

All resolved now. I tried verifying the integrity of the game files on steam about a week ago but it didn't do anything. I think steam just didn't follow up by fixing/replacing the files, so I thought it was still something to do with the game. Just tried it again on a whim and it's all good now. Issue resolved.
  10. xzangth

Update: I un-enabled the butrloader mod via vortex and the launcher launched. However, the game still now crashes on the initial loading screen before the main menu. Took off all mods and it still happens. Most recent crash was today.
  11. xzangth

Summary: Simple. Game is so broken the launcher doesn't even open. How to Reproduce: I have literally no clue how it got this freaking bad. First the game crashed on the initial loading screen for a few days in a row. Now the issue has somehow progressed and the launcher won't even open. How...
  12. xzangth

Resolved cannot attack in a siege as mercenary

Just to add, this seemed to be specifically towns. Sieged a castle and it seemed to be fine.
  13. xzangth

Resolved cannot attack in a siege as mercenary

Summary: joined southern empire as mercenary. joined an army going to besiege Tyal. clicked 'attack'. nothing happens. there was also another army besieging the town first. How to Reproduce: start new save and do as described above. Have you used cheats and if so which: no I did just leave the...
  14. xzangth

Need More Info AI does NOT put troops to garrison

can confirm. Am ruler of Khuzaits and I've been seeing armies take and lose the same 3 empire castles over and over again due to this issue. its a big one
Back
Top Bottom