Recent content by xat

1. No garrison after I capture a town/castle as a marshall

I fixed it simply by modyfying the tavern quest to give 10 relation rather than one. So i take town, switch garrison to my control then npc, then do the quest to have 0 relation. Obviously i don't abuse it to go to 100.

Also saying that it is intended is a dumb thing. Most of the time if you reset the town it can get like 10 troops, basically some beggars from street became the guards, any and every lord will be able to take it over. Waiting doesn't help. I tested it before doing my tweak in tweakmb. I waited for a week maybe even 10 days, nothing nadaa garisson was still 0 peps. Only way is to either
    - switch garrison
    -give the town to lord
  2. Removing Tax Inneficiency + Merchant Cash amount

Thank you for help kalarhan.

The post I linked before mentioned triggers.txt while data info is in scripts.txt. Thanks for all the help.
  3. Removing Tax Inneficiency + Merchant Cash amount

kalarhan said:
    xat said:
    My notepad++ was having issues with finding the 65% value on that 231 line so I didn't touch that but still when I came to game the inneficiency info was gone so it works wonders.

search for this: 2110 2 1224979098644774959 65 .

I left the 1 in there.. its just a flag to run the script, its not on the text file.

Yeah thank you, I worked it out myself to search by a part of code later. But I don't really need to modify the inneficiency, changing the number of fiefs before the inneficiency kicks in is enough to nullify it completely.
    Though it might be useful for someone coming here looking for the tweak, he can modify just the % to have a max value he thinks is reasonable for him.

Once again thank you for help, and I would love if you had some info about merchant cash amount. Cheers.
  4. Removing Tax Inneficiency + Merchant Cash amount

kalarhan said:
    well try the classic tweak and see if that solves the tax thingy:

limits by difficult:
    31 2 144115188075857213 0 2133 2 1224979098644774913 2 2133 2 1224979098644774914 5 5 0 31 2 144115188075857213 1 2133 2 1224979098644774913 4 2133 2 1224979098644774914 4 5 0 31 2 144115188075857213 2 2133 2 1224979098644774913 6

(eq, "$tom_difficulty_fief" = 144115188075857213, 0), # hard
    (assign, ":num_centers" = 1224979098644774913, 2),
    (assign, ":tax_eff" = 1224979098644774914, 5),
    (else_try),
    (eq, "$tom_difficulty_fief" = 144115188075857213, 1), # normal
    (assign, ":num_centers" = 1224979098644774913, 4),
    (assign, ":tax_eff" = 1224979098644774914, 4),
    (else_try),
    (eq, "$tom_difficulty_fief" = 144115188075857213, 2), # easy
    (assign, ":num_centers" = 1224979098644774913, 6),

65%:
    1 2110 2 1224979098644774959 65
    (val_min, ":ratio_loss" = 1224979098644774959, 65),

Thank you very very much for this.

I'm not a code guru but that writing out of the code helped me alot. I switched the numbers of fiefs until the inneficiency kicks in from 2,4,6 to 100 basically removing the innefiency.
    My notepad++ was having issues with finding the 65% value on that 231 line so I didn't touch that but still when I came to game the inneficiency info was gone so it works wonders.

Do you maybe have info about merchants gold value min/max and threshold
    info from this post
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1247972.html#msg1247972
    Is totally different compared to what I saw in my 1257 file.

Thank you for your time. Even the inneficiency helped me a lot.

wolfgary said:
    I'm afraid the devs (DrTomas..)are quite otherwise occupied, and it will take long for them to respond to your request. Btw, what you want to tweak is perhaps a hardcore medieval feature championed by this mod...
    Thank you for opinion but as i posted in TL:grin:R I needed tweaks not tips. I know that this mod might be trying to be 100% realistic, but for example I always wanted to conquer whole map in this mod and thats the only reason I want to play it. I also want to run around with a knight only army of 200+ so I can fight alone versus pretty much anything I want on the field. Its my way of playing as I "headcannon" it that theres a bunch of peasants fighting in the shadows (limitations of WB and PC).
    Capturing whole map is not an easy feat, and if I would play with all limitations etc, it would be pretty much night impossible and would take loads of my time.
    I also want to hit max lvl with the "forfeit adventuring" screen and atm I'm at like 2600 points and I need 10k points. To get that I need to earn some cash to sustain myself.
    For me 65% fief inneficiency is nowhere near realistic (its mostly because of how default WB worked and how little fiefs to obtain you had there), if any lord in that times lost more than half of his income from his lands, heads would pile up on pikes all over the land.
    What hurts me to is the little amount of cash shops have, I basically can't even sell a portion of the gear enemies drop for me, forget about trading or flags or manor items. Only way to get rid of most of my stuff is to buy something really expensive, but thats basically bartering my items for a high value item and thats not the point.

