Recent content by wideeyenow01

1. Resolved GamePad(Xbox) still not correct, and bugs found

Summary: GamePad controls and it's cursor need help How to Reproduce: Play the game with Xbox controller(only) Have you used cheats and if so which: never Scene Name (if related): Media (Screenshots & Video): Computer Specs: OS: GPU: GPU Driver Version: CPU: RAM: 4GB Motherboard: Storage Device...
  2. Does it feel like you HAVE to execute people?

I've never played with executing lords, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing it wrong and I should be killing my enemies so they stop coming back with peasant armies every 2 minutes.
    I've done 4 playthroughs, the first 3 I went nuts executing everyone, and the fourth I really really tried not executing anyone... tried...

What you'll eventually come to the realization is;
    - Ally Lords will turncoat and become new enemies
    - The enemies will always have more Lords (mercenaries eventually become nobles, children in time grow up)
    - Killing off a Line, Succession, or Faction does nothing (another faction will be granted all settlements, not you)
    - Everyone will hate you (friends of friends affected), so wife/dynasty option equals null (unless you got one early on)
    - And regardless what you do, Sieges will be endless (unless you execute every single person, then their just partly forever)

The way TaleWorlds is forcing you to enjoy the game is either;
    - Disregard Main Quest, stay as a vassal/mercenary (main quest is timed 10 years, and AI chooses war or peace(rarely peace))
    - Focus on Main Quest, create your own Kingdom (start world war 3, or you can constantly pay for peace = 30k and up almost each day)

> Between these two options you can choose to kill, or not to kill;
    - Kill = Long and tedious process to battle, catch, execute everyone AND THEN go to every settlement and siege it (faster version)
    - Not Kill = Stay with 1 settlement, garrison it up with enough troops so it loses more money than it makes which hopefully prevents it from sieges. AND THEN focus on the next settlement, and repeat the process. However if you chose Vassal Option, there is a really good chance the settlement you just won over will not be yours, the AI will lose it and you fight it again and again (this does not mean you can't throw your own troops for garrison, however they do have a chance to be pulled out for the next defeated lord to rebuild his army). (extremely long and slow version)

* Keep in mind a big garrison equals massive negative food production, which in turn lowers prosperity, which lowers money gained from owning it. (Sounds like a huge gold waste, but money earned from just defending it will produce quite well. i.e. loot from battles)

So the question is, How long do you want the playthrough to last? A month ?= Kill... or Forever ?= Not Kill...
  3. POLL: Eliminate Dragon Banner Quest and install Variable Playthrough Styles?

I don't think it's intended for the main quest to be the only way to create a kingdom, but I imagine the old warband methods won't be available until diplomacy is in. I prefer the sandbox style myself but I also think it's silly to demand the removal of a feature just because others aren't implemented yet. It's early days here folks.
    No I totally get ya... Early Access, things will change... Well in Early Access the main playstyle of the game, the core code, should already be in there... And if the core code doesn't allow you to inherit what you kill, then it's just so stupid... This should be a Medieval War game, and law was back then, you kill it you own it. True there was rebellions, and more acts of war to follow, but that's not in the game...

And true, maybe that is what they are going to do... But we all understand our playthroughs and saves now are useless...

So why not allow, in early access, the fact you CAN win stuff besides loot? i.e. settlements

Yes, I loved Warband, played it on Xbox and it was in the top 5 games best games I own... The biggest problems with it, was your list of party kept resetting to the top every single action, so slamming on the D-pad right, down, down, down, etc... Became extremely annoying... And there was no Mod support to fix some or any of the issues the game had, that you needed to work around carefully...

AND IN WARBAND I HAD THE OPTION TO HOLD ONTO MY LORD PRISONER, true he may of escaped, but high garrison in a castle seemed to hold them indefinitely... GORGEOUS idea! wtf happened to it???
  4. POLL: Eliminate Dragon Banner Quest and install Variable Playthrough Styles?

Way to ask guided questions in the poll lol... The quest is totally optional, so I don’t see how it’s restrictive. Unless you’re bothered by the fact that you have a set family in the beginning, I guess. I like it, as it makes the world seem less sterile. The only issue I have with it is how at the moment it’s your only way to start a faction, so I’m hoping that changes.
    You are forced and guided in game, so that's the point.. :wink:

If you want the game to keep going.... You MUST have a good noble relation to marry...(children/dynasty)
    If you want to own settlements properly... You MUST make your own kingdom...(ruler perks, increased army, policies)
    If you want to make a Kingdom... You MUST do it fast, and agree to cause war that never ends, unless you execute Lords...
    If you want to execute Lords... You MUST ruin the game...
    If you want to eliminate a single faction and take what they own... You MUST watch as all settlements are gifted to another Faction...
    If you want the wars to end... You MUST execute everyone...

