Recent content by TylerDurden

1. TylerDurden

Rate the song above you!

7/10 Love that funky bass! :cool: it gets a little repetitive after a while though... I'm not sure what it is about RHCP, but I've just never been able to get into them. I'm open to suggestions though!

2. TylerDurden

Movie and show non-appreciation thread

I know everyone loved The Edge of Tomorrow, and it was actually a really good sci-fi action movie....until the ending. I freaking hated the ending! It made absolutely no sense and felt lazy and completely out of place with the rest of the movie!  :mad:

Why the hell would Cage be back in the helicopter from the beginning? Why would you erase Cage's sacrifice and instead tack on a stupid Hollywood ending!?!? Why are the aliens dead now before the attack? If the aliens are dead now, what is Cage even doing in London? Did they just disappear because cage killed the Alpha? If so, how would people even know if they even existed? Is this an entirely new timeline? WHY IS THE ENDING SO STUPID???? WHY DID YOU HOLLYWOOD ASSHOLES RUIN THIS AMAZING MOVIE?????  :facepalm:

Seriously though, they should have just let Cage die in the end...It had been perfectly built up, and it would have completed his character arc; going from the weak, arrogant ******* to a super-soldier hero willing to sacrifice himself and die (for REAL this time) for the sake of humanity. I haven't read the comic it was based on, but I'm almost certain that the ending was 100% better than the movie ending.
  3. TylerDurden

Metal, metal, metal

Thanks for the recommendations!

Vieira said:
    have a listen to Leprous, Rishloo, Caligula's Horse or Soen
    I've heard a couple of Leprous songs, but I haven't yet heard anything from the other bands you mentioned, so I guess I'll be doing a lot of listening tonight. Also, I really liked the song by Soen, so I'll definitely check them out!
    Vieira said:
    Which Devin Townsend have you listened to?
    Some of his more recent Devin Townsend Project stuff (Casualties of Cool, z^2).
    Vieira said:
    Disgustipated is the best song, though.  :iamamoron:
    Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!  :lol:

Xardob said:
    You should give Ayreon a try. You might also like Circus Maximus. I've also heard a lot of good things about Seventh Wonder, the old band from the current Kamelot singer. If you don't mind Prog Power, check Anubis Gate and Pagan's Mind.
    I've heard 'The Theory of Everything' from Ayreon, and I liked it (probably because the flute reminded me of Jethro Tull). I haven't heard of Anubis Gate or Pagan's Mind, but I like Kamelot (especially their Black Halo album) and they're Prog/Power/Symphonic Metal, so I'll give them a listen.
    Xardob said:
    And listen to Fates Warning, if you haven't already.
    The list grows! :party:
  4. TylerDurden

Metal, metal, metal

Greetings metal-heads!

I haven't been on this forum for a while, but I was wondering if I could get some band/song recommendations from you guys. I'm a metal noob, but I've been getting more into progressive metal lately, and so far I like Dream Theater (their older stuff, especially Octovarium), Haken (personal favorite), Opeth, Mastodon, Symphony X (I loved 'The Odyssey'), A Perfect Circle, Tool (I'd like to hear a bit more from them...any song recommendations?), and Devin Townsend. Can anyone recommend any other good prog metal bands or songs?
  5. TylerDurden

What made you laugh today - Fifth Edition

Even at their worst, though, they're still 10x better than SNL.
  6. TylerDurden

What made you laugh today - Fifth Edition

Man, those guys are seriously the funniest thing on TV right now. Too bad this year is the last season of their show :sad:
  7. TylerDurden

What be on yer noggin?

Docm30 said:
    Nothing good has ever come from Bavaria.

Cremé bavaroise?
  8. TylerDurden

What hurt you today?

I bruised my tailbone while taking a charge during basketball today...now it hurts to sit down :meh:
  9. TylerDurden

Rate the song above you!

9/10 That was some good stuff, especially during the last couple of minutes.
  10. TylerDurden

Rate the above forumite's avatar v. IV

Seems a bit out of season...2/5
  11. TylerDurden

Movie Recommendations

You could give them the George Lucas special edition treatment....
  12. TylerDurden

What are you playing right now?

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic  :iamamoron:
  13. TylerDurden

Random Media v.3 (Comedy Optional, Interesting Optional)

Happy American Independence Day!
  14. TylerDurden

Rate the song above you!

Awesome theme, awesome movie! 9/10

Btw, there's going to be a remake in 2 years for some reason. Hollywood needs to stop doing these unnecessary remakes :mad:
Back
Top Bottom