Recent content by VueChangZ

1. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

How do you make Merchants/Caravans or Farmers go faster in the map campaign?
  2. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

I have Morghs Editor.
    What happens when you increase the Abundance of Trade Goods? Does the Trade overall drop down and all cities dont really need to trade? Or do they trade less?
    What happens if you decrease the Abundance of Trade Goods? Does that increase Trade?
  3. Bug Reporting HQ

I have found another bug with the Guildmaster of towns, Whenever they give the quest to Ransom for Girl. The bandits travel to Zendar and dissappear. Also I get red texts of Axeman not found. I cheated to see all the units, When I travel to the spot of the village, the bandits are already gone. And they dont respawn.

EDIT:
    I also found out when I make a kingdom under the name of Khan, My units abilities dont correlate with the originals. Like for example, the Khergit Lancer has 4 Ironflesh and 4 Power Strike, the Personal Troops have 0 Ironflesh and 0 Powerstrike.
  4. Bug Reporting HQ

Hello!!
    I became a fan recently. I side mostly with the Khergit Khanate and have added tons of items to the ItemText.
    I have noticed that when I have custom troops with custom items they will work only for a bit. For example
    When the battle starts, they have all the gear. When I order them to all charge, they switch gears as if they're dropping it and fight bare hand.
    Is this a bug with items added?
    When I dont order them to all charge, and tell them to advance only. They keep their gear. Only when I tell them to charge will they all drop all their gear and fight bare hand.
  5. SP Native A Mod Long Forgotten

I really like this one. The balance is very well done in my opinion xD. Unlike other mods where they have oversized weapons and swing it very fast like its nothing...... I just 1 v 1 King Harleous but I don't mind lol. Do you think you can implement Diplomacy with "A Mod Long Forgotten"
  6. Suggestions

I have not been on for a long time, Busy with other things but I do hope I can suggest an Idea on here.

I would like the wife as a companion (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,171729.0.html)
    and Combat Abilities (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62230.0.html)
  7. New US server

:grin:

Thank you all for your suggestions.

This is for Bgfan:

Hello Bgfan I understand that mercenary only work for the bigger paycheck, but for now these rules are not set in stones. They are stepping stones toward the V3 that is about to come out. The rules would change over time but right now the mercenary do not have a system they work for or on.
    Most mercenary become mercenary and want to service themselves out to lords but this V2 that we play on don't have the payment function that would be able to use for who pays more gets more mercenary help. I had to come up with a way to balance it by giving it some contract so the mercenary would have something to do instead shout to every lord and ask to be of service.

As for the faction limit I've been thinking because it seems most people don't want restriction on faction limit, but there is just somethings you can and can not do.

Here is an example:

I host the server and people start to pour in. 7 players total so far. There is no faction limit and the rules are rules that I have set with changes that you guys have helped me with. The 7 people starts to roleplay. 4 becomes bandits and 3 became mercenary. I know right now that with the rules they are having fun and maybe the 3 mercenary are battling the 4 bandits. In just a short amount of time like 15-20 minutes run by in a flash and 9 more players pour in. 16 total players on server. Out of the 9 players they probably are getting ask to join either the mercenary or the bandits. Lets say that out of the 9 players 4 of the player formed a faction. They don't have any enemy and most faction usually don't attack mercenary they hire mercenary. Than 1 player decided they join the mercenary. The rest joined the bandits.

Now there is 4 players in a faction. 4 mercenary and 8 bandits.

In this case everyone is role playing and having fun. If we had follow the faction limit than 2 players will have to either join the faction or the mercenary unless they formed a different group. This would have made it so that more faction would appear and more roleplaying can be played. If we did not follow the faction limit than you would have the faction and the mercenary fight against the bandits. This usually happens unless they both don't help each other and either the mercenary gets slaughter or the faction gets slaughter by the sheer numbers of the bandit faction.
    Time flies by and 7 more players join making it a total of 23 players. Out of the 7 players 2 of the players are playing bandits and 2 other players have joined the bandit group. Then the other remaining 3 player are playing mercenary.