I don't know if you've noticed, but you are literally forced to go one way about things, and it turns into trash in the end. If you don't want your game to end at some point you have to marry a noble early on. Even if you vassal with another faction, there will the day where your faction gets completely crushed, all lords leave, and it's just you and the ruler. And your stuck constantly fighting the same battles over and over, same sieges over and over, to no avail because the ruler will eventually stop crowning you the castle or town, and keep it for himself so he can gain the money to hire mercenaries accordingly. If you don't execute everyone you fight, you constantly fight them, never-endingly. AND when you do execute them, the ruler just makes more enemies with other factions, and it never ends until everyone is dead...

True, there may be the one exception where the Lord you vassaled with, does a great playstyle, and you literally are not what hinges on their victory status... In 4 playthroughs, I've never seen that be the case, it seems as whoever you choose always loses battles, and always loses vassals...

I love the game... BUT after watching 2 Factions I eliminated gift all of their settlements to another Faction? It burnt me out... True, If I execute everyone I eventually should be the only one left to inherit everything... BUT not only do I see one of the mercenaries stuck on the side of a cliff, near rehsose, so I know eventually he will own everything before me... BUT I know the way the game forces you to play, is I have to Longly and Tiringly take every single settlement by hand, one by one... AND knowing what has to be done, recognizing the time frame involved, and understanding all the bullsh*t, just makes it all not worth it and gives the game an official "GARBAGE" title and award...

IF YOU ARE ABLE TO CHOOSE THEY WAY YOU WANT TO PLAY THE GAME, then there wouldn't be a problem... Killing off a faction would grant you their settlements... And if there wasn't a Dragon Banner Quest line, you could create your own kingdom peacefully, or at least diplomatically.
    However you'll argue that you can, you can talk nobles into following you... tried that... they leave soon after... And you can't persuade a leader of a faction to do anything, so there's always that...
    I don't understand why there is LIMITATIONS in an OPEN WORLD / SANDBOX game... Not one damn sense made from any of it............
  5. [e1.2.0] So, the game seems to be completely broken at the moment

Devs are releasing updates DAILY. And yes, it's early access. And we are seeing features being added all the time, tweaks being made all around, so expect broken and unbalanced things. Tomorrow, LITERALLY, will be different. We need to tone our grievances accordingly, i think.
    Daily? then how come they launched Beta 1.1 like 5 days ago, and are just now on 1.2?

To the OP @Lesbosisles , yes they seem to be roadblocking everything we want to do, limiting play styles and choices we consumers really want. And in their process to nerf things we actually liked about the game, they are just causing more headaches for themselves and us players.

If history has taught anyone anything in the video game realm, when you start nerfing, you start losing profits... And people stop playing... And multiplayers servers can't afford to run anymore... And the game enters the dreaded graveyard... And only a wiki post remains...

We don't want limited #of businesses, we don't want limited #of caravans, and we sure as hell don't want to be forced to make or break a Kingdom in a timed sequence.

WE WANT TO CHOOSE WHAT WE DO
  6. I like the new more realistic economy

I get ya, but it's just sad when you see the day where mods are the only way to make a game interesting and appealing :sad:
  7. Wives are Baby making machines

I'm now in my fourth playthrough, and I give up making a new one until they change things for the better, and stop making things worse. :sad:

So I just know whatever I do now, or even have now is totally pointless, and I'm just gonna enjoy what little fun I can have at the moment...

#OldSavesAreTrash <- lol
  8. I like the new more realistic economy

@Maximum997 lol, don't worry about Battanian Fian Champions being the best... Seeing how far they're pushing this game into the trashcan with the decisions they're making?

The nerf will soon come, young padawan.... Much to learn you have...

lmao :wink:
  9. How do i destroy a Kingdom?

I've already tested killing out an entire faction, and another faction took the prize... so stupid...

I'm assuming it's because one of the original nobles of said faction joined another faction, and since you killed everyone it reverts to the next in line, who's not next in line anymore... YOU SHOULD GAIN WHAT YOU KILL..............................................

I just don't understand why there is so many roadblocks in this game that ruin it...
    The code is literally meant to just constantly screw the player over :sad:
  10. I like the new more realistic economy

Ahahahahha. Just watch this video. It is the most broken thing then i saw in BL. And it says something.

