Recent content by woyo-sensei

1. woyo-sensei

Shogun - Sengoku Jidai is OSP from now on!

OK, let's deal with it. I have no time to continue my work with this mod. All this time I've spent doing this mod was a great experience. You, I mean all of you, people with demands, people with good word and just other people :) , you helped me a lot. Seriously, thank you all. It doesn't mean I...
  2. woyo-sensei

Dead?

Suminagashi said:
    That is to say, the thread was created on May 9th, as opposed to an expected release on September 5th. WoYo-Sensei is indeed working on the mod, primarily multiplayer for the time being. However, the lack of a compatible version of WSE is causing a bit of a delay in the development process.
    That`s true. There is no point to continue without WSE, and probably even for actual version of Warband (1.153). Everyone are waiting for any updates for stable next version of Warband, and then, maybe, for new WSE version. ATM will be no more updates for this mod till new WSE version. Sorry guys, but, as I said, it`s no point without WSE.
  3. woyo-sensei

[WB] Warband Script Enhancer v3.2.0 (21/07/2013)

Cmp, forgive me stupid question, but how we can use this play_bink_file operation?
    For example, I have a movie in the main module directory, my_first_intro.bik. How can I play it?
    Do I have to use something like (play_bink_file, "bik_my_first_intro"), or maybe (play_bink_file, "my_first_intro.bik")?
  4. woyo-sensei

cmpxchg8b said:
    According to the bugtracker, new patch incoming.
    Thank god I didn't really do much porting.
    Cool! Do you know when we can expect new Warband version? Days? Weeks?
  5. woyo-sensei

Maxim Suvorov said:
    woyo-sensei said:
    Hi cmp. I have a request for new version. Ofc if this is possible to make, it could be very useful, I think. I was thinking about operation similar to agent_set_attached_scene_prop, but not to agent, but to bone. For example: scene_prop_attach_to_bone <agent_id>, <bone>, <position>, <scene_prop_id> or something like this.
    It`s just simple idea. If operation like this is already exist, then forget about it :razz:
    Thank you for your response.

get_bone_position => animate_scene_prop_to_position, transform pos if needed.

(sic!)

Thank you, sir! :smile: This could work. Now we just have to wait for stable Warband and new WSE version so we can implement a lot of new stuff into our mods :smile:
  6. woyo-sensei

New version is comming! What should be released first? Multi or single? 09/05/12

Instant Kill skill is one of my major features for single player, but now I know how to do this :smile:
    Besides there will be something very similar for multiplayer shinobi. I was thinking as well about finishers - spectacular animations for killer and dying enemy. Still need to work on this, but first results are very positive :smile:
  7. woyo-sensei

Hi cmp. I have a request for new version. Ofc if this is possible to make, it could be very useful, I think. I was thinking about operation similar to agent_set_attached_scene_prop, but not to agent, but to bone. For example: scene_prop_attach_to_bone <agent_id>, <bone>, <position>, <scene_prop_id> or something like this.
    It`s just simple idea. If operation like this is already exist, then forget about it :razz:
    Thank you for your response.
  8. woyo-sensei

Suggestions. Please read first post before you make one.

Well, I never stopped :razz:
    But now I must hold many things and new features because without WSE I can`t do what I want. ATM I have only two clans (just for training), rest of them are waiting. Damn WSE, we can`t live without it :razz:
  9. woyo-sensei

Suminagashi said:
    Awesome! I'm glad you found an alternative way to make something like that possibly work 'cause I figure my idea probably wouldn't work anyway 'cause of this...
    Suminagashi said:
    Also, according to this, “When slung over your back, they can still block ranged attacks coming from the rear; this trait applies only to the player's character, and does not benefit NPCs.” I don't know if this is true or not but I was always under the impression that everyone benefitted from rear protection, not just the player... but if it is true, then I guess the whole horo rear protection idea wouldn't work.
    So did you find a solution just with Warband coding or is it something crafty from WSE?

As for the katana 1H/2H thing... I know you said a bit earlier that you can use the X key to swap between functions with the katana (which I didn't know 'cause I don't play multiplayer, which I assume is what you meant) but the reason I mentioned it was because you do not appear to gain that same functionality in single player, so the 1-handed part of the weapon doesn't seem to actually serve a purpose for single player. ...Unless you found a way to change that as well? That would be cool.

