Recent content by wrc

1. Weather

Damn thunderstorm, it was so strong that it woke me up multiple times last night. :mad:
  2. Israel Today

Eternal said:
    I can't believe you out of everyone here would support Israel.
    Israel creation itself was Illegal and bad.
    Few things here.
    1) States are extremely rarely created "legally." USA was created in illegal rebellion. So was almost all of the Arab World. So was China, so was India, so was Pakistan. Even states created by treaty (e.g. Poland or Canada) usually have an element, whether big or small, of "give us land peacefully or else."
    Why all the fuss about the Russians and Crimea then?

3. The 2014 FIFA World Cup, and the protests in Brazil.

Das Knecht said:
    vota dc said:
    Golradir said:
    Messi winning the golden ball?
    What a load of horsecrap, seriously what the ****..
    @vieira, yup!

Funny thing is that Muntari managed to draw against Germany, the match after there wasn't Muntari and Ghana lost against Portugal and was kicked out the world cup competition. So Muntari > Messi lol

Yeah Messi wasn't all that great. James Rodríguez would've been a much better choice for the Golden Ball IMO. Heck, even Neuer had a solid shot at that.
    Yeah, Rodriguez was really great.

What's with Messi and vomiting all the time?
  4. The 2014 FIFA World Cup, and the protests in Brazil.

Congrats to Germany, well deserved.
  5. The 2014 FIFA World Cup, and the protests in Brazil.

That's just because he's banging all other women in NK.
  6. The 2014 FIFA World Cup, and the protests in Brazil.

Yeah, I also noticed that not a single yellow card has been given for simulation/diving. Totally the opposite of the rules that UEFA is trying to apply in Champions league.
  7. The NSA Scandal.

Then it was a well planned election campaign, who wouldn't want to kick 'murican butt.  :razz:
  8. The NSA Scandal.

Wellenbrecher said:
    Most amusing - and one more argument for my "they're all equally useless" argument - the SPD before the election was all over the NSA thing and wanted it cleared up. Now that they share power with Merkel? Yeah, no, it's not that important is it? :roll:
    Well it really isn't that important, if you ask me. Europe has had so many problems recently starting with Greece and Euro crisis and then all this **** happening in Ukraine and Putin going crazy. Considering that Germans are dealing with most of those things, I don't think that Merkel gives a **** about NSA and their spy toys.
  9. The 2014 FIFA World Cup, and the protests in Brazil.

Holy ****, Brazil just scored.
  10. The 2014 FIFA World Cup, and the protests in Brazil.

Is there anyone from the German team who hasn't scored yet tonight?
  11. Kurdistan Workers' Party

ancalimon said:
    From CIA:

vry.jpg

between 1982&1990 >  Kurds: 12%
    between 1991&1992 >  Kurds: 17%
    between 1993&2008 >  Kurds: 20%
    between 2009&2013 >  Kurds: 18%

http://www.21yyte.org/tr/arastirma/milli-guvenlik-ve-dis-politika-arastirmalari-merkezi/2013/05/20/7008/kurt-nufusu-demografik-savas-ve-cia
    As some others have already pointed out, these numbers mean almost nothing. I believe that increasing number of Kurds in Turkey is mostly influenced by a high birth rate and not with some better life they found, as you are trying to represent. There are plenty of sources to support this, I'm not saying that there have not been refugees from Iraq and Iran to Turkey but bear in mind that significant number of them was scattered over various countries, including countries in Western Europe.   

Turkey has emerged as an economic superpower in Eastern Europe and the Middle East, with increasing influence in regional politics. Promoting itself as a model Muslim democracy, and widely admired by other Middle Eastern nations, the Turks now face a novel problem that western Europe and Japan have long contended with: a falling birth rate.
    Since the 1990s, Turkey's fertility rate has steadily declined, due to, among other factors, rising household incomes, expanded access to higher education for women and increased birth control practices.
    The fertility level in western Turkey, the most economically advanced part of the country, is now about 1.5 -- roughly the same as in western Europe.
    The Kurdish community of Turkey, which represents at least 15 percent of the country's overall population and dominates the south-eastern region) has such a high birth rate, that some observers -- most prominently Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan -- believe Kurds could become a majority in Turkey within another generation.
    According to Turkish government statistics, the average Kurdish woman in Turkey gives birth to about four children, more than double the rate for other Turkish mothers.
    "Fertility levels of Turks and Kurds are significantly different. At current fertility rates, Turkish-speaking women will give birth to an average of 1.88 children during their reproductive years. The corresponding figure is 4.07 children for Kurdish women. Kurdish women will have almost 2 children more than Turkish women."

http://www.ibtimes.com/turkey-high-kurdish-birth-rate-raises-questions-about-future-705488
    http://vvanwilgenburg.blogspot.com/2009/03/stratfor-kurds-no-demographic-challenge.html

Now your numbers make sense.
  12. The 2014 FIFA World Cup, and the protests in Brazil.

The Argentinians and the Dutch now: wtf, we'd better lose tomorrow...
  13. The 2014 FIFA World Cup, and the protests in Brazil.

Someone should stop this, it's humiliating.
Back
Top Bottom