Recent content by xenoargh

1. xenoargh

I sure hope Gamescon 2019 is an improvement...

I actually don't care about the town scenes, etc. probably as much as most players. But... that alone says, "nope, we didn't put in a solution to auto-generate navmeshes and we're doing it by hand again"  :facepalm: I don't care about the Companions; again, that may be done or not done...
  2. xenoargh

I don't do mobile games.  I think you've got me confused with somebody else  :lol: And no, the blogs weren't convincing. 
  3. xenoargh

No, seriously, I'm just kind of annoyed at this point, watching all of the pre-release footage that's available.  None of the stuff up to now looks like a game I want to buy yet :roll: -->back to the usual fanboi stuff, or flaming me, or whatever.  Honestly, I was planning to mod this thing...
  4. xenoargh

SP Native [WB] Blood and Steel 2.0

Hey, it's cool, sometimes this stuff just happens.  It's just a bummer, the rest of it was working really well was moderately buggy  :lol:
  5. xenoargh

I still haven't found out whatever's causing the reflection maps to render to black, folks.  I think this is indefinitely delayed; at the moment, the only solution appears to be nuking all of my work on shaders and materials and starting over, which would take months, and I'm working on a video...
  6. xenoargh

Honestly, I'd love to be able to push this out as it is... other than the reflections not working and water looking pretty terrible :dead: IDK... maybe I'll just make all the Scenes not have water until I get that figured out, lol.
  7. xenoargh

Hey, everybody.  I've hit a major engine-related roadblock with the project.  I'll let you know if it gets resolved and I can move forward again.  Meanwhile... I built what I thought was the best grass we've ever had.  I finally tackled that issue and I was really happy with it. To be really...
  8. xenoargh

64-bit for Windows, when?

I mean... we're obviously going to see 64-bit for Linux / Mac OS.  That's been announced. When for Windows?  This is kind of a Major Big Deal for modders, especially if the core memory limitations are finally addressed and the game can make use of larger memory amounts for the vertex buffers...
  9. xenoargh

Map Sky Rendering and ReflectionTextureSampler

Hmm.  Hit another dead end. The issue here's straightforward; whatever the reflection-rendering process is, it's simply not working right now. Maybe the issue here is that this has been broken by the latest engine update; it's pretty clear that TW's moving to a GLSL-only setup, and maybe...
  10. xenoargh

Hmm.  I'll look at that.  I'd sure like some sort of solution; this is, honestly, rather puzzling; seems like it should've broken everything, but nope, we're fine, other than not working as it's supposed to.
  11. xenoargh

Nothing changes, either way; the output's still black. I'll try testing this out on a simple sphere mesh, just to make sure that it's not doing something odd in projection.
  12. xenoargh

I just tried transmogrifying the UVs.  Nothing doing there, so yeah, your theory's correct; the UVs don't matter at all. So the puzzle is... what's preventing it or anything else from being drawn to the reflection pass?  There must be something pretty simple that's Do Not Pass Go here.
  13. xenoargh

Well... the issue here is that it's drawing in the main pass... but not in the reflection pass.  (in Scenes... not the World Map) Hmm.
  14. xenoargh

Hmm.  The UVs on the TW ones are surely too, er, sloppy to be being used for some fancy reflection-map stuff, though?  I mean, the UVs are a little odd... basically just a cylindrical projection map, with off-center UVs.  So, IDK. I'll test this theory out, though I'm somewhat dubious. The...
  15. xenoargh

All of the skyboxes are... using custom spheres... oh, snap, they aren't UV'd in the same way as the TW ones... Oh, snap... if this is the problem, I'm going to kick myself, lol.