Now there is 4 players in a faction. 4 mercenary that is in a group. 10 bandits that are in a group. Than you have 3 players playing mercenary without being in a group which is OK because of roleplaying. You also have 2 other player who are roleplaying the bandits and they are attacking everyone even each other and the bandit group. By now you will have tons of bandits and some who are just single bandit.
    If they had follow the faction limit. they could have formed two  bandit factions because having 20 players or more on the server allows 8 member max. It would look something like this: 4 players in a faction/ 4 mercenary/ 3mercenary rogue/ 8 bandits/ 2 bandits/ 2bandit rogue.
    If you look at it this way you will find that the 2 bandit that wanted to be in a band formed one and are asking to recruit the other two rogue because they know they might just have to fight against a larger bandit group and even face the mercenary and factions.

I believe this limit faction would make people who likes to lead and make a band more atone to making allies and recruit making for a bigger and much more fun roleplaying because if there are two big bandit group of course they are bandits so they don't like each other and you have yourself a well rounded battlefield of roleplaying.  :grin:

Phew that is all lot of typing.  :eek:

This is for Lotus Dragon:

I could not agree more. I believe I mentioned something in my rule that there is no civilian because I see that no one really roleplay them unless they are just there to sneak attack people like a bandit. They might as well play bandit. I also had another rule that if someone is new and they announce it they can travel around the map and explore the game. They can go about their freely ways as long as they announce they are new to everyone but anyone who is caught mining and getting weapons and killing other player who are allowing them to freely roam the game to know what its all about is kick.

I forgot to mention that the Viking faction is going to wear the neutral armor.  :smile:
    The mercenary are going to wear the gold armor because they seem to like money lol  :lol:

This is for Splintert:

I agree with you roleplaying is better if everyone knew and understand rules, because without rules its just another deathmatch with a little more organization, but it is still deathmatch in peoples eyes that try to roleplay.  :grin:

Phew I typed all lot.

I hope to hear from everyone and good luck.
  8. New US server

Thank you for responding.

This is for Lotus Dragon:

Thank you Lotus Now that I have rethink about it it makes more sense to do it that way. I will change that for the faction limit. Anything that is between the numbers round down.

1) 10 players
      A) limit is 4 players per faction even if you have 13-14 players it would still be 4 players max per faction.

2) 15 players
      B) limit is 6 players per faction

3) 20 players
      C) limit is 8 players per faction

4) 25 players
      D) limit is 10 players per faction

I guess you can say that for every 5 players after 10 the number of max faction increase by 2 players. This is great thanks Lotus :grin:

This is for CrazyCocoK:

Thanks Crazy I knew I forgot something. You are correct the spawn area which is in the forest area is a safe zone. Now for the armory I believe most people want the armory to be a safe zone. That was a hard decision for me to make because some people would like to role play the fact that anyone could be killed at the armory. For now I don't have a rule for it because some would want to roleplay it and some would want it for safety measures.

:smile:
    Pop me some good suggestion cause it hurt either players who like to roleplay the armory and those who like safety measures.

This is for Bgfan:

Thank you Bgfan for your suggestion about roleplaying stronger factions usually winning the odds of 5/1 deal. I thought about it and it became clear that yes it is true. The only thing that would be hard to upkeep is the fact that everyone is so use to playing deathmatch/roleplay on other server that if they play in this one they usually play bandit to start and than you start a ripple effect where everyone is bandit and a few people are factions and than comes the fact that everyone wants to play only bandits and than you have no more roleplaying, but another bandit server.

I like what your getting at and maybe I can bend the rules a little to players who like a little more freedom with less rules just pop me some suggestion, but Lotus has this one in a nut shell with faction limits  :grin:

On to the mercenary question. I like to roleplay the mercenary because they seem to fight everyone and protect everyone at the same time. So far to my knowledge V3 is about to come out where giving money is capable and there would be miners and serf's. This would solve the problem that this V2 has and the Mercenary would be able to roleplay to the best of mercenaries. In this mod no one can give gold to mercenary and they still have to go find the the bar of money and chest to make money for themselves.

