Recent content by unkowned

1. unkowned

Archer/Spearman

you go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\gekokujo\README and click gekokujo-units.png you should find what your looking for also only villager units become spearmen only some clans samurai units use a naginata (which isnt a spear)
  2. unkowned

Companion stats

YankeeDK said:
    Thank you kindly. Actually I found a modding tool today and looked it up. I totally forgot that existed.

Do you happen to know what dislikes each NPC has? I don't mean towards each other but towards looting, failing missions, etc.

i think pretty much all of them hate looting and failing missions since they would find it dishonorable because by saying you will do a missions means your putting your honor at stake i think the only ones that probably wont care would be those that dont care about honor and stuff like that you should be able to find out who they are by how they talk (or their background)
  3. unkowned

Non-partisan mounted troops?

GrizzlyAdamz said:
    Welp, thats one more thing on my 'roving tourney-goer phase' checklist:
    -Collect foreign samurai  [✓]
    Samurai can become horsemen villagers cant just go to a castle/town and recruit Ji-Samurai and after maybe 2 upgrades they can become horsemen
  4. unkowned

Shogunate System

If i remember correctly he did say he was ages ago i think he said he had like the bare bones done at the time but it seems it wasnt implemented in 3.0 yet but thats fine
  5. unkowned

Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

Bug Report: During a tournament (cant remember where damn) for some reason i had an onnabushi on my team who didnt move nor attack
    Also sometimes my arrows and/or allies arrows disappear after all the arrows have been used not sure if its a feature or a bug but for now i will consider it a bug

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres a suggestion more helmets for female characters (well not really helmets) like decorative pieces for the head
    Heres another thing its a small thing but is very very weird i find it kinda weird that whenever you capture a general they still have all their gear and weapons on so i was thinking maybe try to make it so that when you capture someone they dont have gear on (or atleast have them wearing some very basic stuff) and no weapons
  6. unkowned

Comments: 3.0 Released

RodriguesSting said:
    Now, why does this kickass game only have this post? Why don't you guys get a sub-forum?

a lot of other people have been saying this also we dont really know why though =\

maybe its because its only being worked on by 1 person and not a team? thats my guess anyway
  7. unkowned

Mangowarrior said:
    Another Question: Do the guns/firearms count as bows or crossbows? If they do count as bows then do they benefit from the "power draw" skill? It seems like the firearms fire crossbow bolts but I may be wrong about this, I would appreciate it if an expert could enlighten me with the truth.
    in this the guns work the same as crossbows so they dont have a powerup like power draw the power comes squarely from the gun things like firearm skill increases your accuracy with the gun
  8. unkowned

CrazyFoxhound said:
    I've been playing this mod for a while now and I got to say that it is amazing!

But I've been getting some error messages lately. I shall leave an image below.

xoue.jpg

I beg your forgiveness if this wasn't the place to "report" this.

that is an error that comes up all the time it isnt game breaking and i THINK its fixed in 3.0 so for now just ignore it as it wont affect your game
  9. unkowned

phlpp said:
    there are a lot more than that -- my to-do list has 400 lines (with half of them already implemented). it's mostly so incremental that i haven't remembered to mention everything

regardless by telling people what i do know they will be very excited for the next update and will also come to understand why it would take time besides posting that here will probably also stop other people from asking the question again lol
  10. unkowned

mike56 said:
    phlpp said:
    Upcoming Features
    The game is nowhere near complete, as this release only brings it up to a minimum playable standard.

At least for the near and medium terms:

- Multiplayer
    - Localizations in many languages
    - Revised tournaments
    - A religion system
    - Parallel faction systems for merchants and bandits, meant to complement each other and the territorial lords
    - More quests (with many based on the merchant, bandit, and religious factions)

Are any of this upcoming features comming with 3.0? They are all very good ideas. Oh, I would suggest another thing. It would be great to have more special and unique scenes for some important places as Edo, Kyoto and other. Would you need some help for this?

heres what will be added in 3.0 btw this is what i took from what he said on this very forum

