Recent content by WarandPeace

1. Do you want the game to be released now?

You're absolutely insane for thinking the game should be released now. Horse archers are pretty dumb right now and sieges still suck. I'm still suffering from serious snowballing issues. I'm not paying for an unfinished product. Have you seen what happened with cyberpunk 2077? The same will happen here if the devs don't keep to their promise of a finished game.

But honestly, warband had a lot of DLC released for that game and people bought it. For that reason I'm very confident they will deliver on their promises though you can't please everyone. DLC will bring in more revenue for them so they have to finish the game right before they get to that point. Not to mention that leaving the game as is will lose faith with their customer base.

Mods should be icing on the cake, not the flour and eggs that make it up.
  2. How starting a new game is like:

Yeah I get bored of playing after like an hour. I haven't even finished a game yet because the whole war thing gets dull after a while. I'm not really sure how else they could make the game a lot more engaging. Maybe minigames? Gambling or board games maybe? There's also no point in wandering through a city when you can just click the trader's portrait and be instantly transported there. It would be nice to have reason to walk through a city; similar to skyrim with npcs occasionally talking to each other, listening to rumors, or maybe a random fight happens or a thief tries to run away. Or enter the houses and see what's inside or something?
  3. Shall we talk about the paper armors?

I really think everyone should check this video out (start at 6 minutes) and see a single trained knight take out a whole bunch of peasant bandits by himself and then picture this with 10 knights against 100 peasants. I would bet on the knights winning to be honest. Plus revamping the armor system so much, imo, would require a more complicated combat system than just the 4-way attack system that TW has implemented including a form of 'where your hit landed' attack system where depending on where you hit him would determine the damage you do. So stabbing him in the plate-protected chest with a sword would do 0 damage while slashing him carefully at the exposed neck would probably be a one-hit kill.

Actually now that I think about it it could work with the current system. You just need a lot more armor parts to worry about (similar to Exanima) and be able to turn your characters torso so you can aim at where you're hitting at.
  4. SP - General Designing Bannerlord

A lot of really good points here and much of it is still the same which is kind of why I'm not too excited about the full release of the game to be honest because I've already got most of the game figured out but, mind you, I'm at around 500 hours of play so I've been investing a lot in it including multiplayer.. The core mechanics are pretty good but get boring over time in single player which is why warband became a big hit; because of the rp multiplayer.

But I think i see what you're getting at. Everything basically feels rushed. Like, for example, the child education. Just like character creation, you pick a few choices for your child and that's it. There's no scene of each choice and there's no way for you to actually build a connection with your child. He/she is just this object mechanic to be used as your marriage candidate for another potential noble or to be your heir when it's time for them to be. Same with marriage candidates. It's just a bunch of persuasion checks. There's nothing to actually build a connection with them (although I fully understand why since there are A LOT of potential wives to choose from depending on how early start to look for one).

Any way just my two cents.
  5. Feedback Regarding Armor/Weapon Realism

There's a reason David killed Goliath with one stone...
  6. Poll - Are u satisfied with how TW has been tackling this EA?

It's pretty awesome. I haven't been paying much attention to the progress over the last 6 months but I just encountered children's education on my latest playthrough which was really cool. After taking a look at warband (correct me if I'm wrong about this) but I hope they add feasts and more political intrigue options such as assassination, spreading rumors in cities, quests for breaking allies out of prison, etc.
  7. Can we do something about the khuzaits?

Well, they're clearly modeled after the mongols which conquered most of the world with their trained horse archers. I guess the best option is to make an army dominant with archers and horse archers. The imperial bucellarii are my favorite horse archers so far as they can snipe enemies from really long distances.
  8. Khuzaits Way To OP

Pretty sure mods will solve most of your issues. Just have to download it with vortex and your gtg.
  9. A month already

Should've trashed the multiplayer and focused on the single player. Then everyone would be happy.
  10. Should we be able to marry non-nobles like Companions, Merchants & Gang Leaders?

At best, marrying an important person in the city would give you full access to that row of troops that you can recruit into the army as well as special troops maybe? Probably nothing too crazy but I can't see what more you could gain from such a marriage. At least when you marry a noble of a clan you gain benefits such as a higher chance of that clan joining you when you separate your territory from your faction as far as I can tell.
  11. What do you want Bannerlord to be?

I haven't played warband but from what other people have said it sounds like a very interesting game. I want them to finish adding warband's features which is an absolute necessity; otherwise bannerlord is just a less fun game that looks wayy prettier than warband. I do hope they finish adding voice acting since if you play through the main quest you would know there is one character who actually speaks; so I hope there will be a lot more voice acting. But I want them to finish the core elements first before any of that.

I really want to see a lot more things to do outside of being a lord however. Like being able to train your recruits rather than have good men risk their lives against bandits and looters. Being able to develop your workshops further like give them names and interesting upgrades like making arrangements for further supplies from other villages to increase daily money gain. As for having your castles; having recruiters is a must in my opinion. Having them make use of the training grounds and rank up should be a thing as well.
  12. So what features are you guys expecting from the devs?

A basic, functional game where all the perks work as intended, you can actually find and buy heavy armor and equipment somewhat reliably, and where you can train your troops without having to grind on looters over and over.

After that is taken care of we can start thinking about other things. Before that, it is pointless imo.

Agreed with every point. The core stuff needs to be worked out first for sure. Looking forward to seeing the vlandian heavy armor.
  13. So what features are you guys expecting from the devs?

Feasts for me. We direly need feasts.

It served multiple purposes. Primarily it was a way to actually meet all the nobles of the land face to face and interact with them. It was a good way to build relations (in Warband if you fought alongside a lord and spoke to them after you got a rep boost, so fighting a huge battle and going to a feast made it easy to speak to all of them to improve relations), meet the eligible ladies of the realm and begin choosing your future spouse, and participate in a big tournament in which all the lords fought in to compete. If you won the tourney you could then dedicate the victory to the woman you fancy to build rep with her as part of the courtship system that we also direly need back.

In addition throwing feasts was a massive economic sink for the player as you needed to collect a massive variety of food, drink, trade resources like spices and oil, and all sort of things. The more you spent the more rep you got with your guests. In Bannerlord this could easily be a way to convert your stacks of gold into influence that can be used to further your standing in the realm.

And most of all... It just gave the lords something to do aside from fight. It was an activity to do during peace time and a way to celebrate large victories so that the AI didn't just keep going and steamroll over a recently defeated opponent, but it felt pretty organic in that it makes sense to celebrate a glorious victory with a feast even if it wasn't strategically the best move.

Feasts would go a long way to solving a lot of Bannerlord's problems. I also look forward to the potential of what a Bannerlord feast could be like. I am hoping for more interactions and more socializing to do. Maybe we can challenge other lords to a board game and gain some small renown by besting them in front of the other lords.

Oh man I'm actually quite intrigued by this. I've been wanting a way to get allied nobles in my faction to side with me when I create my own kingdom. I hope they improve on this too when they bring it over.
  14. So what features are you guys expecting from the devs?

Hello everyone. So I have never played warband before as around the time of its release I was hard-focused on skyrim so I'm quite unfamiliar with how things worked with that game. So, that being said, I'm wondering what features from warband you're hoping the devs will be bringing over to...
  15. Which factions are the strongest and weakest in your game?

For me it's western empire every playthrough. When I get to around clan tier 2 they have already declared war on almost every faction and generally will either have lost two of their towns or be down to two towns left. It's a shame as their the faction I wanted to join.
Back
Top Bottom