Recent content by UghUghUgh

1. Ah September... 5 Years

"Oh, for a voice like thunder to break the sound of silence. What will our Lord on High deliver unto us poor souls? When the senses are shaken and the soul is driven to madness, who can wait? When the souls of the oppressed fight in the troubled air that rages, who can linger on?
    When the whirlwind of fury comes from amidst the offscourings and the wrath drives the nations together, when sin claps its broad wings over the battle and sails rejoicing in a flood of death, when souls are torn to everlasting fire and fiends of hell rejoice upon the slain, who can wait any longer?

Oh, who hath caused this? Who can answer at the throne of God? Taleworlds has done it! Hear it not heaven, thy ministers have done it!"

And this is what happens when you mix Simon & Garfunkel with Loreena McKennitt (or William Blake).
  2. Dev Blog 21/09/17

I would have loved to have more info on the sieges. In Warband there was either a fixed ladder or a moving siege tower and just two points of defence and a spawn point for reinforcements (if I remember correctly).

If you are going to revisit the scene editor, please explain the options that were surely added to give the AI some directions. How does the AI decide, which point to defend and when to give up and withdraw? Is there anything that is already part of the scene editor? The level of complexity has increased a whole lot and AI coding is probably one of the reason why the game keeps getting delayed.
  3. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

There are more complaints than just the graphics. The blog talks about improved tactis and I don't see any demonstration thereof. It might be there, if you search long and hard, but I am not supposed to do that, because Taleworlds wants my money, not the other way round. The same is true for attack chains. Where dem at, eh?

And then there are the horses still bumping into each other at full speed and not giving a ****. After years of development, this glaring issue hasn't been adressed in any way shape or form.

But oh my, there are more videos and interviews to come with some explanations and finally the soon^tm.
  4. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Please for the love of God and all that is right and holy, let someone, who is somewhat skilled play your game.

And most importantly, you don't want to sell this game to your most avid fans. I will buy the game no matter what. Newcomers don't know what they are looking at and are simply confused, when you upload these videos without any explanation. They are looking at a fugly hack and slay game, which it isn't.

There is a context to the battles, which makes them interesting, like a bigger military campaign. And the little bit of individual fighting tells them nothing about the tactis you can employ in battles. Really, this is crappy marketing, because the videos and your blog post tell different stories. You got to sit the retarded 8 year old boy down and explain them everything in detail, just like you are reading a picture book to them.
  5. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

I did my duty spamming BANNERLORD in the twitch chat as often as it allowed me to. And now there's a boring guy from CA talking about their next title for all them suckers, who are into DLC whoring. Ugh
  6. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Ugh, there are some lovely new screens coming my way. There's got to be something to complain about... I can see how the LOD's are very low poly and the textures really blurred. Also, the hair isn't animated and the horses' manes look crappy. And that leaf isn't historically accurate and they didn't have heels before the 15th century. And the game isn't out yet.

There you go, now everything is alright again, just the way it is supposed to be.
  7. Imagine a possible port to Bannerlord?

Yeah, I am still around waiting for Bannerlord. That scene editor looks grand, I just need a new rig to use it. And back on topic I agree with the drunkard that a smaller project has to be preferred. I don't have that much time to waste it on scene editing and it is way easier to do a small project justice.
  8. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 8 - Engine Power [VIDEO]

The devs wrote that they are interested in feedback from sceners and I can see some oft the devs lurking around. I am one of the guys who made scenes for AD1257, a warband mod, and kuauik and Al_Mansur from the same mod team have already posted in this thread.

So far I have been disappointed by the blog posts and screenshots and this video is a total game changer. Players don’t care about the editor, but I scened more than I played the game so it is your guess what matters to me. To put it kindly the scene editor in Warband was basic and this is a professional tool. Unfortunately I have no skills at all. I will probably give this a try, but without some serious help I can already see me getting lost.