That is one of the reason why I gave them a limit and contract deals. I did this to stop what I notice from playing in a server once. I'll tell you a story of an experience I had  :smile:. There was two faction Green team and Blue team and a few bandits.
    Blue team was just killing everyone and they were the admins they had no rules. Someone finally got fed up with it and formed a mercenary band. I joined it also. We attacked Blue team and slaughter them one by one until they b**tch so that we don't attack them. Our leader decided to stop attacking while I kept attacking and to my knowledge Blue team killed me and the mercenaries joined the Blue team.
    I spawned and joined the green team knowing that Blue team and Mercenary would attack them and sure enough they did. I fought against fellow mercenary and ask them to betray Blue team cause they were killing everyone on the server but when we kill them they b**tch about unfair play because we had more players on ourside. It was 9VS6 when we attacked Blue. No respond from the mercenary leader or his comrades. We lost and Green castle was siege. I than spawn and was repeatedly spawn killed and even killed by the mercenary and the Blue team. This lasted until blue got tired of just killing everyone and majority of the players were joining the mercenary and blue team so that they did not get killed or spawn killed. It got boring because the players that played decided to fight among themselves because it just became stalemate another Deathmatch game.

Phew that was all lot of typing I hope that answer your question if not feel free to ask again  :grin:

I like your idea of infiltrating into enemy castle roleplaying a betrayer of a faction. I don't want anyone not being able to roleplay betrayer because like Forest Gump said, "Sh*t happens". With the faction limit and the idea from Lotus. I say that betraying would work if they still have room in their faction limit to have you in there. It would not be fair if the faction already maxed out its faction limit and two people from another faction betrayed to join yours. It unbalances the game and it becomes another big faction and later get bored and start to random each other out.

Thank you everyone for great suggestion I hope to hear from everyone soon.
  9. Rules

Thank you for responding.

I understand your point Used and the other who had debated with you.

When I first started it said no rules and roleplay. I was more excited about roleplaying because now the deathmatch rule is not one of them. I was excited because I was getting tired of deathmatches. I joined a server to play. I forgot which one was it. I started out as an archer and started riding my saddle across persistent world and these players chased me around like mad men's. I was unarmed and was trying to ask where I could get money and before I got any respond I was killed. I spawned and rode a horse again and was killed and finally I found out how to get money and where to get my gears for war. I started to fight back and started killing those that harmed me. I met a few friends Mishkin is one of them and we both usually reside at the green castle but it later became more of a bandit type territory where everyone is all for themselves. I only play it once where factions were actually fighting each other than having bandits terrorize the game. After I tasted the roleplaying feel of the mod instead of the constant random killing of bandits I learned that this game can set rules to each different players needs of a roleplay.

I again thank you guys for the great debate because now people can discuss about deathmatch/roleplaying with only a few rules like: No rules
    And the roleplaying with more rules like: can not kill unarmed players and bandits can kill unarmed but can not kill new players who are learning this new mod...you know something that is along that line lol  :lol:

Well hope to hear from anyone soon and good luck
  10. Rules

Thank you guys for responding.

This is to Used:
    I agree that when Lazzlo created this mod he said no rules but he also mentioned roleplaying. I know some people have different ways of roleplaying. Like I said earlier they should have some rules and server for those who wants to roleplay instead of deathmatch/roleplay style. After reading some of the post here I came up with the deathmatch/roleplay for players who like the no rules and roleplay for players who want to actually roleplay the factions that Lazzlo created.

I understand that its a harsh persistent world, but some wants rule not because they suck or like you mention playing the sheep. They want to roleplay with rules that guide the roleplay so that they don't have a sense of deathmatch/roleplay feeling and can actually do what Lazzlo say by roleplaying.  :grin:

This is to BenFree:
    I was just making conversation lol on the two mod. I mean it don't hurt to have two mod with two different play style. A good example would be. I play on the deathmatch/roleplay and got bored of just killing and have only a few faction here and there and change mod to try out the roleplay style of the mod and vice versa lol.

Now for the hackers....Hmmmm I don't like hackers i got hacked a few times when I was playing starcraft on battlenet, but that is a different story lol  :lol:

Well hope to hear from anyone soon and good luck with the discussion.  :smile:
  11. Rules

After readin everyones post here I notice that this Mod is mostly Deathmatch disguise as Roleplaying lol.

