Recent content by (TWD)Tom

1. (TWD)Tom

Please Make Bannerlord PW Like The Original Twisted Swamp Map

ManOfWar said:
    Hello all,

I forget the name of the original pw version and map but it's the first I played and the best in my opinion.

The new PW became WAY to repetitive with the eating,class,farming and resource mechanics.

I think the faction system kicks ass and adding that to the simplicity of the original PW and original map would be amazing.

The silk trade route everyone used to make money quickly made it so anyone looking for a fight could have one(both those wanting to rob and the people you could hire to protect you)

And it you wanted to roleplay, all it took was money. No god damn class bull**** to restrain you. Go buy a staff, a cloak, armor or whatever and go do it.

The food mechanic and the healing mechanic are the worst. It shouldn't be a requirement to be fully healed or stay healthy. They should give you BONUS points so for those who want to play virtual farmer will get a benefit.

And for everyone else who doesn't want to waste their time farming, it's not a burden.

And of course  the original Town Guard. Hilarious to play and fight against them haha. Sometime they were being jerks and charging you to get into the city so you'd have to revolt.

And of course the power struggles within the guard itself...

I think this makes sense.

What do you guys think?

The sad fact is I doubt you'll ever truly see a regression of the advancement of features within the mod. Let's be honest, the PW you are talking about was simple and crude (when it comes to code and features.) Though, for some of us wearing nostalgia glasses we view it as the ideal PW, perfectly balancing its simplicity to maximize the fun. Due to that same simplicity, attempting to revert what we see now would probably annoy the larger player base that loves the new features and would not want to see them removed from the mod. It's like how when people get old they long for the simpler things from the past, yet ignore the obvious benefits from innovation. Choosing to use a rotary phone over any smart phone, talking about how all they had as a kid to play with was sticks and rocks not video games, there is something innately drawing humans back to their familiar roots. For you, me, and some others feel this longing for the past PW, but we are easily the minority, with most of the population eagerly awaiting further innovations within the mod.

In the New PW, if you truly want to find the fun you once had you really need to immerse yourself and work harder to recreate it. It’s still there, it's just buried underneath time consuming features and a new player base, but it's there and all you have to do is dig it out.  I as with a few others anxiously await for what bannerlord brings to this mod, in hopes that bannerlord will give me the reason to play again unnecessary scripts and all.
  2. (TWD)Tom

I may be dating myself here.......... (lefox)

Barradin said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnfSoaJxe3Y

<3<3

dont care if it's a double post
  3. (TWD)Tom

Wow it's really sad to hear. I started playing this mod (like I said I'm dating myself) in 2011/2012 and back then the community is what drove it foward. The community is was pushed it to the heights. There was never a dominace of clans and even if there was they'd never be favored (if anything looked down upon). Though in my time the mod was much more simplified, I mean I started to sense the change of direction once the whole stockpile system came into play. And I remember joining a server years back and you'd know the majority of the population playing (albeit was the same 60 or so players).

It really is a shame to hear, because back in the day (if I had anyone else to vouch for it I bet they would) the community was the main reason to keep returning. I think in part the constant split in servers breaking apart the population, combined with bad structed administratorship found within servers helped push servers owners towards wanting more players rather than a stronger community as a whole.
  4. (TWD)Tom

Osviux said:
    PW became clan/house dependant, scripts ruined the economy, but trolling and rule breaking is as much fun as it used to be.

I alway felt that over scripting of the economy just hindered the gameplay.....
  5. (TWD)Tom

Hi, So recently I've undergone a nostalgia trip, though I know many of you on here now may not know me and this is a longshot. I've grown reminiscent of the old times I had on PW. So I wanted to see if any of my fellow oldies were still around or if they've moved on by this point. I also...
  6. (TWD)Tom

Straw Hats Attention

I will admit I have tried to replay on two different occasions and it wasn't the same for me. It lacked the main thing I look for in games which is fun.... Yet I will assure you if pw moves to bannerlord expect le fox
  7. (TWD)Tom

Straw Hats Attention

Hate to say Korman I don't even have warband and installed on my computer anymore :sad:
  8. (TWD)Tom

The Hat Straws

Like 4 and from what I gather the people that were booted were never officially members more along the lines of people proclaiming their membership for no substantial reason.
  9. (TWD)Tom

The Hat Straws

The reason which you were booted from the straw hats is because we have something that may seem like a crazy new idea to you, we call it a base level of Maturity. Now to even be considered to join you have to be, hang in there, mature. And something like this, spews immaturity and lack of creativity... I mean c'mon, Hat Straws? If you could come to my house right now you'd be seeing my sarcastic applause for the intellect that went into this thread.
  10. (TWD)Tom

Straw Hats Attention

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
    (TWD)Tom said:
    Sir_Don_Quixote said:
    No no do not try and continue the Straw ****s Society. They take a piece of wonderful clothing and make it for themselves like greedy little pigs and kill every single person who wears it. Then brag about how good they are by killing little peasants and complain when they get stomped on and cry to splintert for the smallest little thing when they nlr and random like dicks they are. Splintert only gets on admin when something happens to his butt buddies am I right? When they nlr and random like **** man gtfo. They complain when they die but are like OMG IM SO GOOD when they spawn kill people. Then splintert comes on and BANS BANS BANS When we kill a straw **** for looting.  Make this **** clan go back to lonelyhearts because its a piece of **** and belongs as a piece of **** in a **** server where it was formed.

