Recent content by Agroplode

1. Agroplode

[1.7.0] Impossible to separate infantry types now into different formations?

This system reminds me of ordering at the fast food driveway. No matter how I try to explain my order, I always get the mishmash.. with onions. 😞
  2. Agroplode

Running down enemies on world map

I just remembered this mod. I have not tried it.
  3. Agroplode

I want my money back. Seriously.

TaleWorlds invested lots of points in Roguery. 🦹‍♂️🧌 🤷‍♂️
  4. Agroplode

Possible solution to balance Khan's Guard?

You refusing to answer the question proves that you know the answer makes my argument for me.

I'll answer the question for you, since you're incapable of doing it. Here's what you would have said:

"Yes, I would nerf an elite cataphract if it instantly won the battles. Why? Because it would take all the challenge out of the game, and I would not like to force myself not to use the unit just to have challenge."

The exact same logic applies to Khan's Guard. It's so much stronger than other units (beating every other T6 troop at a 2:1 ratio or better!) that it takes a lot of challenge and tactical decision making out of the game. You have to force yourself not to use them if you want challenge, so you miss out on game content and damage your own immersion. This is a bad thing and does not need to exist.

And now you can see why game developers would nerf something in a singleplayer game.

Which by the way, is fairly common practice in singleplayer games. Perhaps you think you know better than the majority of game designers who ever made a game? They were all just mistaken, and only you were smart enough to figure out that there's no good reason to nerf something in a singleplayer game?
    The defeat of all Calradia is set in stone, from day 1, its just a matter how fast I want to do it. That is how smart the game designers are, You making ignorant statements on my behalf dont serve anybody.

Learn to play the game and you will never think about Khans Guard again.

No more F1+F3
  5. Agroplode

Upkeep for mounted troops

We can use the Steward perks to level up troops. We drop armor and weapons in exchange for experience to troops. I just feel it kind of makes it look like, we gave them armor and they upgraded.

I think the troops should need far more experience to level. Because tier 4+ is so much better than everything before them. It would also make it more fun for me, to try and keep them alive, so they can level. Now its too easy to level. I also don't like the Steward perks making it easier, so I never use them.

It could be that if playing on very easy it should stay as is and the higher difficulty settings would make it harder to level troops?
  6. Agroplode

Upkeep for mounted troops

Yep.

I've never really liked the amount of cash you can get from loot, the idea to make it rewarding to occasionally get a higher tier item for cheaper wears off after a short time. The cost of most things in the game becomes trivial as the main way to advance is to fight battles which rewards with huge amounts of money. Between loot, prisoners, and mercenary pay- you can get to 1 million in a couple months.

The only way I could see the current amounts of battle loot being important is if soldiers also needed gear to level up, not every piece but that the party leader would have to supply at least 2 piece of equipment for the soldier to get promoted.
    But discarded armor and weapons kind of fill that role?
  7. Agroplode

I don't know about them but I want to play a faction without having to straight up ignore a troop just to avoid getting an absurd advantage.

In the end though I just don't see the value of sticking to vanilla. Its hopeless and the devs straight up don't care about this anymore.
    I agree but it dont bother me since its sp.

In the end I think the cheesy economy is at fault the most and second the lack of danger. We can make millions and get a full party of nobles, and we can stay neutral, while riding about doing our business. Third I would like to mention all troops should have better armor, I want them to fight it out in 10 min or 20 min battles.
  8. Agroplode

I still stand by my own little fix. Significantly lighter armour (especially on the legs), lower skills and a sword in addition to their glaive so that they only have a single quiver.

knerf.jpg

This makes them still feel like the killers they ought to, but without being able to last long in melee or range. Heavy Lancers and Heavy Horse Archers will do better at their specific tasks.

Also they look nicer this way imo.

None of the Khans in history were running around with armies of such troops lol. Anything like that were literally the Khan's Guard.

The Mongols and other great Steppe peoples got **** done with so much more than just 'horse archery' or some kind of OP warrior.
    I dont care about history. I play Bannerlord to have fun.
    Historically steppe riders used lasso rope to catch knights. So do you want them to have a lasso and catch your knights like reindeer or cattle?
  9. Agroplode

If having a single Empire Elite Cataphract instantly won the battle for you, would you ask for it to be nerfed? Yes or no?

If yes, why?
    I bet you can't answer this question.
    Yes lets make up absurd stuff.
    I understand now, that you want troops from factions that you dont play nerfed. So you can stomp them easily. I bet you cant deny that 😅
  10. Agroplode

Asking to nerf troops in singleplayer 😞 🤷‍♂️

Every single time I play M&B, be it Warband or Bannerlord. I have some idea what I want to do. There is always some roleplay aspect to it. Do I play a bandit or do I play a noble? Do I play a mercenary with crappy troops at tier 2 and 3.

Why would I want Khans Guard nerfed? They are perfect for making all Calradia pay tribute, should I choose to play as Khan!
  11. Agroplode

Do the Aserai have the worst noble troop tree?

I think AI have problems using the right weapon at the right time. So the more weapons they have, the higher chance they are using the wrong weapon.

No tier 6 noble should have bad armor, not even Khans Guard. They got the curved boots with +5 armor or so.
  12. Agroplode

Kill spam colors

I wonder if its possible, or some mods already out there, that change the kill spam colors for battles. I want to see my troops K/D separate from the rest of allied troops, and even my personal kills in different color.
  13. Agroplode

Armor lack of effectiveness Devs should consider

For comparison, hits my character has taken last 24 hours.
    40+ damage from arrows to helmet.
    70+ damage from glaive to helmet.
    🤷‍♂️
  14. Agroplode

New Order of Battle system is immersion breaking for me

They seem happy that it solved some problems they had, with programming the AI behavior. So I doubt we ever get a strategy game worthy battle system or party panel for that matter.

I used to pick up specific units for specific jobs, but that is all gone now.

Its just one big fast food operation.
  15. Agroplode

Armor lack of effectiveness Devs should consider

I don't mind arrows tickling good armor, I just cant seem to find at what range the arrows lose the tickling power. I got shot at near max range the other day and it was a head shot. I was first man to cross the line and first arrow/bolt *ding*.
    I would like to see something like 0 damage from say 100 meters or more on top end armor.

I want some kind of reasonable chance to command my army, given we only have limited options to do it. Last thing I need is lose 5 hp here 10 hp there while trying to shout commands. Which again will need to be repeated because there was a tree in the way or a rock etc. And for "realistic" reasons, my Commander will move his shield to one side and make gestures with his right arm. So as to make it easier for enemy archers to shoot him :smile:
Back
Top Bottom