Back to my perspective on this. The stuff you have shown here is very interesting, yet I hope there is way more in. I haven’t seen any spawn points nor any stuff that adds functionality to a scene. Here is what dreams are made of:

- Improving a settlement on the campaign map and changing the scene accordingly. Imagine there a three categories like fortifications, farming and housing and each category has four tiers. I want to be able to create all the combinations in the editor. First thing is to get the terrain done, then four different population levels aka housing and adding the fortifications and finally the farming. DrThomas did something along those lines for the city you could build in AD1257 and different professions and their buildings appeared in the town map. I myself created three tiers of castles for different areas and want something to ease the work.

- Creating animations and walking loops for a scene. Imagine you enter a scene In the morning and a shepherd with his dog spawns in his hut, leaves it, opens the coral and leads the sheep to the meadow where the move around in a circle with some stops in between till the finally return to the coral in the evening. The dog is allowed some freeroam around the shepherd and the sheep just follow the “leading sheep”. Think of a SWAT like menu (anybody even remembers that game?!) I want scenes to be different depending on the time of the day you enter them. You can easily add to that e.g. quest accomplished or failed.

- Some triggers which can be added in the scene. Here is an easy example: You ride through the gatehouse of a town and either playing kids or a horse pulling a cart is crossing your path.

- Simple stuff like placing a sound source.

The stuff I mentioned is uninteresting for most players, but it can be also used to make siege scenes more interesting. All I want is to get rid of the frozen world of Warband. Keep it up!
  9. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

I want to know the release date too.
  10. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 4 - Flexible Entries

I remain unimpressed. The two pics look boring for no other reason than utter laziness. It is easy to create better scenes and take better pictures in Warband. The worst part though is the resemblance to Warband. There is no new artstyle, nor do the models look any better.
    What is the time at Taleworlds spent on? Telling stories to impressionable and gullible fans? You better come up with fundamental improvements. The game appears to be nothing more than a minor improvement over Warband just like Warband was over the original M&B.
  11. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Both tennis and soccer are easily comparable with medieval sword fencing, because you need your body for all of those activities. Seriously, why is this considered a fair comparison? I just don't get it.

Is playing the same as fighting for your life? I am desperately trying to find some common ground. Is it the fact that you hold your tennis racket and you also hold a weapon in your hands? You know, you can also hold a towel in your hands. How is that for a comparison?
    A soccer ball is round and you touch it with your feet and you can kick someone in the nuts and the are sort of round. Is that the comparison I am missing?

Please help me to succeed in my quest to understand this complicated matter!
  12. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

I am sorry to say that I am not impressed by the screenshots at all. Maybe the gameplay will show major improvements. Unless the latter is true, this game just isn't for me.
  13. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

My keyboard: F1, F2, F3, F4, can't read that, F6, F7, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12

Stop posting while I try to get my post out, god damn it!
  14. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

I've found some new most unoffical news on Bannerlord.

This is Armagan on a rocking horse, look at them legs, they are a tell-tale sign. Seriously, entertain yourself with some foolish stuff, like failing at paint, just like I just did. There are some very creative folk out there, who can easily depict some epic action going on at taleworlds right now.

b4x0k2.png
  15. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Yeah, I could have made it to Cologne, it is only 70 km away, but I didn't even read that thread announcing a free ticket until five minutes ago. You know why that is? Because there is no news.

But as a compensation I have managed to receive a warning for spamming in this spam thread in June. Thank you Taleworlds. Ain't that a great tale to tell?! I am not allowed to spam in a spam thread. Oh, I am such a looser.

Back on topic whatever that is around here:
    Is there any leaked info yet on who is the lucky one going to Cologne with Taleworlds? I'd sure as hell bugger the living hell out of those guys.  I guess a turkish guy from Germany is the best choice, because he speaks Turkish, English and German. Add to that him being a modder.

And I haven't seen any thread on the most popular questions to ask the programmers. But I already know all the answers:
    Interesting question. Next question.
    Who knows.
    Whatever
    I am not authorised to answer this question.
    I am the wrong one to answer that question.
    The dog ate my homework.
    Arm again the walls (armagan, get it?), another question incoming (like another wave of attackers).

Please continue with your favourite taleworlds answer. I am back to my cave. My taxi is waiting.
Back
Top Bottom