Recent content by Winter

1. Winter

The Zone: Stalker Stories -- New game by an old M&B dev & modder!

That explains why Winter posts so rarely. Just following orders.
    Nah, it's crippling social anxiety.
  2. Winter

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

If you'd like to help out -- and I desperately need all the help I can get -- would you be willing to share it around? Posting it on forums or groups with people who play RPGs or visual novels, suggesting it to streamers you know or watch, that stuff can mean the difference between success and failure.
  3. Winter

Who of the old guard are still around?

Seems so, yes :grin:

I haven't forgotten you, though.
    Ha, I'm glad. Us old folks have to stick together, right?

You constantly pop up in my FB feed, so how could I forget you?
    Really? I can never remember where I know FB people from. I do have a memory like a sieve.
  4. Winter

It's been a while since I've been back in these lands... A few of the old folks might remember me from when I made StoryMod and CraftMod, back in the day. So I wanted to stop by and show you something new that I've been working on. It's a post-apocalyptic top-down RPG with card combat...
  5. Winter

Who of the old guard are still around?

Am I forgotten in these halls yet?

Seems like I only ever come back when I'm trying to promote something.
  6. Winter

Modders' Interviews | Get inspired by Greats and Legends!

Thanks for the kind words, lads. This was a fun trip down memory lane.
  7. Winter

The Next World - Seeking your input

Hullo chaps, Some of you may remember -- perhaps even played! -- my latest big game, The Next World. (Taleworlds topic) Well, I'm working on an expansion for it with a bunch of excellent new features, and I need more ideas. Among the excellent new features will be a lot more random events to...
  8. Winter

The Next World

In my best game (played fairly from beginning to end), I finished with 770 colonists, several more than I started with. So it is possible!
  9. Winter

The Next World

Launch week offer is over, game's not 20% off anymore. If you missed it, well, you're just going to have to wait for the next sale. Or... Or buy it at full price:evil:  :dead:

Venerable F. Sheep said:
    Really liking this so far. But eh,

The other colony named Elysium weirded me the **** out, as that is what I had typed in to call my colony before I renamed it Phoenicia. :razz:

Edit: Aww, I got voted out of position after 32 days and with 550 colonists remaining. :sad:
    Glad you've been having fun with the game! You can do better. I know you can.

PS. I've posted the first modding guide on the Steam forum, for those of you who like to add your own creative endeavours.
  10. Winter

The Next World

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
    FFS I'm still waiting for my autographed, hand-delivered copy of Street. I demand satisfaction!

I wasn't planning on buying any games any time soon, since I  have a lot to be getting on with and not much time to do it all in, but I'll probably buy this one semi-soon, if only so that Winter is one step closer to affording a flight back to Yerp to hand-deliver my autographed book  :evil:
    Great! Now I just need you to cover airfare, lodging, and sundry expenses.
  11. Winter

The Next World

We got a write-up on Rock Paper Shotgun. This pleases me.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/03/08/the-next-world-release/
  12. Winter

The Next World

Thanks for the review, mate! I'm glad you've had a good time with TNW so far, and I really appreciate all your help in making it resemble a proper, stable game. :wink:
  13. Winter

Beta testing for free game keys

Taalen said:
    If you're still on the lookout, I might be interested. You've definitely drawn inspiration from some great titles, and it looks interesting.

I've alpha and beta tested quite a few games in the past decade or so, though most of them were large volume tests where you just let a ton of people loose on your beta and hope somebody actually writes bug reports instead of just complaining. Some have been more proper small scale tests.

I'm a lifelong fan of strategy & sandbox genres and a very pedantic personality, so any issue I come across will be documented in detail.
    More are always welcome! Send me a PM with your Skype info and we'll see what can be done.
  14. Winter

Duh said:
    I can run it in the web browser, if that works for you. Should have all the same functionalities as running it on desktop. Sorry about that addendum, i hadn't looked into skype for PC ever since i got a smartphone, so i was unaware of this option before.
    That'd work. They do make Skype for smartphones too, if that's more convenient for you.

Please send me a PM with your Skype username and I'll be in touch forthwith.
  15. Winter

Duh said:
    As a modder i have done my fair share of feature and bug testing and partook in the organisation of one of the largest open public betas of the MB modding scene (Floris 2.5). Timing is pretty good as well, since i just finished with exams and ought to have quite a bit of free time to fill.

I cannot use skype on this computer, but am happy to use any other form of communication.
    We'd love to have you, but sadly Skype is a requirement on this one. It's what the whole team uses and real-time communication is necessary when stuff needs clarification, or I want to send console instructions, etc. etc..

Slev said:
    Sounds great, I'll try and list a bit of my experience:

• Pre-Alpha tester for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
    • Closed Beta for Heroes of the Storm
    • Closed Beta for World of Warplanes

I also have experience as a developer both in and out of games. (Though that's probably less relevant.)
    I'll send you a PM momentarily.

Sir Prince said:
    This sounds really cool, but I'd rather play the game when it's finished. I don't have much energy most days after work.
    That's totally cool. I hope you'll consider buying the game once it's out! We're going to have a pretty decent launch discount so it'll be worth getting early.
Back
Top Bottom