Recent content by Xaphedo

1. Xaphedo

[BL] Post & Find Mod Ideas

So since i bought the game when i play it i had all these ideas for mods come into my head so i thought i better start writing them down. Here is what i have so far. I do have basic experience and pretty decent understanding of character modeling and creating textures, but i have never coded before... so this list is basically just my wish list hoping that someone more knowledgeable might pick one up

morale chants during a battle' which enables perks for units nearby

have lancing tournaments at city arena

ck2 mods

spears get stuck in horses

360 degree balista so you can shoot into castle

a selection of different war horns that you can take into battle... you could potentially smithy some of varying sizes.

take the ladders to the castle instead of them already being placed down at the start of the game.

two weapons one in each hand like battle axes

army can gain or lose weight: lose weight if not a varied diet like just eatin grain and gain weight if not moving army around being idle or just buying beer or something this could make them slower or faster on battlefield

carry fire torches at night/ including fire arrows characters have to buy the oil when teading and dip their arrows in oil on inventory screen, you can give them to individual archers, then when in battle you need to light them up at nearest fire point which could be a beacon held by a troopman

toss oil down at castle gate through hole and light it causing troops to be set on fire, siege equipment can also be set on fire/ vegetation can be set on fire similar to fire like in far cry 2 where it can spread but eventially will peter out

more effective shield wall

scouting areas you scout with companions: parts where you enter the map and you can look around (troops can be found like leaning against a dilapitated old wall like 'hadrians wall' or huddled up at fireplace) to find soldiers who have been left behind from battle or something and you have opportunity to recruit them, they could attack you or you can leave them to starve)Could potentially encounter bandits aswell

attacks from packs of wild animals like werewolves or some beasts native to the map area. this could offer same difficulty for a new game like bandits except you would see them less frequently i.e a pack of wolves migh try and hun tyou down if you are in a densley wooded area.You could then either slaughter them for pelts/hides etc... or recruit them into your army which might also have a mechanic where you need a specific character 'animal tamer' in order to recruit them.

Maybe you could even add animals to your army i.e wolves from battania, elephants from aserai which you can put archers on like lotr). Imagine sitting on top of an elephant charging into battle and you pulling the reins to move the horns to take swing towards 50 troops.
    Wolves could be effective 'scouts' at the beginning of a battle.

Maybe you could train to become a falconer like in ck2 this couls allow you at start of the game to go into 'eagle vision' similar to assasins creed odyssey so you could get a birds eye view of the army aproaching.

massive map walls like hadrians wall or great wall of china,

severing of limbs broken bones causing people to limp or having to switch hand for weapon usage which has a penalty makes their strike weaker, if get hit in the shoulder when on horse for example or when you're health is really low you struggle holding the weapon like can't hold a spear as upright you're slightly drooped

when you seige a castle you actually can go into simulation and ride around the camp where everyone is getting ready with all the tents pitched up, soldiers drinking beer at huge firepits,

more destructible walls in seiges

'call and response' oooraa chant

A medieval magic fantasy overhaul which has dragons, armies of the dead, and massive arrow weapons for taking them down like in got

other far fetched wishes

increased detail of specific character models... i.e really detailed characters made from zbrush with decent hieght maps with skin pore detail/ detailed facial structure

multiplayer mod where all people are actually players: recruits, army leaders, etc.. everyone is actually a player in a massive server.

this is work in progress i will continue adding to my mod list
    I've been slowly adding ideas to the main thread, and while some are easier than others to integrate, when I reached this post of yours I had to stop and explain why I won't add this, in its current form, to the thread:
    1. It's too many unordered and uncategorized small ideas. Please group together the ideas that fall under a similar theme, ideally explaining what that theme is with a representative synopsis.
    2. I'm not going to go back to a post to check if anything is going to be changed or added in the future. Please make a new post with your new suggestions or new edits to old ones, so that I may know that I need to update the main thread.
    3. Some ideas are simply too vague or it's unclear how they would be integrated into the game. You don't need to go into massive detail: "more destructible walls in sieges" on its own is very clear, but others like "ck2 mods", "more effective shield wall", or "'call and response' oooraa chant" are very unclear to me. Do you want mods that recreate the CK2 experience? In what way? Or do you want mods that were in CK2 to be made in Bannerlord as well? What problem do you wish was resolved with the current shield wall? Do you have any suggestions on how? How would the Oorah chant work? Would it have any gameplay function? I'm not going to point out every suggestion that doesn't look very clear to me, please look for inspiration from the main thread or some of the more articulate posters here: just to give one excellent example (not the only one I may add), RookUS's post was brief yet extremely clear.
    Thank you for your contribution, though. I understand that it's not easy, but ideas are the cheapest part of making mods or games and the least we can do is be organized and easily understandable.