Does this guy even know who the leadership is of the straw hats yet alone its actual members? And I most certainly doubt he was around for the formation of them.

But anyway I created this thread because it has been passed onto me that there are alot of new "members" the "" because none of the leadership was aware of them joining and don't take kindly to not being informed let alone some person they don't even know tote about being part of the society.

Also there's been recent issue about Splint and his doings, but as of now Splint and Gravedigger pretty much adopted the leading role after myself and Manfrom stopped playing. I suggest that those of you who have been kicked and wish to remain a part start finding either of them in game and join them on their merry adventures. And if you're good enough you'll be accepted into the ranks.

Ehm, I know a lot of them, atleast some active ones. Heres a small list that comes to mind when I think randomers and kiss ups and braggers who think they're better then everyone.

Splintert
    GraiveDigger
    Tiptoeten
    Legolan
    Smokey
    Martin Redwood

I cant remember the real ones, but heres a list of those who i think are straw hats or atleast hang around them all the time and follow them like monkeys. Speaking of monkeys:

TheAMonkey
    Stealth
    Horace
    Lexington
    Female Pilgrim ?
    God, can't think right now

But their is a **** ton of them and I first noticed you guys practically beginning/middle of Lonely Hearts server. Probably the most damn annoying time I have ever witnissed with the Straw ****s is when they made the THUNDER CATS HOOOOOOOOOOO in global chat spam.

Let me just clarify some things in this seemingly endless back and forth pissing contest. Straw hats have been around a lot longer than you don and when I mean a lot... I'm talking a couple of years, and the leader's most of them have been around even before that. Before vornne was even the lead developer on this mod. But I will say we have many people come and complain about some odd thing we've done to them, and guess what nothing happens. Why? Because no matter how asinine we seem, we're always within the rules. Also if you complain about people having fun pretending to be thunder cats why?  It's a game people can do what they want to have fun and if that involves pretending to be a half human half cat then who's to tell them they can't?

p.s. I don't know who top, or tiptoten or smokey is (sorry) and I'd led the group through its founding (so I have my doubts about them being leaders). And if we're all abunch of randomers as you say then why haven't we been banned? Why is one of our leaders (splint) an admin? and he's not just an admin on this server but he's practically been an admin on one server or another since the fall of the original RCC server I think like 3 years ago? (my point being if he's a terrible admin how does he keep getting adminship?) SO let us have our fun you go have yours, we're not doing anything wrong here mkay?

back on topic any of you guys that got kicked talked to splint yet?
  11. (TWD)Tom

Straw Hats Attention

I think I know where the confusion to my steam status, manfrom aka Foxcola on steam and on the forum has a broken hard drive and hasn't been able to get on in months though he still messages people on the forum and on facebook.

Personally I think a dialog between those kicked and splint should be started so both sides can explain themselves.

p.s. the steam group honestly means nothing it's just a way to keep in contact with everyone.
  12. (TWD)Tom

Straw Hats Attention

I assume that second part of your post wasn't directed at me, but I'm on steam probably once a day and usually receive messages from members like digger or legolan and while he was on Manfrom, the other day I even talked with Ras about this issue for awhile. But it's not just me being ill informed it's digger, splint, ras, manfrom all the people who should know about new members, the only two people I talked to who know half of these new "members" have been lego and Martin Redwood.
  13. (TWD)Tom

Straw Hats Attention

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
    No no do not try and continue the Straw ****s Society. They take a piece of wonderful clothing and make it for themselves like greedy little pigs and kill every single person who wears it. Then brag about how good they are by killing little peasants and complain when they get stomped on and cry to splintert for the smallest little thing when they nlr and random like dicks they are. Splintert only gets on admin when something happens to his butt buddies am I right? When they nlr and random like **** man gtfo. They complain when they die but are like OMG IM SO GOOD when they spawn kill people. Then splintert comes on and BANS BANS BANS When we kill a straw **** for looting.  Make this **** clan go back to lonelyhearts because its a piece of **** and belongs as a piece of **** in a **** server where it was formed.

Does this guy even know who the leadership is of the straw hats yet alone its actual members? And I most certainly doubt he was around for the formation of them.

But anyway I created this thread because it has been passed onto me that there are alot of new "members" the "" because none of the leadership was aware of them joining and don't take kindly to not being informed let alone some person they don't even know tote about being part of the society.

Also there's been recent issue about Splint and his doings, but as of now Splint and Gravedigger pretty much adopted the leading role after myself and Manfrom stopped playing. I suggest that those of you who have been kicked and wish to remain a part start finding either of them in game and join them on their merry adventures. And if you're good enough you'll be accepted into the ranks.
  14. (TWD)Tom

Straw Hats Attention

This is to all members of the Straw Hat Society, many of you may not know me or care to know me. Lets just say I played a decent chunk in founding the entire organization going on a year ago. Now If you could all just do me a big favor and post here if you are in the society, recent issues have...
  15. (TWD)Tom

Screenshots!

I know this is double posting and what not, but I had an important question. Does anyone out there have any screenshots of that EU v.s NA event aldric had awhile back, particularly the end score?
Back
Top Bottom