Recent content by Waffenbaum

1. Waffenbaum

SP MP Antiquity Eagle Risng - Rise of an Empire

A good mod even this relatively early in development.
    Is there any chance that you might implement a way to adopt your companions into your family, like the Roman Senators and Patricians often did to ensure loyalty?
  2. Waffenbaum

B Antiquity Mount & Gladius II: Rise of Aurelian

That looks pretty good. A shame it isn't the foundation of a proper Rome mod, but rather just a conversion of the existing in-game Empire.
    While the work being done is undeniably great, I personally don't feel it fits the Empire of Calradia as it's far more Byzantine than Roman.
  3. Waffenbaum

B Medieval Mount & Blade II: Shokuhō - The New Gekokujo for Bannerlord

I was already following it on Moddb, excellent. Gekokujo was one of my favourite mods for Warband and I have no doubt this can be the same for Bannerlord. Great work so far.
  4. Waffenbaum

SP Medieval 1

An excellent mod, and following the development on discord is a real treat.
  5. Waffenbaum

MP Sci-Fi Fantasy Jedi Knight - Legends From The New Republic

I want to hear more about this, especially the setting.
    Star Wars: Jedi Knight III would have been the third game in the Jedi Knight series featuring Kyle Katarn, but was cancelled in 2002. But those games were primarily singleplayer with multiplayer battle modes. Would this have a singleplayer story in the same vein, or would it be more like Star Wars: Battlefront?

Though the subtitle, "Legends of the Old Republic" suggests it takes place during the time of the Knights of the Old Republic games or the current Bioware MMORPG, while the Jedi Knight series were set contemporary to the original trilogy.
    Any of these settings would be cool, but the name is a little confusing.
  6. Waffenbaum

SP Fantasy Kingdoms of Arda (Lord of the Rings for Bannerlord)

How does the camera work with playable dwarves compared to say The Last Days of the Third Age, where you had to manually set the camera height to compensate for their short stature?
    Hopefully the Bannerlord engine handles this a bit more fluidly.
  7. Waffenbaum

B Antiquity Mount & Gladius II: Rise of Aurelian

Don't you think you should at least let TaleWorlds release the modding tools before jumping on the abandoned train?
  8. Waffenbaum

MP Medieval Twilight of Chivalry - 15th Century Medieval Experience

Hundred Years War was one of my favourite mods for Warband and it pains me to no end that it was abandoned (twice). It has such great promise and it was a lot of fun, despite being unfinished and the English translation not being great. Here's hoping this will capture the same feeling, I'm very optimistic about it and will be keeping an eye on it.
  9. Waffenbaum

Dark Ages Medieval 1066 Anno Domini

Looking forward to this, it's a very interesting time for a lot of young nations vying for power over England. One question though; Will you be adding the Danes, either as an existing faction, an emerging faction or as a mercenary faction?

I'm thinking namely of Sweyn II of Denmark, who arrived in Eastern England in 1069 with a sizeable army and navy, offering help to Edgar Atheling and the Anglo-Saxon and Northumbrian rebels in a bid to reclaim the territory which had belonged to his uncle Cnut the Great.
    He went on to eventually occupy all of Northumbria and capture York, and held it until William the Conqueror decided to offer an exuberant sum of Danegeld for Sweyn to abandon his conquest and return home.

While Sweyn agreed and pulled his army out of England, it's not unlikely that a good deal of Danish mercenaries stayed behind to join the Anglo-Saxon rebels for a chance of spoils and glory (Edgar's exile notwithstanding). Many were battle-hardened veterans who had come to England precisely for those reasons and did not like Sweyns decision to abandon a successful conquest for a fat payoff.

Perhaps this event could also be reflected in the mod as a special unit available to the Anglo-Saxons after 1070, or/and maybe a follower?
    Just a thought, anyway. Thanks for reading.
  10. Waffenbaum

SP - General Clan Defection & the Curious Case of Cultural Suicide

Been thinking about this in regards to recent game changes and maybe a good way to solve it would be to let clans whic leave their factions (or are forced out) become independent like mercenaries, until such a point where they secure enough favor with a different faction to join?
    It wouldn't solve the massive cultural mishmash but it would make defections less arbitrary, maybe.
  11. Waffenbaum

SP - General Bring Back the System Messages Log, please.

The more I play the more it feels like a proper system log is necessary to keep a reasonable overview of everything without wading through several menus in the encyclopedia.
    While it's a great feature to have, it just cannot do the job the system log used to do and I think people are finding that true the more the game improves with every patch.
  12. Waffenbaum

Resolved Companion Aika the She-Wolf needs 11406 golds to settle debts!

It seems to calculate your companion's worth based on their gear. This was fixed in one of the previous patches, but likely not in ongoing games where they have already been generated. And if you let a companion go and try to rehire them later, if they still have their good gear they'll be almost impossibly expensive.
  13. Waffenbaum

Resolved Rolling Back from Beta build 1.1 to Main build 1.0.10

Same thing happened to me. I opted back in to e1.1.0 and could load again. It seems that the changes between e1.0.10 and e1.1.0 are so major you might need to do a fresh install after downgrading to be sure. I had to start a new character but with the improvements at least it feels worth it.
  14. Waffenbaum

SP - General Proper Mail Hood/Neck Protection.

I was looking through the list of available shoulder armors, and realized that while there are a good handful for the Empire, Sturgia and the Khuzait (and some of these looking good on the Aserai as well) there wasn't really anything at all for Vladia (and to a lesser degree Battania, which also...
  15. Waffenbaum

SP - General There should be roads

I agree, the Empire would have established roads throughout Calradia to facilitate trade and to move their armies. All cities should be connected by roads which make travelling faster (on paper, sometimes it makes sense to take shortcuts if you can move at decent speed through forests or difficult terrain). Likewise, lords with bonuses to moving in forest/marsh/snow should be more likely to deviate from roads if there was a shorter path to their target.

I see no reason why there wouldn't be roads in Vladia and the Empire. Battanian roads would probably not be paved, and thus not give as much movement bonus as elsewhere, and the Aserai would have little in the way of roads (at least in the sandy areas). The Khuzait would probably have limited roads as their armies aren't as dependant on them, and Sturgians would, in my opinion, have a couple decent roads but otherwise prefer to go by ships if possible.
Back
Top Bottom