PS: All the guidelines above apply to everyone else as well. I might be able to understand what you wrote but I shouldn't have a headache when I get there. Also please, guys, I beg you: use punctuation. Just enough so that people don't need to re-read your sentences several times. Spend those extra 5 minutes before posting, it saves me a lot more time than you'd think.
  2. Xaphedo

Thanks to all for the kind words! ?

Oh yeah: Non combat troops
    Herders: Count as 10 units for herding
    Mounted Herders: Count as 7 units for herding, but mounted
    Spice Traders: High salary, improves morale by X for up to 30 troops (10 spice traders serves an army of 300 with no penalty)
    Wagon: expensive, but 2500 cargo capacity
    I'm not super sure I understood what you meant; I've added your suggestion to the main thread, please tell me if I got it wrong.

*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

Forgotten Realm is a great setting, but magic might be hard to implement.
    I feel like I'm missing some context here...

Faster prisoner recruiting, because hot damn
    The latest version of the "Recruitable" mod (1.0.4 at this time) allows you to customize the recruitment rate of prisoners, even tier by tier.

Since we're on the topic of mods, I'd really like BL to have a more complex inventory management system.

The way I imagine it, the inventory would be a grid much like in A-RPGS with variable sized items. Right now, each item stack takes a whole inventory line, so the current system has lots of unused space and I don't think this would make things more cluttered.

Mounts could add blocks to the grid. To avoid micro-management, I think a carriage system based on the engineer skill could be implemented, where you could camp (ties in with another mod idea) in a forest and select a ''Create carts for the horses" option. Once you have carts going on, every mile*(inventory square used) grants x engineering xp, which could make for an early-game route of leveling Engineering. These carts multiply the inventory slots granted by the mount. Mount types are kept, in that this option is only available for pack animals, and so the fast traveling is still possible.

Maybe instead of having to camp in a forest, you'd consume hardwood, which you could also gather by camping in the forest.

The short-coming of this kind of inventory is the necessity for organization. Now to make this an early-game only problem, I suggest carts can be fused together, so that you have an abundance of space later on. In the end, this would just allow for a more visual and less scrolly way to present the inventory contents.

Where this system could get interesting, is with the addition of containers. You could purchase chests, boxes, etc... Similar things exist in other games, but basically a satchel could take one inventory slot (square) but offer 4 when opened. Where this would be a QoL improvement, is if you could assign, to each container, a type of item: smeltable weapons, armor, etc... There could be specific mechanics associated to these containers; for example, a crate full of smeltables could be deposited as is at a workshop for smelting. When you come back later, you have a box full of metal ingots to retrieve.

I don't know, it's just a kind of inventory I like in games !
    Thank you man! :xf-smile:
    Since I saw that various ideas are expressed here, not only on mods, I would have another thing to say:

since the game is much more complicated and different in many aspects from WB, it would be a good idea (I think) to put a "tutor" as in Rome 2 TW which explains the various aspects of the game.
    It could just be 1h weapons to be realistic. But mabye have an option to allow the player to enable dual-wielding for less realistic weapons. Like dual wielding shields, bows, spears, 2h swords, axes, dual wielding throwing axes. Whatever. Would love to see people messing around spamming throwing axes, or repeadetly shield bashing people. It could work in a way that right click and left click would work for both weapons. So if I was dual-wielding shields, right click would have me block with both shields, or if I have a bow. Right button would hold and fire the right bow, and left button for the left bow.
    I want to see (and am planning on creating) more tradeable items, and an artisan system for fiefs.

Settlements already have primary produce, I would like to see that expanded and manageable.

A settlement could have a lost of respurces available in the surrounding environment, each with a value for how effectively it can be exploited. For instance, a settlement deep in the woods would be able to easily exploit hardwood as a resource, whereas a settlement in the desert could not.

As a lord, you can tell each settlement what primary resource to focus on, and the settlement would attempt to exploit that resource - a lord in the desert demanding hardwood would be barking up the wrong tree.

Settlements also have improvements that can be built. I would like to expand the list of improvements to artisan workshops, that take primary resources and convert them to artisan resources. Hardwood into furniture or building materials. Flax into linen, grapes into wine.

Settlements would pay more money for the goods they need, based on the workshops available and the goods they already have stockpiled.