So to sum it up, each player plays his own way and my way is like it is, hence why I need those little tweaks. Kalarhan helped me with inneficiency issue, now all I need is to somehow fix the merchants to have enough cash to buy few helmets I get from drops.
  5. Removing Tax Inneficiency + Merchant Cash amount

Well hello there I would like to remove that pesky feature. Setting Tax/Investmend inneficiency to childlish as well as seting wages to childlish is still not enough for me, because of personal reasons. Tweak MB doesn't really work in that regard as it doesn't really do anything both to tax...
  6. Are you sure you didn't overdo it with the wages a bit...?

DeSoto said:
    xat said:
    I remember in 1.03 or so when you had town set on *auto garrison* you didn't pay troops wages, that was kinda nice as the peasants managed themsevlves. But even when I set my castle to manual to *garrison troops* it didn't allow me to go over 500 as if i went over that number the troops magically disappeared over the time to stay near 500.
    Wait, so there's no way to get garrisons exceeding 500 men? So that I have to join every single defense or else it'll fail? All the while in live battles I was able to repel an attacking force of about 1500 with just 80-90 losses (without cheating in any way), because the castellations only allowed for 1 man to pass through at a time? So you could just block that tiny space and riddle the rest with arrows? But auto-resolve miraculously ignoring the actual architecture?

No offense, but this might be the final straw for me. No idea why you would want to turn a fun combat simulator into a grindy, high-maintenance experience in the later game. The more emphasis is put on the "civ sim" part, the more obvious it becomes that it is the weakest link in the whole game.

Auto-battle was always ****ty I only loose it if I really don't feel like fighting, IE me and other lords attacking one guy or smth.
    I remember that attacking some bandits/peasants 20 strong or so with my 70 miles resulted in one or two miles dead. I mean did he fall of his damn horse and died or what.

As for garrison dunno, I don't set any of mine on manual, but it was like that in 1.03 or some SVN.

If you don't feel like it and want to *cheat* a little you can export your character go to my documents find warband find your character open it with notepad and change whatever you want. For example i *reseted* my character XP at 2 points, when he became a vassal and when he became a lord. That way he has the important leader stats like leadership etc at 10, as well as now he hit 30 in all skills but still needs loads of inteligency to get other stuffs.
    You can also modify amount of denars you have there, so if you don't feel like paying crazy cash, just pop yourself 1-2 mil denars and forget that troops wages existed.

Basically to make 1257 enjoyable at least for me I had to make some tweaks with tweakmb as well as resetting my character.
  7. Advice for mid-game enjoyment?

You are not even close to mid game, you are early game getting started. Lvl'ing yourself and companions, and buying semi decent gear.
    Mid would be when you get your country up and running, and having few lords, waging wars and taking territory over.
    End game would be when you have country big enough that other countries mass attack you to *curb your power* while you go for taking over the whole map.
  8. Are you sure you didn't overdo it with the wages a bit...?

kalarhan said:
    Once you have fiefs (lord or king) you can recruit your lances.

They are free if you are in war. Thats why mercs are cheaper if you are not a lord.

If you are unhappy about the game balance you can tweak easily, or use cheat codes for lots of cash. Make enterprises give more cash, or increase rent, or decrease wages, etc.

Dromel said:
    DrThomas:
    Most of the features of the mod are design for middle or end game. Ie when you are as a lord of a faction or you're a leader of your own faction.

I'm playing on childlish because wages are *stupid*. I know how Thomas want us to run with peasants because thats how it was one or two lords and a bunch of peasants hence the pesants edition.

