Recent content by xDizzyBx

1. xDizzyBx

Resolved Infantry in ally's army blobs infintely without formation

Summary: I am playing in the last patch 1.5.9 up to date, Sandbox mode, and I noticed that whenever I try to join an army who is engaged with an enemy (sometimes defensively sometimes offensively) all the infantry just dance around in a big messy circle without any kind of formation and they...
  2. xDizzyBx

Need More Info Crash after trying to leave an army in the middle of a siege.

Hello, can you please send us a save file so we can further inspect the issue? You can upload the file to http://upload.taleworlds.com:8080/ address. Please paste the link to this thread as description so i can identify it.
    Hello, I had to revert to a previous save and haven't had the issue any longer. However, I sent the crash report that generates when the CTD happens with its description.
  3. xDizzyBx

Need More Info Crash after trying to leave an army in the middle of a siege.

We just defeated a defending army while siegeing a castle outside the walls, then proceeded to continue with the siege. But when I try to leave the army and siege with my own party, the game CTD. Happens every time.
  4. xDizzyBx

In Progress Game Breaking bug: cannot start/join battles (Main e1.5.7 after the Hotfix of Februrary 18th)

ALT button got stuck on the games logic. We are aware of this issue hopefully developers can fix it soon. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Thanks for the answer. Glad they know about it.
  5. xDizzyBx

In Progress Game Breaking bug: cannot start/join battles (Main e1.5.7 after the Hotfix of Februrary 18th)

I am playing and joined Vlandia, they just declared war to Battania. Everything was great, except later today I got an update and downloaded it. Now I can't join any battles nor attack anyone on my own, not even looters as when I catch up to them it refuses to make contact and no menu to attack...
  6. xDizzyBx

Spear infantry vs Cavalry (and anything else)

There are a lot of weirds things in this game regarding combat (my main issue being cavalry charges). But let's remember this is still in EA, hopefully when the game is fully released we will have a much better experience. And even better yet, polished, finished, high quality mods.
  7. xDizzyBx

Are cavalry charges lame in your opinion?

As far as I recall, this was from one of their blog or something like that.
    rcsdC.gif

Well, I think I never had a chance to see something like this in the game so far. Because cavalry is always either too disorganized or distracted with other surrounding people. I think "unit targeting" would fix this lameness - or at least feeling of lameness. I don't think it's rocket science either. Select cavalry - Hover your indicator flag to the enemy squad(Even show a target icon, something like use icon on machinery) - F3 and they will lock to that particular squad.
    If you just select your cavalry, and F3 without specifying anything else, let them charge as usual.
    That might sound to surreal but there is actually a mod like this - I guess it was in RTS mod. So it's pretty much doable.
    Well damn, while suicidal, that charge into the enemy's front shieldwall and spear points looks pretty decent. Sadly I have not seen anything like that in my game.
  8. xDizzyBx

I think one of the biggest issues here is that despite the fact that there really isn't proper shock cavalry, despite most heavy cavalry having crouch lances. sometime I can get a good charge and destroy the enemy. other time my cav clump up, gets bogged down, eat each others hits and get slandered by simple recruits. I think if the developers let cavalry continue to crouch their lances rather than have their lances raised up as soon as they get a hit then heavy cavalry would be the very good against infantry. . true, having lances be able to kill 5-10 footmen may not be fair (though it would be satisfying to watch), maybe the developers could make crouch lances have a chance to break per every hit. in this case, once the lances break, they would have to resort to melee, but it isn't like they don't to that already. in any case player it would bring heavy cav on par with horse archer, because right now, if between a chose of heavy cav or horse archers, the later is favored
    I would love to see a mod with proper shock cavalry charging with crouched lances, where they sometimes break upon impact and you have to rely on your secondary weapon, I just hope to see that one day in Mount and Blade.
  9. xDizzyBx

Yeah the AI is a bit lacking and to be honest, even when the charges do go where you want them to, they lack impact. I have given up on them fixing these issues in Native and hoping to see some good fixes come out of mods once the game releases.
    I know right? there is no fricking impact!!! Is like they freeze in time and space! and when they "charge" they are not even in a tight formation! Pffffffff.... breathe... time to play a little Attila Totalwar... but I'll be back...
  10. xDizzyBx

It really seems to be an AI problem also besides them being underpowered. It really feels like a balancing act to keep someone from just spamming cavalry since the polearms and formations are not quite right.

In truth a cavalry charge should drain morale for the enemy, deal massive damage from the side flanks, and be expensive to recruit and maintain.

I really wish they would have added an intelligence or training level for the troops. So recruits and tier 1s are bad at formations, like Bannerlord is right now. Charges are not tight, volley is not in sync, that kind of thing. But, when the troops are level up they gain intelligence so they can volley correctly, charge right, and run the formations. Would have made a great leadership perk, Tier 1, 2, and 3 troops know all formations when mixed with higher tiered troops or something.
    I've been following a mod from quite some time now that is called "Bannerlord Immersion Project" by some "Alpha Omega Man" (you can watch it on Youtube). Man, what they are doing is AMAZING! Is far from perfect but in my opinion leagues ahead of "Native Bannerlord". I know the game is still in EA but just watch what they are doing, battles feel more "cinematic" at least, it has a feeling of its own and it just works (unlike Todd Howard's :razz:)

I just hope Taleworlds manage to fix/implement all that the game is lacking by the time the game is officialy released.
  11. xDizzyBx

you wanna see that rohirrim charges all the time right ? hehe
    That would be so glorious that is not even fair to ask for that haha!
  12. xDizzyBx

There is one thing that really frustrates me in this game (even though I love Bannerlord) and those are Cavalry Charges. My preffered combat style has always been on horseback as a shock cavalry. Cavarly was supposed to charge in a tight formation to deal massive damage into enemy lines, from...
  13. xDizzyBx

Game Crashes To Desktop everytime I try to change the resolution.

Title is self explanatory. I have my resolution set to "desktop resolution" which is 2560x1440, but to be extra sure whenever I try to set that resolution from the menu the game crashes. Every single time.
  14. xDizzyBx

Kingdom Diplomacy decisions not showing notifications like they used to (1.5.3 NO MODS)

go into campaign options and there's a option to 'show icon on right'. tick the box
    Holy zhait, thanks! My bad!
  15. xDizzyBx

Kingdom Diplomacy decisions not showing notifications like they used to (1.5.3 NO MODS)

As the title say, when someone declares war, or when my kingdom wants to go to war or make peace, or even when a castle/city is taken, there is no icon to vote for who is going to be the new owner of a fief and not even the icon with the hands and sword indicating that we declared war or...
Back
Top Bottom