I totaly belive that it is not a mod problems. Devs just dont think about some things.

For example there is a perk on 125 leadership that can revert a bandit into regular troop. Sounds not so good, right?

BUT the most broken thing about this - for some reason you can revert them into noble ones. So for exanple i farmed forest bandits for about 30 minutes and got 100 elite noble Batanian archers in my army.

For the same result i need to spend tons of time to get relashionships and ride around all Battania for a weeks to get so many nobles.

And the same way all bandits (exept looters) works. So after getting this perk i never ever need to recruit in someone in towns. Becouse i can chase 15 bandits, recruit them and revert to elite noble warriors.
    True, turning Brigands into Sturgian Veteran Soldiers quite easily is a tad broken... lol, but yes disciplinarian should just change any bandit into a peasant, who then becomes a hired sword/crossbow seems more realistic. You're taking an uncivilized person and making them civilized...

However, I think it's the stats of said bandit, that technically would make it as good as "elite troop", ya know one handed at 120 or agility at 80, etc... So I get it, the unit shouldn't lose it's stats because it changed into another, if anything it should gain stats...

Personally I like the bandit units themselves, the Forest Bandit? ohhh do I love that guy, he's quick, plays an archer role, and when things get messy he runs in with a two handed axe and goes berserk... It's one of the only units that live through all my major battles and is a must have for me!
  11. POLL: Eliminate Dragon Banner Quest and install Variable Playthrough Styles?

Well story lines do give a game an aspect, and more consequence to more or less choose your path in the midst... Like Skyrim for example, nords vs Empire and Alduin returning and you're a Dragonborn. It makes the world come alive, and gives you reasons to choose what you wanna do...

Now in Bannerlord, I get it, the empire has split among itself, and all other banner lords are vying to rule. So I guess the Dragon Banner is supposed to be your claim to a new empire? But with no blood relation to any noble, and simply lying about the artifact you just made to become king, and some woman to expose you for a liar and to ruin everything you've worked for, is just ridiculous... UNLESS there's a plot twist late game that shows your a bastard child from what's-his-face and her trying to cause a conspiracy brings that up, THEN OK, nice! But the Art of Conquest, and making yourself a noble via deeds or sword, should be at least an option :sad:
  12. I like the new more realistic economy

But you can!
    That is proof XD

yeah i saw that, he only trades for a part of the beginning, and uses old versions of the game. And he is well known for using mods, spiffing brit is just a character like any other. Plus I think that was when the wood shop gave over 10k a day?
  13. I like the new more realistic economy

... Never thought about playing a trader in a M&B game until I saw BL's trading system and the ability to let others fight your wars. That kind of hooked me to the idea. Using wealth to buy fiefs, political power through economical power, it adds to the game ...
    lol, I forget what streamer it was, but in the beginning he was like "yeah we're gonna become a powerful merchant with this playthrough", and by 2 streams later he's on a different playthrough and not trading at all... too funny
  14. I like the new more realistic economy

Dude you are thinking with your feet. That would make sense if one or two towns had little gold. But when after only 20 mins of playing almost every single town is broke, it's obviously not working properly.

I don't mind making the game harder and money harder to get, reduce the loot or whatever. But getting all this loot and having nowhere to sell it or having to traverse the whole continent to sell bit by bit at every single town, what's the point?

It's clearly an unintended feature, aka a bug.
    not thinking with my feet, just noticing the obvious since day one... And even when a town does get low, if it has things to sell it regains money the next day... Never have I seen a town stay with no gold...

So if you're saying you see towns, with no burning villages, and hasn't been attacked recently, and no lords constantly running in and out of it, and it always has 4 gold... then yes, that must clearly be a bug... Because within 4 different playthroughs, I've never seen this issue :/
  15. I like the new more realistic economy

AHAHAHAHA I like the devs mindset.

We have a problem - there was nothing to spend money on
    How to solve it? Lets nerf money making
    Right now i even dont take a loot and prisoners. Becouse i just dont need money - only thing i need to buy is a 1000 units of grain.

We have a problem - players kills all lords, becouse lords army spawnrate is insane and it is the only way to win a war
    How to solve it? Lets nerf lord killing

Thats wgy they are walking with 80% pesants army of and i can beat 1000 army with my 150 troops. But so realistic wow.
    I strongly agree... We want this to be an open world experience, and choose how we want the game to go. And by nerfing everything, it's limiting the play styles even more and more... :sad:
Back
Top Bottom