But well for us that want to run with miles let say have about 100 or so of them we need to work really really hard to sustain them.
    So as I said I run on childlish for ineffiency and wages and other one i don't remember. Had few of business enterprises and most of them were the dyework in Altan Ordys. But it gave me few K's top total.
    Then I had fiefs, and here where the bad stuff happens. Auto garrisoning, childlish or maybe me fooling around with Tweak MB made it so that Maximum fief wages go to 3 000 denars and stop (thank god). Now vilages are fine they give you from few hundreds to 1-2k of denars if they are really rich. But stuff happends with towns and castles.
    You pay 3k for wages of your troops in town or castle. While you earn usually less than 2k from each (wars happen you know). The highest i've seen was about 4k+ from castle, and about 5-6k from my town when it was the richest and most profitable town on the map, having most caravans.
    Usually those towns and castles are near 3k or slightly above it or hard below it.

So long story short, I run a cavalary type unit about 200 or so men, about 70 or so were miles sometimes more usually less, rest was a *in the training* units. Even though I have 3 towns, castle and few vilages as a king of my kingdom, I each and every week have to pay about 10k denars +/- for my party payments. I'm already hit with my 9% inneffiency taking away about 5-9 k from me.
    Basically you pretty much can't even sustain your troops on a childlish level, without getting the cash from trading/flags/ransoms/battleitems.

I remember in 1.03 or so when you had town set on *auto garrison* you didn't pay troops wages, that was kinda nice as the peasants managed themsevlves. But even when I set my castle to manual to *garrison troops* it didn't allow me to go over 500 as if i went over that number the troops magically disappeared over the time to stay near 500.
  9. Game breaking problems and how to avoid them.

bakters said:
    Well, yes.  But can you finish a faction?  My nephew cheated himself into it and he was successful on 1.03.  I tried to do it on Diplomacy 4.3 WB 1.66 and it was bugged. 

Maybe I'll write one more comment, to DrThomas specifically, as he seems to be glancing here.  I'm not trying to criticize this mod, his work, or even Taleworlds.  I'm just trying to find practical solutions to practical problems which I may face, before it's too late.

I can wait for peace.  I'm not doing a speedrun.  But I'm thinking in speedrun terms.  Like I'm planing a route through the game.  That's what I find interesting and challenging.

You get XYZ Faction is no more screen. But its better to take all their fiefs, kill all lords so they can't harrass your lands, and then ask for piece. That way you will get 3 Right to Rule and the other faction will die anyway, because they won't have land or place to replenish the troops.
  10. SOLVED: Truce /= Peace

Valen said:
    Trying a little experiment,  I've taken Rome, Papal States are no more... that's one way to get Peace with the Pope.  Unfortunately it doesn't look like you can become Pope :sad:.  Several of the kingdoms have finally gone to full peace, but I still have at least 5 at war with me.  Those damn auto joining lords keep defecting to my Kingdom of Heaven.  Anyone know how to tweak that to require approval first?
    You should ask pope to make you a king first, trough the send a messenger option in your courtroom. That way kingdoms that are christian will accept you. Dunno what it does but well better to do it anyway.
    Also for a lord to join you you have to accept him in your main town where the guy/girl sending the truce etc etc is. You can always tell them to go away.
  11. Where to sell army flags?

DeSoto said:
    xat said:
    Yeah once you hit 10 trade flags give like 8800-9600 denars, theres no way any city will have that money.

:shock: That's more than you get on average for ransoming lords. Is that really intended? Kinda devalues ransoms, cause you have to capture them first (I only manage to catch every 3rd lord or so and they like to run away as well) and then it can take ages until you get an offer. That seems highly imbalanced to me, grabbing those flags basically requires no effort. And it further goes to show, how utterly useless businesses are, why should I bother to look for at least passable investments when I can fight 10 guys in one week and get 100k out of it.

I really wish they would have tweaked the economy a bit more for the final version.

Well its up to you.
    I play my game a way that allows me to work around some basic stuff that prevents me to play the way I want which is to have a massive cavalery army and do everything yourself (while headcannoning that all the peasants are somewhere in the back following your army of knights).
    So I modified some of my stuff. For example basic capture lord is 30% chance, I made that 60% chance because lets be real if you defeat whole lord army what are the chances that he will get away. Also as far as I remember every 24 hours you have a 5% chance that lord will be bought out. Every 72 hours I think there is a chance lord can escape.
    Capturing lords means that you might get into war with other countries for free, based on what I experienced with capturing teutonic lords.

