Recent content by WeiKaiXuan

1. Snowballing in mid to late game

At some point someone has to win. Imho artificially dragging out the game into a stalemate for years would get extremely grindy and would probably cause a lot of players to quit. My biggest issue with late game is how a kingdom can be beaten have no fiefs and 1 clan and still harass you by constantly raiding villages and hiring multiple merc companies with money they must get through magic.

OMG This! I eliminated Vlandia and they not only refused to disband, but because they hated my guts, would not join Battania (where I was playing for), but they would declare war CONSTANTLY, while being listed as broke. They had no influence to call armies after I tossed them in jail enough times, but they would raid my settlements non-stop like little roaches. Prior patches had no such issue. You even got to see a kingdom dissolve with a banner notification at the top saying that the remaining lords have went to other kingdoms. Why can't we get that back?
  2. Constant Warfare : Did Taleworld adress that ?

I'm one of the "eternal wars" players or you get peace with 1 but then 1 or 2 others declare war.

The problem imo is related to a few things :
    *Power rating of the kingdome. Roughly each time I hit 10-12k this problem arise.
    Basically since the starting factions power rating is what 4-5k roughly, it means you've gobbled up large chunks of either 1 kingdome(usually not) but large parts of 2-3 of them.
    The AI puts too much emphasis on the power, and not accounting for how many actual lords there is and how much of said power they can use to muster armies.
    Meaning most of that power is actually in settlements and not out and about, in that regard the factions actual power is equal to the others(generally its less, as the AI is better at recruiting more mercnaries).

*Mercenaries they actually are part of the problem, I did a test where I just removed them from the game, and then the game unfolded with normal peace/war more or less all the time.

The problem is that instead of admitting defeat, and paying tribute - kingdomes just keep on hireing mercenaries.
    Specially when you come to that powerpoint I mentioned, then the AI in proximity to you will stop fighting amongs themselves and gank up on the player faction.
    This is more so an issue when you are locked in a 1v1 with them, then you'll see them have 2-3 merc companies shy from haveing all of them in their employee.

Solution - limit the amount of companies a company can hire, maybe 3-5 tops(thats 3*4 lords more for them or 5*4 so thats kind of alot of parties/troop to bolster them).

This would also mean that the kingdomes should be more inclined to accept peace instead of dragging on a war that "never end".

*Lower threshold to want peace when more lords are imprisoned - when I have captured 30+ of the other sides lords and they still dont want peace it dont feel right(again this is also sort of caused by mercenary bolstering them too much).

Prolly cap it at 15-25 and they should want peace, that many lords would be about 1-2 fairly big armies on their own, and if that many had been defeated well, they usually want to have peace to regroup.

The issue is more frequent I think to certain playerstyle, where we are "in the thick of it" all the time, instead of just be *meh you lot can burn*
    So the kingdome "wins" too much and thus see no need to stop, dial down the warmongering lust, add more fatigue/exhaustion from war.

*Bring back from Warband peace duration and tribute aswell.
    Tribute, cause well then they arent "forced" to declare war, cause they feel they pay to much tribute now vs what was needed.
    Peace duration, cause after decimating an army after army, and getting them to submit..
    2 days later guess who declares war again - they are all out of the dungeon, have gathered up all the parties again, and we got a war declaration from another kingdome.

Too put it this way, when this "chain of endless war started" my oldest kid was 4 yrs old and had 1 sibling.
    He is now 14, and have 5 more siblings.
    10 yrs + of endless/chain wars.
    Just tanks the fun out of the game.

Started with Battania, we conqured alot of their lands, after they had a long war with Vlandia(I'm Sturgia).
    In the midst of this Khuzait on the opposite of the map declared war, I went there, crushed ther armies hard - Khuzait got declared war upon by Norther Empire - > peace with Khuzait.
    Battania still at war with us.
    Now Vlandia declares war on us, which leads to us conquering the lands they had taken from Battania.
    Battania then declares war on Vlandia. Vlandia now wants peace with us, we're still at war with Battnia.
    Western Empire declares war on us(one of the holdings we took from Vlandia was Lageta which they had taken from WE)(Fair enough).
    We have peace with Battania now.
    Western Empire war drags on and on and on and on back and forth.
    Vlandia declares war, 2-3 big battles with them, Battania declares war on Vlandia - peace with Vlandia, still in war with WE.
    Battania declares war on us(while still at war with Vlandia, that they are looseing..).
    WE accepts peace.
    We take more of Battania, Vlandia declares war on us.
    We get peace with Battania, but still at war with Vlandia.

I dont want there to be peace all the time once you hit that threshold, but ffs(pardon my french) atleast some time in between.
    Once you hit that threshold you got 2 choices either let it all burn and loose all progress so to speak in days, or be locked in the cycle of endless wars.
    Now if this is how its intended to be designed, then this is not a design I think is good.
    Tbh this is one of the issues which makes me want to stop playing the game without mods, as it just tanks the fun.

Also to some degree it undermines the need for "legacy play" as within 1st characters death you have conqured the whole map, cause the other side never ever wants to submit.

