Recent content by WilhelmKohle1992

1. Removing lords' ages and family relations?

Simply hiding the age won't cut it. I need to eliminate the script that's aging up/down the lords so it won't mess with their facial models.
  2. Removing lords' ages and family relations?

Pretty much what it says on the title. I want to be able to remove lords' ages and family relations from WB, make it just like it was in the original M&B. I tried removing the initialize_aristocracy script, which worked, but also had unforeseen side-effects - for one, lords also didn't get any...
  3. Help with a script?

Ok, so through some creative editing of the enter_court script, I seem to have gotten it to work:
    Code:
     ("enter_court",
        [
          (store_script_param_1, ":center_no"),

(assign, "$talk_context", tc_court_talk),

(set_jump_mission,"mt_visit_town_castle"),
          (party_get_slot, ":castle_scene", ":center_no", slot_town_castle),
          (modify_visitors_at_site,":castle_scene"),
          (reset_visitors),
          #Adding guards
          (store_faction_of_party, ":center_faction", ":center_no"),
          (faction_get_slot, ":guard_troop", ":center_faction", slot_faction_guard_troop),
          (try_begin),
            (le, ":guard_troop", 0),
            (assign, ":guard_troop", "trp_swadian_infantry"),
          (try_end),
          (set_visitor, 6, ":guard_troop"),
          (set_visitor, 7, ":guard_troop"),

(assign, ":cur_pos", 16),
          (call_script, "script_get_heroes_attached_to_center", ":center_no", "p_temp_party"),
          (party_get_num_companion_stacks, ":num_stacks","p_temp_party"),
          (try_for_range, ":i_stack", 0, ":num_stacks"),
            (party_stack_get_troop_id, ":stack_troop","p_temp_party",":i_stack"),
            (lt, ":cur_pos", 32), # spawn up to entry point 32
            (set_visitor, ":cur_pos", ":stack_troop"),
            (val_add,":cur_pos", 1),
          (try_end),
          (try_for_range, ":cur_troop", heroes_begin, heroes_end),
            (troop_slot_eq, ":cur_troop", slot_troop_occupation, slto_kingdom_lady),
            (troop_slot_eq, ":cur_troop", slot_troop_cur_center, ":center_no"),
            (lt, ":cur_pos", 32), # spawn up to entry point 32
            (set_visitor, ":cur_pos", ":cur_troop"),
            (val_add,":cur_pos", 1),
          (try_end),

###ALRIC
    (try_begin),
    (eq, ":castle_scene", "scn_castle_25_interior"),
    (set_visitor, ":cur_pos", "trp_alric"),
    (try_end),
    ###ALRIC

(jump_to_scene,":castle_scene"),
          (scene_set_slot, ":castle_scene", slot_scene_visited, 1),
          (change_screen_mission),
      ]),
    I've highlighted my changes in red in case anyone's interested. I normally don't like to mess with core scripts like this unless I'm absolutely certain of what I'm doing - which I wasn't here - but everything seems to be working fine for now.
  4. Help with a script?

So the goal of this script is to spawn a quest-related NPC, Alric, inside a castle. He's not a lord, nor does he have a party or move around in the campaign map - he's supposed to be completely static. The script as it is now works, as in Alric actually spawns. Trouble is when another lord from...
  5. Super specific: how do I add items with modifiers (Tempered, Masterwork,etc.) to NPCs?

Well, it should work since others are using it too. The best here would be that you post your code and explain how you are using it so that we can see it and point to possible errors.

Otherwise edit process_troops.py and edit it as follows:
    Fixed it. Everything's working fine now. Ty.

Say, while I'm here, I got another issue I could use some help with. I've been dicking around with changing lords' flags and I've run into this issue:

For context, this is Klargus' castle. Klargus has a flag with a red background, I changed it to this blue one. Except for whatever reason, the back of his soldiers' heraldic armor is still red. Any idea why this is?
  6. Super specific: how do I add items with modifiers (Tempered, Masterwork,etc.) to NPCs?

Python:
    troop_add_item                           = 1530  # (troop_add_item, <troop_id>, <item_id>, [modifier]),
                                                     # Adds an item to the troop, optionally with a modifier (see imod_* constants in header_item_modifiers.py).
    Don't forget to add the respective modifier at the end. Is it some new weapon which you want to give them or is it their casual weapon which they have already at the beginning?
    As I said, that command doesn't seem to work properly here as the NPC won't equip any item I add that way.

If there's a way to just add the modifier to items they already have equipped on module_troops, I'm all ears. I didn't even know that was possible.
  7. Super specific: how do I add items with modifiers (Tempered, Masterwork,etc.) to NPCs?

I know it can be done - mods like PoP do it. Sadly, the standard "troop_add_item" command doesn't seem to work right as the NPC just won't equip any item added that way. How is it done?
  8. Open What's causing this and how do I fix it?

https://ibb.co/HP8173h Yeah, my lightning's been kinda effed up lately. I've been experimenting with a lot of mods, so maybe that's why - but it's the first time I've seen it acting up with gear. This particular armor set was extracted from Cozur's ACOK and it doesn't have that problem there...
  9. Where's the script that removes your gear for tournaments?

Basically, I want tournaments in my homebrew mod to be full-on brawls where contenders fight using the gear they normally use, instead of the practice gear the game gives you by default. Trouble is I can't find the script that removes your gear in the first place. I imagine it's somewhere in...
  10. Where is the script that controls army size for Lords and Knights located?

It's "party_get_ideal_size" script located in module_scripts.

Thanks. What about army composition? Is it the same one?
  11. Where is the script that controls army size for Lords and Knights located?

What it says on the title. I assumed it was module_party templates at first, but it doesn't seem to be.
  12. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

I did, actually, but I obviously messed it up somewhere along the way. I've tried it again using what you posted here and now it's working. Ty.
  13. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

No, it's all there. All the tabs, everything. I think it's pretty obvious that it's the fact this one piece is heraldic that's causing the trouble. I was just hoping you might be able to tell me what it was based on that screen alone.
  14. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

I literally dumped the entire Texture folder from the download into the one from my mod.

The armor even looks fine when I open on OpenBrf. All the other non-heraldic pieces work too, it's just this one that's giving me trouble.
  15. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

This is kind of embarrassing, but I've been trying to get narf's heraldic armor set into my mod, and no matter what I do, I just can't get it to work. It always comes out like this:

https://ibb.co/Lr2CzGN

What am I doing wrong here, guys?
Back
Top Bottom