I'm pretty sure that something like this already exists in Bannerlord (I haven't actually got to the point where I can hold a fief for long enough to bother managing it) but I would like to expand it. Tomatoes can't be grown in wintry areas, but a warmer climate may make a killing selling tomato sauces to the northern regions, for instance. Potatoes are a cheap commodity but the empire just loves it's vodka, perhaps.

I'm slowly getting my mod environment set up, once I do my first order of business will be adding new primary produce items to the library. Hopefully this stuff isn't so deep in the code as to be unmoddable!
    late gladiator equipment for arenas would be great, here are a few ideas...

4th Century Ad

gdGDq9l.jpg

zQpJwFR.jpg

FxIsK1p.jpg

YZalHq9.jpg

4B5gEdT.jpg

6th Century AD

uKG4Iyj.jpg
    < visor with or without helmet? / quilted or mail armor?
    1024px-Areobindus_presides_over_the_games_MNMA_Cluny_13135_n03.jpg

XT2N5SB.jpg

d5k2eej-a6fd3aa7-d473-422d-98da-4da91e83fb41.jpg
    All ideas added to the main thread!
  3. Xaphedo

The main thread as been re-formatted to be more accommodating to the increasingly high number of ideas ?

Idk is this the place to post it but i have this mod idea. When total battle size caps out from your selected battle size instead of keep sending armies at parties it splits the battle to days. Ex: There is a battle going on between northern and western empires. Northern empire has 1200 soldier western empire has 1400 soldiers and your battle size cap is 500. Total of 2600 soldiers split it in to 6 days of battle(2600/500=5.2). Each day battle of 500 will be fought until one side wins. Idk how to make it but i am sure there are some beasts that can make this like its nothing.
    Skill focus is the most unfun mechanic ever invented
    Mod to convert attributes and skill focus into effective bonus to skills, and you always have the maxed multiplier
    Skill focus = +10 to the skill and attributes +5 to all 3 skills
    All skill gain is as if you have 10 in the attribute and 5 in skill focus
    OBS: Attributes and skill focuses will not unlock traits, they will only affect the passive skill bonus (like attack speed and damage for two handers)
    Exactly as they were on Warband. Why not? They were awesome, and of course, tournament dedications.
    ????
    Any hero modders out there up for this valiant task?
    With the potential of Bannerlord, it would be great to play a mod in the era of plate armours!
    What do you think?

Comment guys! Make it Happen! ?
    I haven't found anything about this yet but I wish for some editors. I was hoping Taleworlds would do this as they were talking about modding tools but we might be needing something like Morgh's again. Troop editor, item editor, party editor, character editor, etc. Would also be useful with a faction editor making it easy to create an extra faction, set which lords and castles will belong to it and add a troop tree to it and a map editor where you could move the position of settlements.
    GUYS i have great ideas, firstly you must do rename your companions mod second is when you die in battle you can watch your companions so if you click E or etc. you can remote your selected companion after death like in cs-go after death bots i really want this two mods please some one do that for me i dont have any idea for creating mods
    I have a suggestion: Troop auto-upgrade

Two new buttons on the troop "collapse bar":
    a ) Upgrade all troops that have only one possible path
    b ) Upgrade all troops; when two paths are possible, one must have been on the encyclopedia before-hand to tick a box on the troop possibilities meaning "preferred path". If the upgrade is impossible because of a lack of horse or money, just skip it (meaning don't go the other way).

I imagine logos for the buttons could be :
    a ) a single thick upwards arrow
    b ) two upwards branching arrows, one thick and one thin

And also: Prisoner auto-recruit
    This one's straightforward !

I think these could even be in Native, frankly.
    Another:Auto transfer out of ammo units to another unit like some of the warband mods did, auto retreat is also nice
    Setting an auto retreat point would also be lovely, so you can control for your units to not retreat through the enemy infantry
    All ideas added to the main thread! If you can't find an idea under a new title, it's probably a bullet point under a pre-existing similar idea.

I'm not skilled enough in coding to do this myself, but a much needed feature/mod that was present in the Floris modpack for Warband was allowing your companions to automatically upgrade their equipment from post-battle loot.

I may try to work on this myself if nothing shows up in the coming weeks.

Thanks!
    The idea was already present in the main thread! You can find under the "Enhanced Companions" title
  4. Xaphedo

Added reference to the Arena Expansion Mod in the main thread, under the Starting Arena Loadout suggestion.

This is a very good thread, I was just looking for something like it :smile:
    Glad you like it ?