Ideally it would rather have unfolded with some peace, and that the others reclaim a few of their lands again, then peace. we take it back etc.
    Not cause we're so sucessfull it will jsut never end - warmongering.

I know its wall of text, ranty, but its sadly how I experience the game and for my playstyle it tanks the fun once you hit that lvl.

Incredible post. Thanks for taking the time to break it down for us. Makes alot more sense now.
  3. Constant Warfare : Did Taleworld adress that ?

Say for all you guys that are saying that Taleworlds refuses to fix this issue, did they officially say that somewhere? If they really feel this way, that is going to be a serious issue. I can only speak for myself, but it may cause me to stop playing. I like the game but man that excessive warfare declaration mechanic literally kills the game for me. I usually just re-roll once it gets to be too much because it sucks the fun out of the game. The war declaration cooldown at a minimum needs to be more than just a few days or whatever it is.

Waiting for modders to fix a core issue of the game is not a good precedence to make. Bethesda still to this day gets roasted about their similar issues.

I am happy companies like Taleworlds exist, because they are still willing to make a singleplayer game in the first place. This game is still amazing, but there are a few major things that really needs to be fixed before everyone else (especially whiny games journalists) tries it at official release, and then proceed to trash Talewords and also trash singleplayer games in general. When the only games any company makes is a battle royale or a MMO, we all lose.
  4. Never thought I will complain to endless warfare 1.5.7

I gotta echo the OP's post. the endless war really makes it hard to get things done, like recruiting more lords, managing fiefs, restocking troops/garrisons/etc.

I really wish there was a cooldown after a peace deal. My current beta playthrough as a lord of Battania, never gets past a few days between Vlandia declaring war right after peace was made. Of course after a while 3 way wars become a thing as well. I see others complaining about the end game grind in other threads. It makes you want to just start over again because it becomes extremely arduous to fight endless wars that are hard to keep peace treaties with.

Maybe the AI should be forced to pay more penalty for breaking peace treaties before a certain time, upon losing again. Seems like there is just no disincentive for the AI to declare war when they really shouldn't. Since the AI cheats (just my guess) by getting instant refills of troops, etc. there is not any mechanic that they can use to weigh the benefits or disadvantages of war. They don't need to build up anything either or fix rebellions as a priority either.

Some might like it this way for difficulty reasons, but that could be a different game mode. The main game really shouldn't be this non-stop royal rumble from all sides. It makes it hard to enjoy the other aspects of the game.
  5. Exploit: Leadreship + Smithing = Sabotage

They wrote it eleven years ago.
    In what a previous version of the game? I never played those, so I cannot comment on how feasible that would be with this game's engine or not.
  6. On Crafting Orders

I do not have any useful feedback to offer, but I really enjoy the changes made to smithing. Thanks.
  7. Noble Genocide

Gotta agree with the OP. It's too high. 2% seems too low though from the earlier beta play I had. I'm still trying to figure out why on Earth did they remove the negative relationship from deaths you cause to other lords via battle! That was a cool feature. Maybe instead of -10, it could have been -5, but still.... to remove it all made the game less interesting from a drama standpoint.
  8. Exploit: Leadreship + Smithing = Sabotage

This "exploit" is extremely gamey. I do not think the devs could write something in the game rules to block you from doing this. If you want a challenge play without the cheesy stuff. If the devs tried to block your playstyle, they might inadvertently hurt the rest of us, that do not play that way.
  9. Endless Wars in 1.5.7 How to make a faction make peace with everyone?

I too would like to see longer cooldowns between wars. It's way too hard to recruit troops, handle affairs, retreive companions that got captured and rebuild their parties, manage your own fiefs, etc etc etc. The game gets kinda cheesy in a way because you know the massive never ending war grind is coming, so you have to make sure you have millions in gold, kids made, etc before even attempting to take over the map.
  10. AI siege decisions Beta e1.5.6

I had 300 militia in my Vostrum settlement originally until the attacks started. The first attacker had an army over 1000, after that, I could not manage more than 150-200 between attacks and defending. 300 men was alot more than most of the other castles and settlements in that area. I never though to put my best ranked archers in there and add 400 total. I will try that if I can get some peace treaties first, and see if it keeps happening. Thanks for the advice guys.
  11. AI siege decisions Beta e1.5.6

I have been running 2 different playthroughs concurrently and something that concerns me is just how puzzling the AI is deciding to take castles and settlements. They take castles too far from the territory they actually hold, making it almost impossible to keep. They will ride past several...
  12. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.5

Kind of a bummer that disciplinarian was removed. I started a new game to check out the new Roguery tree stuff, wasted 2 hours trying to find where the replacement perk was, until I found this thread..... Kind of defeats the purpose of having weak bandits in the party if you cannot improve them in any way shape or form. I don't recall seeing this in the patch notes, but I watched Italian Sparticus video on the patch notes. Maybe he missed it somewhere.

I guess I will start a new game and try out something else I have not done yet.
Back
Top Bottom