Recent content by Wuan

1. Wuan

OpenMB - Open Source Mount&Blade Series

Is there any demo?
  2. Wuan

Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.0)

ai_mesh_face_group_show_hide is invalid in ti_on_scene_prop_init. My guess is that the AI mesh loading order is later than scene_props, so use (3, 0, ti_once, for example, to initialize the display or hiding.
  3. Wuan

In the next update I will make a separate material for ai meshes and fix operations for working with AI meshes.
    It's great to have this convenience, thank you. I'm also looking forward to what the new scene editor will be like in the future lol.
  4. Wuan

But ai_mesh_face_group_show_hide seems to be invalid. I have specified the ID of an AI mesh face and controlled it by pressing keys, but the result is always ineffective. Tested on vanilla warband and wse2 at the same time, with or without edit mode.
    AI agents always pass through the gate.
    After modifying FONT.DDS, I successfully displayed the AI Mesh face. After that, the magic is that this OP CODE is effective! @

K700

5. Wuan

From what version did the face mode in AI Mesh become deprecated?

I have moved it here to the Forge since it is no real modding question. It's rather a question why that operation does not work as intended or has not been implemented in an useable way for which we cannot give a good answer. Since you are discussing about the functionality already with K700 we will watch it and hopefully learn something new by it :grin:
    It seems you have summarized it here:
    https://earendil_ardamire.gitlab.io...es/New_at_modding_Warband/In-game_Editor.html
  6. Wuan

I'm confused as to why the AI Mesh Face is bundled with the font.dds file, Taleworlds.
  7. Wuan

The faces are texture mapped to the font.dds as they know that file is always loaded, on the cross of the capital T. Any mod with a custom font will break the UI mesh face view because of that.

n2JQa.png

Link to the conversation on discord.

Maybe the Caribbean team changed the way the faces are mapped or got lucky.
    What a terrible, hilarious, and unexpected reason :grin: . Thanks for your answer, @SupaNinjaMan.
  8. Wuan

Now the problem is that using ai_mesh_face_group_show_hide doesn't seem to work, which is a vanilla warband operation. I don't know the specific usage of this operation.
  9. Wuan

Send me your test code with module system, I'll check it
    The test module has been sent to you.
  10. Wuan

But ai_mesh_face_group_show_hide seems to be invalid. I have specified the ID of an AI mesh face and controlled it by pressing keys, but the result is always ineffective. Tested on vanilla warband and wse2 at the same time, with or without edit mode.
    AI agents always pass through the gate.
  11. Wuan

Face selection works and you must set the ai mesh id for the faces you need. Default ID is always 0. The ai_mesh_face_group_show_hide operation works for all faces with the specified ID.

In the warband editor, selected faces are not highlighted in color, which is misleading. Bug or shortcoming?

in the Caribbean editor they are highlighted

I will take this point into account for the scene editor in WSE2
    You are correct. I have not tried moving the surface before, and the default AI mesh id is all 0, so I mistakenly thought it was invalid.
  12. Wuan

From what version did the face mode in AI Mesh become deprecated?:roll:
  13. Wuan

As the title states, why was it deprecated? Answer: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/warband-script-enhancer-2-v1-1-0-3.384882/post-9880098 https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/warband-script-enhancer-2-v1-1-0-3.384882/post-9880140
  14. Wuan

did you test on WSE2 and the vanilla warband engine both?
    Since agent_get_current_ai_mesh_face_group is the operation of WSE2, so I test it on WSE2; as for the AI mesh editing mode, it was tested on vanilla warband.

But I saw that ai mesh faces could be selected in previous tutorials, why can't they now?
Back
Top Bottom