Suggestion (minor):

I would like a way to order materials. Either from the village itself that produces the material or perhaps you can place it in your town. Ex: I'm trying to be a smith but I keep running out of hardwood. Can I place an order and have it delivered to my town / get a notification when it's ready in the village?
    Impriving upon the idea above, what about being able to order your companions to fetch whatever you need at base price? Need hardwood? pay 25 a piece and he will bring you lots, need horse archers? pay 200 each and he comes back with 25, etc
    Yuuuge weapons
    Let you go even further beyond when selecting the size of pieces in the smith crafting menu, like 4x the current max
    All added to the main thread!
  5. Xaphedo

It would be cool to have an in depth rebellion mechanic utilizing the influence system. This could also serve to keep the game interesting after a kingdom snowballs. My initial thought for this was that there could be an option in the kingdom screen that, for an expensive price of 3-4k influence, would allow you and any nobles with which you have high relation to defect from the snowballed kingdom and form your own. If your kingdom is the one that conquered the map, the AI could do the same to you. I think this idea could be a bit more fleshed out, but it could be very interesting.
    Crafting armor and ranged weapons using fur, hide and linen + the already existing steels would be nice, but probably too hard

oh yeah, easy steel crafting would be nice too
    8 rough iron + 8 coal = 1 steel + 7 rough iron or whatever is the actual cost, tuskemani steel would be 64 each I think. It's just a separate recipe that works as all of the previous need recipes in a single click, to save people's mouse's lives
    or just autorefining, refine the highest available steel until no coal is available + auto make coal until no more hardwood
    Added to the main thread!

auto trade is a mod now
    It definitively is! It seems to still need some development before being truly hands-off, but it shows a lot of promise! Added references to it to the main thread.
  6. Xaphedo

SP - General Adoption

Maybe add the possibilities of bastard children and infidelity too.
    +1 to both this and the main thread
  7. Xaphedo

SP - General Front row of a shield wall should be made out of shield units

there are shielded units with throwing axes and javelins and when i order shield wall they start throwing those and get hit in the process...
    I think this is intended and also fixable: if you press F4, it will toggle whether or not the controlled unit will use ranged weapons.
  8. Xaphedo

SP - General UNITS are SMALLER than in WARBAND ! why ?

What's your reference point? People were shorter in the Middle Ages and so were horses.

There is dispute in medievalist circles over the size of the war horse, with some notable historians claiming a size of 17 to 18 hands (68 to 72 inches, 173 to 183 cm), as large as a modern Shire horse. However, there are practical reasons for this dispute. Analysis of existing horse armour located in the Royal Armouries indicates the equipment was originally worn by horses of 15 to 16 hands (60 to 64 inches, 152 to 163 cm), or about the size and build of a modern field hunter or ordinary riding horse. Research undertaken at the Museum of London, using literary, pictorial and archaeological sources, supports military horses of 14 to 15 hands (56 to 60 inches, 142 to 152 cm), distinguished from a riding horse by its strength and skill, rather than its size. This average does not seem to vary greatly across the medieval period. Horses appear to have been selectively bred for increased size from the 9th and 10th centuries, and by the 11th century the average warhorse was probably 14.2 to 15 hands (58 to 60 inches, 147 to 152 cm), a size verified by studies of Norman horseshoes as well as the depictions of horses on the Bayeux Tapestry. Analysis of horse transports suggests 13th-century destriers were a stocky build, and no more than 15 to 15.2 hands (60 to 62 inches, 152 to 157 cm). Three centuries later, warhorses were not significantly bigger; the Royal Armouries used a 15.2 hands (62 inches, 157 cm) Lithuanian Heavy Draught mare as a model for the statues displaying various 15th- and 16th-century horse armours, as her body shape was an excellent fit.

Although a large horse is not required to carry an armoured knight, it is held by some historians that a large horse was desirable to increase the power of a lance strike. However, practical experiments by re-enactors have suggested that the rider's weight and strength is of more relevance than the size of the mount, and that little of the horse's weight is translated to the lance.

Further evidence for a 14-16 hand (56 to 64 inches (140 to 160 cm)) war horse is that it was a matter of pride to a knight to be able to vault onto his horse in full armour, without touching the stirrup. This arose not from vanity, but necessity: if unhorsed during battle, a knight would remain vulnerable if unable to mount by himself. In reality, of course, a wounded or weary knight might find it difficult, and rely on a vigilant squire to assist him. Incidentally, a knight's armour served in his favour in any fall. With his long hair twisted on his head to form a springy padding under his padded-linen hood, and his helm placed on top, he had head protection not dissimilar to a modern bicycle or equestrian helmet.