Servers should just say something by saying deathmatch/roleplay so everyone should know that there is little rules that matches what Used is atone to and some should have it as roleplay with rules that fit people who actually want to roleplay.

I notice that those who likes to roleplay need certain rules to roleplay and those who just like to random kill everyone because they had an experience where they first started and got killed and fought back using their animal instinct to survive. I read something on what Used said in one of his post as the wolf and the sheep or the Lion.

I learned all lot of things from you guys debating. I learned that there are roleplayers and there are deathmatch/roleplayers. I see that everyone has a different view of roleplaying, but Mount&blade was a deathmatch until Lazzlo came out with this mod. I see this mod going towards those who wants to immerse themselves in roleplaying and those who likes it for a open field deathmatch/roleplaying. If it is possible have him have two type of mod one for roleplayers and one for deathmatch/roleplaying.

Well I said my piece and hope to hear from anyone soon.  :grin:
  12. New US server

Thanks for responding Sarashi

You suggest simple and GOOD rules by Forcing roleplaying, but you say that some of the rules are idiotic.  That does not help on me solving some of the major problem we already have and that is that no one really roleplays anymore just random killing and a little band group here and there.

I will explain my reason for having a limit for factions but it depends on how many players are on the server.

Ex: if there are 20 players and 15 of those players wants to be bandit and they form a bandit group having 15 players and just start killing the other 5 players who either are roleplaying factions lords or mercenaries. In the first few 10-15 minutes of the game it gets boring for some of those 15 bandit players because they are too many bandit and they break off forming another bandit group fighting among themselves. I don't mind that because its just the start of the game.

Than after a few 15-20 minutes of bandits fighting among themselves more players come and join in on the server going up to 28 players. Among most players that I've seen so far most like to become bandits because of they don't like to be killed unarmed and they know some server don't really follow the rules or they bend the rules to their liking and the only way for you to be safe and not get ban or kick is to be able to kill everyone and be a bandit. This usually turn out to be a random deathmatch or maybe even just one faction VS the bandit or Merc VS bandit, but this does not really last long and most people roleplay only one or two factions and bandit roleplay all lot.

1) OK now I come in and set the faction limit.

I allow 4 players per faction ( I took 28 players and divide it to 7 factions because there are 7 factions ex: V/R/B/W/G/M/B) This is to make the player roleplay by being in factions and being able to exploit the 7 factions ability in the game. This would allow for more of a balance and roleplay style instead of the usual random kill deathmatch with only a few band of group here and there.

I do like the idea of kidnapped I may have everyone start as civilian and first come first serve basis for being lords of a faction. I tend to play and be a spectator sometime so I can write down who is what leader and what is going on.

Thank you for your great respond and hope to hear from anyone soon.
  13. New US server

Cool it is understandable, I know what you guys mean. But I say real roleplayers not hack n slash idiots.

I understand what you mean by cooling down the rules, but from what I've seen so far playing; everyone does not RolePlay and none even follow the rules. some rules have to be bind so that you don't get idiots who does everything to make this mod unplayable.

The rules that are there are just bases to work with and may change. If you don't like a certain rule please feel free to ask why so I know which one is bothering your taste of Roleplaying and will change it to fit certain situation.  :smile:

I don't want to have all these rules restrict people from enjoying this great mod, so feel free to read the rules and let me know why. I believe that some rules have to be bind so that this server would be able to have a roleplaying style instead of random killing.

Hope to hear from anyone soon and good luck.
  14. New US server

New US server name: Vue_US Server PWMOD V2 These are for serious role players you will be kicked/banned if your just there to mess around Rules to know before playing or you will get kicked or ban by the admin. Roleplay is what makes this mod very good and better than other mods. I'm tired...
  15. Hosting a Dedicated Server Guide

Im trying to host a server and in the txt files do you have to add "get_add_to_game_servers_list 1" so that its added to the official game servers list?  Because it wasnt included in there until I read the readme.txt

Edit:  When I host it with the "get_add_to_game_servers_list" It still do not show up in the official servers list. Any Ideas
Back
Top Bottom