Ok i will try to summerize whats being added next update

New Weapon Variations (Katanas, Tantos, Bows, Yaris, Naginatas)
    Katanas will be classified as 2 handed the way you attack with it wont change (this way the auto update of companions can pick katanas)
    Famous Katanas (which do more than the standard katana and i dont mean just damage)
    New Armour
    Retextured Armour
    New Shooting sound
    Formation shooting animation no more T
    Religion System (Bare Bones)
    Shogunate Court System (Bare Bones also i think)
    New Troop Tree (Archers and Gunners will be in percentages when it comes to ai army building this way some clans will have more gunners than archers while another will have more archers than gunners)
    Compatibility with the newest Warband Update
    New Music

If theres more then quote me and add it into the quote please thanks in advance =)
  11. unkowned

i think instead of adding more things i think that we should just let marty finish what hes doing right now get 3.0 update out of the way THEN think of adding all these other things at a later point =\
  12. unkowned

ZeroNoID said:
    When are you going to update?
    an update will be posted when he feels like hes done enough
    since the next update will break saves

many new things will be added/changed so just be patient it will come when hes finished enough
  13. unkowned

edliu111 said:
    Is there a way to change your banner in game without resorting to the in game cheat menu? Like is there a legitimate way to go about it? or was there a reason for this not being allowed. (yes, I'm aware you don't get to choose a banner unless you're a noble/own land.) Also on that note, perhaps it'd be better to choose a different default banner? Since the native black and red one looks rather out of place. And it's nice to know the creator actually reads the forums ^_^ thank you for your work, time, and dedication.

this mod doesnt use the default banners or you talking about the banner when you dont have land/title? if you do mean that one i dont think you can change it besides that banner is to show that your not with anyone nor are you a lord of your own land your basically militia or a ronin army if you want to call it
  14. unkowned

Talinoth said:
    THE ENEMY IS RETREATING! SHAMEFUR DISPRAY!

lol XD
  15. unkowned

OneRing2RuleThemALL said:
    Eiann said:
    Greetings!

I have a a few suggestions for Gekokujo after playing through it for about a couple of weeks now. I'm liking it very much. I'm currently playing as Oda and I have majority of my 80-man army as Elite Gunners or Elite Samurai Gunners. I can't recall very well what are they called. Regardless...

Since people have complained about the lack of usage for the shield skill, how about adding parrying daggers or war fans in place of the shields?
    You should make its shield coverage low enough for it to become near useless against ranged attacks, but of course, a few lucky blocks on ranged attacks would also be helpful.

And also... I don't know if others share my sentiment about the very small differences in the appearance of armor. The minor differences in appearance must be praised for its attention to detail. It's just that there's no other armor other than those of the Samurai. I know it might not sound realistic, but why not add armors based on:

-Ashigaru (aside from the current ones, how about the haci-gane protector or other chain mail armors in Japan?)
    -Ninja armor or clothing
    -Geisha or Kabuki? (for aesthetics only?)
    -Japanese sandals?

Speaking of ninjas, you better make the kunai usable as a dagger as it was actually "designed" to be a melee weapon rather than a throwing weapon. Shurikens are the ones that are really throwing weapons. There's also a lot of types of shurikens so I guess that should add variety to the weapons.

I'm short on time right now so I'll add other suggestions next time.

Sorry also if I'm suggesting too much even though I don't know anything about modding. I know it's hard to make a game like this, so just treat these as suggestions rather than requests.

Best of luck to you on this project!

Well most things - if not everything - comes from an OSP Pack, he does not possess the ability to do that unfortunately
    Hate to correct you but a lot of things are not from an OSP pack and he made himself thus it is possible would just take time the things from the OSP packs were lower in quality then what we currently have.

besides saying "if not everything" sounds rude the towns the castles the siege were all made from scratch keep that in mind thats A LOT of work more than armour more than weapons
    not only that next update the religion system as well as the court system will also be in place these are also from scratch (bare bones) so if i had to say only a small amount of things will be OSP packs once 3.0 is out there will also be new weapon variations as well which is also not from an OSP.

What i mean is in v1.0 near enough everything was from OSP
    2.0 Marty replaced the OSP items with ones he made himself
    3.0 Many more new items as well as new systems in place

Thus Marty DOES have the skill to do it but he will do it only if he wants to as for using kunai as a melee thats such a simple thing to do >_>
Back
Top Bottom