Swapping katana to 1h/2h working for both single and multiplayer. About that horo - the secret is... scene props spawned behind the player. Still I have to make some more test, because atm I have some issues with collisions. But I think sooner or later I will fix it.
  10. woyo-sensei

Suminagashi said:
    I've been sitting on this idea for the horo troops in single player for a while now. I didn't want to say anything until seeing your modding interest returned.
    Wikipedia said:
    When inflated the horo was said to protect the wearer from arrows shot from the side and from behind.
    Why not add some purpose to the horo so they work like the real thing? I'll show you what I mean. Bear in mind I'm going under the assumption that you can set drop rates for specific items, which I admit I have zero knowledge about if modding allows you to do this.
    • Make all katana strictly 2-handed weapons. In fact, even if you don't like the following idea about making the horo work or if you can't set specific item drop rates, I'd suggest making this change to katana weapons regardless. As-is, having katana as 1-H/2-H is rather pointless since there's nothing to use in the off-hand, making them always use two hands anyway (except for a shield I found from caravan guards but I figure you'll remove that some time). The only thing it's possibly doing right now is confusing new players who are unfamiliar with M&B's bastard sword mechanics.
    • Make a shield item which is the actual horo. Because of the above change to katana, the troop with the horo equipped will never actually use the "shield," at least from my experience and understanding, which means that the troop will wear the shield over his back. Being worn on the back exclusively, the horo will only be able to protect the wearer from ranged attacks that come from behind him. I would think a relatively low HP value might be best so it can only take a few arrows before being torn up.
      • The shield item will use the horo model, which when worn on the back, will look pretty much exactly as it does now. I imagine you can simply cut the horo from the armor model and paste it into a shield item model, or something similar. In any case, if the horo has its own model separate from the armor worn, then the armor worn should not have the horo attached to the armor within the armor's model.
      • Alternatively, you could leave the horo on the armor model and simply have the shield item have an invisible model. This would likely be an easier way to do it, however, the problem with this is that you would not be able to see the horo destroyed upon taking enough damage. I personally think the former route of giving the horo shield item its own model is a better choice.
    • Give the horo shield item a 0% drop rate and not available in any stores, so that the player should never be able to acquire one. This should mean that the only people with horo are the Taisho Hatamoto... assuming of course that you can set the drop rate to 0%. If you cannot set a drop rate, than I guess you can just nix this entire horo idea 'cause it would be super stupid looking to see someone wearing one on their arm rather than on their back. Plus, y'know, I know you don't want any actual shields in your game. Also, according to this, “When slung over your back, they can still block ranged attacks coming from the rear; this trait applies only to the player's character, and does not benefit NPCs.” I don't know if this is true or not but I was always under the impression that everyone benefitted from rear protection, not just the player... but if it is true, then I guess the whole horo rear protection idea wouldn't work.
    I just think it would be cool to give the horo some function to go with its form, so it doesn't just look like these guys have the world's largest and most unusual tumors. Again, it's not an actual shield to be actively used, it's just manipulating the game's shield mechanics to allow the horo to passively do what they were made to do in real life. What do you think?
    Katana is one-handed and two-handed weapon, depends what you like. It`s more historical I think.

About Horo ("crazy balloons" :razz:). It`s possible. Not like a shield but... Heh, I found a better solution :smile: But it`s done. It`s protecting your back and it`s not an item, so you can`t equip it. Still testing it, but I think will be OK. Thank you for this idea :smile: I was thinking about horo as a shield before, but because of my too low skills it was not possible to make. Now I know little more about codding so it will be no problem to make something like this :smile:
  11. woyo-sensei

Well, Katana sword is one-handed by default, but you can change as two-handed when you press X key. One-handed is faster but less damage, two-handed is slower, but deals more damage. Range is same for both.
  12. woyo-sensei

My last post was two days ago :razz: And today ofc :razz:
  13. woyo-sensei

11sparky11 said:
    Mod's dead bro
    No offense, but who are you to say the mod is dead? Mod`s fine, same me. Still working on it, so don`t worry. I have to make a lot of stuff from scratch, besides I`m waiting for new WSE version.
    OK, so be it.
    Here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-gECg_rM7A
  14. woyo-sensei

OK, so let`s be clear. We all know that we have to wait for new WSE version. Cmp, are you working on the new version or we`re waiting for another patch for Warband and then for WSE?
    I think this should be the first question right now :smile:
    Thank you for your answer
    Regards
  15. woyo-sensei

modding progress?

True, still waiting for WSE. I`m trying to do as much as possible without it, but many operations are very useful and I can`t do what I want without them :sad:
    Nevertheless I`m making new version from scratch to avoid bugs and put some new features.
    2012-05-30_00005.jpg

2012-05-31_00002.jpg
Back
Top Bottom