Most of npc's don't have enough Denars to buy flags anyway. So you have to buy 10k+ stuff from them for you and your companions and get the denars back with flags.

There are many ways to earn denars in the game, and considering how much you pay for upkeep of army/fiefs and how it relates to the easy mode npc's I think its fair.
  12. Where to sell army flags?

Valen said:
    This was annoying as hell for me as well, all this loot and no city that can afford it all without traversing the map, little here and there.  The amount of money seems to be influenced by a cities prosperity.  I have several cities with huge amounts of cash in the armory and arms area, like 80K.  Perhaps talking to the guild master and asking about trade, he'll tell you the richest city in Europe... odds are cities in that area will be able to afford your flags.  The quest begins...lol.

That amount of money is probably related to you buying armor/weapons there.

Yeah once you hit 10 trade flags give like 8800-9600 denars, theres no way any city will have that money. You can buy goods like iron etc and try to sell a flag for it some later on. I myself think I might go and tweak the amount of cash later on.
  13. SOLVED: Truce /= Peace

Valen said:
    xat said:
    When you capture lords of some countries you go to auto war.
    I went into peace with HRE and was at war with teutonics. Captured they lords and I see that HRE raids me again, I look and see they are at like -4 relationship. Few weeks later into the war I get info that the truce between us is over -_-.

So if I were you I would save before capturing any lord and then see if capturing made you an enemy of some random kingdom.
    Capturing teutonics made HRE Pope and Communi Ghibellini go to war with me.

All that happened when I just made my country, I had to fight 4-5 countries but well I did it and teutonics are no more and my country is so big that soon I should get the "curb-stomp his power" wars.

We'll that's cool, only a kingdom should give you an ultimatum first, release or war.  It looks like I'm going to have to try releasing all my prisoners to see if we can't get a full peace.  I really hate how there's no clarity on why a kingdom has declared war, it's damn near a game breaker.

Its not really about releasing. Its just that when you capture a lord you go to insta war. For example if you will fight with pope because he feels like attacking you. Never ever capture any lord of papal state. Unless you want a war with half a map. The moment you capture a lord is the moment you get - rep for some factions.
    I think it might be related to how well they like each other, but might be related to something else. Thomas is the one that knows for sure, we can only guess.
  14. SOLVED: Truce /= Peace

When you capture lords of some countries you go to auto war.
    I went into peace with HRE and was at war with teutonics. Captured they lords and I see that HRE raids me again, I look and see they are at like -4 relationship. Few weeks later into the war I get info that the truce between us is over -_-.

So if I were you I would save before capturing any lord and then see if capturing made you an enemy of some random kingdom.
    Capturing teutonics made HRE Pope and Communi Ghibellini go to war with me.

All that happened when I just made my country, I had to fight 4-5 countries but well I did it and teutonics are no more and my country is so big that soon I should get the "curb-stomp his power" wars.
  15. weekly budget unexplained wages

Valen said:
    I was thinking it's because I purchased the optional Hospitilers and mercenary for the garrison.  Doing that cost about 7K and also 3K a month... the small print I didn't read either.  If everyone is getting the 3K a town bill then that's good to know it wasn't buying the improved garrison.

It really urks me that NPC's get their initial garrison staffing immediately and it seems to take forever for the player's garrison to show up so I thought it was a nice compromise to be able to get some troops in there quickly.  In hind sight though it's cost prohibitive.  I don't give my lords Towns and I've got 15 of them now at 3K a piece and it's slowly sending me to ruin.

There is a bug where if you take fief for yourself instantly there is no garisson for who knows how log I tried to wait for a week and gave up.
    So you just take a down/castle and switch to manual and back to auto garrison. Pop insta garrison is there just like normally.
    But in towns that gives you -10 rep so I had to open tweak MB and switch tavern drinking quest to give 10 rep rather than 1 rep to fight against this mechanic.
Back
Top Bottom