Recent content by WebSite

1. WebSite

SP - World Map My thoughts on the Faction Snowball effect. Campaigns should go on forever!

One of the problems i noticed with the balancing, which tremendously favoured Snowballing, is that faction growth is exponential via the defection system. On my first campaign, i joined the Vlandians early on and we were relatively balanced out. That is until the battanians came knocking with a 1.2k army and we lost Sargot to them.

We lost a city via war.

Then most clans started defecting Vlandia to join Battania/Northern Empire. We lost a city via war, but we lost 2 cities and countless castles via defections. And so, battania now fielded TWO 1.2k armies, one of which was mostly compromised of Vlandian defectors.

My point is, not only do factions have a horrible time trying to get back on their feet (recruiting, looters, priorities, etc.) but the winning faction just keeps getting bigger and bigger and able to fight many more wars at the same time. The second they start capturing cities and recruiting defectors, there's literally no way of stopping them.
  2. WebSite

[BUG] Most armour (and potentially weapons) missing from the trader

I read somewhere that this might be either an oversight by TW or a Bug that has not been found yet.

Essentially, items that are flagged for multiplayer ("Multiplayer=true") in the config, don't appear in trader inventories in singleplayer. Apparently if you untoggle this option they start appearing.
  3. WebSite

Leadership exp gain rate

I found that the best way to train leadership was to marshall a few armies and lead them into battle. I had 0 focus on it and still levelled it quite fast, i guess that with focus it'll just skyrocket.
  4. WebSite

Bannerlord SP First Reactions: Megathread

I "finished" my first campaign, in about 18 hours. (i lost, i play max difficulty).

Doing the first part of the campaign quest was a slog. Finding those 10 lords is no easy task, especially in the early game. When i was presented with the choice of siding with the empire or trying to **** with it, i decided to fight for it's downfall (i'd been a merc for them until then, so it kinda made sense from a RP perspective?).

I then joined the Vlandians.

Like in Warband, the Vlandians get their ass kicked constantly, and the only way to make them win seems to be to start a snowball of defections on an enemy faction. I didn't manage to create one, so MANY vlandian lords defected after we lost 1 city. (lost 1 city to war, about 5 castles and 2 cities to defections, within 1-2 months). Couldn't recover from that, so i defected Vlandia too, only to realize that the Northern Empire had conquered 3/4ths of the map by then. Guess i failed my mission!

some general thoughts:
    1. Wood Workshops are game-breaking. They produce WAYY too much money.
    2. I didn't find a way to start looking into romance mechanics. Tournaments don't generate feasts (was it just me or are feasts gone?). I met exactly 0 ladies. (Some warrior women but those don't seem to count).
    3. The economy seemed to be... ****ed? The stocks of armour/weapons on the vast majority of cities i visited seemed to be static. No matter the prosperity of each city.
    4. I love the new army system.
    5. The performance in sieges has been horrible for me so far. Campaign and battles are OK (90-120 fps on a 2k resolution). But Sieges easily dip into 10-20 fps. I'd like to think this is some kind of performance bug hogging too much resources.
    6. Snowballing seems like a bit too powerful. Defections can brutalize a faction within a matter of days.
    7. Combat seems OK. I was sad i couldn't use autoblock anymore (i used it in SP). But since i've got a bit of experience in MP i didn't struggle too much to take those empire cataphracts down in tournaments. Newcomers will **** bricks though.
    8. Tournaments are a wasted opportunity, IMO. Some Warband mods turned them into really fun and lucrative events. Now they're just a high-risk grind. Most tournament rewards were lacklustre. Their formula felt repetitive to me.
    9. I didn't really explore the barter system/social aspect of the game with other lords. Maybe because my faction got ****ed early on and there weren't many of us left. (around 5 clans).
    10. Sea Raider Hideouts are bugged and don't ever load.

edit: a few more additional thoughts
    11. I ****ing love the new horse animations (all animations in general but specially the horses). Those turns though.
    12. Not sure how i feel about the new skill system. It feels a little convoluted to me. (and i somehow stopped gaining much points at all once i hit lvl 10).
    13. Companions feel a bit hollow to me. Not sure i enjoy them having a family name, either.

That's all i can think of for now. Loving the game so far.
  5. WebSite

Discussion Thread: Gamescom 2017 Media

Auldman said:
    The video looks great. Every video has looked great. You always wonder what they're not showing in terms of flaws. Honestly I really could use a little more frankness about where the game is at in terms of it's development. I really hope they deign to give us some indication of that before the end of this year. But hey-another great looking video (even if I have zero interest in MP)!  :grin:

I have to agree with you there. Despite some minor flaws and hiccups, al the videos shown so far depict a pretty functional and silky smooth experience. Makes you wonder what aspects of the game are not as developed, or are giving the devs problems, in order for them to justify their release date policy (this could make for an interesting weekly blog, IMO).

At any rate, the video was good fun, the new mode looks interesting and shows quite a lot and i'm so far satisfied with what was shown.
  6. WebSite

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

New dev blog literally just went up on steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1439316518687704565
  7. WebSite

Thx for cool screenshots

EmielRegis said:
    Lust still here. sshhhhhhhhh guys behave friendly......ekhem.....O boy I would love me some new bannerlord screenshots! screenshots so cool ye.

UPoifQt.png
    V I S I T E D
    I
    S
    I
    T
    E
    D
  8. WebSite

Just dropping by to be on the 3000th page.
  9. WebSite

Ki-Ok Khan said:
    WebSite said:
    "Scans" of the issue, for those of you that want to read it. (all of you I presume)

http://imgur.com/DyTta6j
    Those are old.
    Someone even put those into text.

Huh I have been made a fool of then  :lol: My bad!
  10. WebSite

"Scans" of the issue, for those of you that want to read it. (all of you I presume)

http://imgur.com/DyTta6j
  11. WebSite

hoe12moe said:
    I wonder if you can catapult cows.

Run away! Run Away!

disease-spreading cow catapult mod WHEN?
  12. WebSite

Mustafa Korkmaz said:
    Siege Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705at0Pr4fM

Extended Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8

goddamnit you beautiful bastard
  13. WebSite

MOAR FOR THE LOVE OF GOD :party:
  14. WebSite

Bonerlord footage confirmed bois.