Their working paper reveals that Englishmen became taller when Britain was under Roman occupation (200-410 AD), with average height rising from 167 cm to 170 cm (or 5 feet 5 inches). The researchers suggest this rise in average height coincided with the Romans’ improved water supply and sanitation systems and a more varied diet at this time. After the Romans left Britain in 410, heights did not deteriorate immediately but fell from 600 onwards. The paper highlights previous research suggesting that health may have deteriorated when populations moved out of the towns and cities set up by the Romans, abandoning their more hygienic water supplies and waste disposal systems. Plague and pestilence then became common and infectious diseases are known to have increased at this time, with archaeological evidence also suggesting that diets were inadequate.

[This article essentially explains how times of war and famine resulted in lower average height due to the general population being malnurished]
  9. Xaphedo

SP - General Allow to choose troops which accompany you on a Bandit Lair raid

When doing a small scale skirmish, you should be able to assign troops in the same way you assign them to companion quests. I have seen suggestions for it to be troop order, but I like the idea of choosing your retinue more.

I even did a bit of a concept mockup for that, in another thread:

fPVFF4B.jpg

+1, obviously
  10. Xaphedo

SP - General Crouching and attacking

I can see some weapons and shields being completely inoperable while crouching, or at least usable with great difficulty. But yes, I'd love to be able to use weapons while crouched.

+1
  11. Xaphedo

SP - General Stealth Mode While Traveling Around

I like it, a lot actually. Could allow for ambush play style where you send out a small group of troops to 'lure' larger groups into a trap.
    How is it countered though? If your going to give it to the AI their needs to be a way to counter the ability. I would assume with scouting. So it would then be a contest of Scouting vs. Rougery
    +1 and specifically with this kind of implementation
  12. Xaphedo

SP - General Front row of a shield wall should be made out of shield units

This seems closer to a bugfix than a real suggestion... In other words, absolutely +1
  13. Xaphedo

There was a warband mod for that, but in that mod you could choose the companion loadout

Adding another idea, force level 1 companions, so you don't have to struggle to train a lv19 to become a steward

And another: Add a lv300 trait that gives 5 focus points, 1 attribute and forces the xp multiplier for the skill to 1.
    Same mod, if all skills got all 5 focus points, each 5 focus points become 1 attribute point thereafter
    That way completionists can make a capped character with all skills, although that would take some months of grinding

Yet another: Change XP gain (how many skill points to get a level) into the higher the skill, the more it is worth. So that leveling your 5 crossbow to 40 is not the fastest way to level anymore. Leveling a 75 ->76 could be made as worth as 25->28 or something, regarding when you get a level. That could replace the previous lv300 mod, since you will be leveling a lot more, so you will probably be able to cap everything
    How about a button for companions that equips best possible gear for them from the inventory based on their skills. Because it's a chore to look through what's best for them and equip such gear.
    So if a companion is good at throwing and two handed, when I click the button they get best avaible armor + 2h sword + 3x javelins.
    Everything has been added! Please double-check the main thread to make sure I represented your ideas correctly.

Any concept for a diplomacy mod?
    Could you elaborate on that? There are a lot of ways to approach a diplomacy mod and I'm sure that some modders out there are already hard at work on improving the current diplomacy mechanics as we speak. The more specific and detailed (and feasible) your idea, the higher the chances someone will make it a reality ?
  14. Xaphedo

Sorry if this is the wrong place for that
    I'd love being able to set up which weapons you get in the arena to use with the Tournament XP mod
    And a mod that Adds 3 buttons to the trade screen
    * Select to buy all green items until they turn white due to fluctuation
    * Select to sell all red items until they turn white due to fluctuation
    * Select to sell all white items until they turn green due to fluctuation
    This is the perfect place for this! I've added your ideas to the main thread.

I've taken the liberty of adding a couple of references to your tournaments suggestion and for the autotrade one I've also added the possible option of buying all white items until they turn red due to fluctuation. It would have been useful in certain situations I've found myself in, assuming these buttons could be made to work for either a single stack of items or the whole trading inventory (consideration which I've also added to the "further details and possible developments" list). I hope these additions are ok!
  15. Xaphedo

awesome, im trying to code my self now, never done c#, trying to find how to reference either Finishing the quest on Start of the campaign, or removing the requirment of the quest for making a kingdom, im just lost, and dont know where to look haha
    I'm just as lost with C# personally, but this documentation might help: https://docs.bannerlordmodding.com/

If you need any more specific help, though, try heading over the Mod Development Subforum or the respective Discord Server. There are tons of talented and helpful people in both communities (although to be fair it's kind of the same one).

Best of luck! And do let me know if you get any progress on it, so that I can update the status of your idea. For any more specific updates and discussion, I'd advise opening up a new dedicated thread though :xf-wink:
Back
Top Bottom